Rooted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

johnnyv5

Oct 12, 2006
I can debloat but when I try pushing files using adb shell or copying using root explorer I get Read-only file system. I can use titanium to uninstall apps. I have DL09 installed and used manual method. Tried fixing permissions as well as wiping dalvik cache to no avail.....

jv

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I can debloat but when I try pushing files using adb shell or copying using root explorer I get Read-only file system. I can use titanium to uninstall apps. I have DL09 installed and used manual method. Tried fixing permissions as well as wiping dalvik cache to no avail.....

jv

I believe by default the /system partition is mounted as ro, it needs mounted as rw if you want to remove stuff.

Badger51

Mar 6, 2009
Kitchener ON
Google Pixel 4a
Successfully rooted, error when installing new rom

I believe I've successfully rooted my Samsung Fascinate.

However, when I do the clockwork recovery routine, I get the following message in recovery mode:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to complete the ROM installation process?

thanks very much

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I believe I've successfully rooted my Samsung Fascinate.

However, when I do the clockwork recovery routine, I get the following message in recovery mode:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to complete the ROM installation process?

thanks very much

Have you completed both steps to install CWM? You need to flash it via Odin as well as download/install the update.zip file.

mpmorph

Jul 25, 2009
I think the best way is to download SuperOneClick1.5.5.

I managed to root my wife's Samsung fascinate after it was updated by verizon's OTA push.

Very quick and simple.

Download and install SuperOneClick1.5.5
Install samsung drivers (of course)
Enable USB debugging on your phone
connect phone
Run SuperOneClick1.5.5
Hit Root
Wait until it finishes and your done!!!

Badger51

Mar 6, 2009
Kitchener ON
Google Pixel 4a
Rooting and Flashing....

Thanks to all who contribute to the forum.

After more than a few fits and starts, I've successfully rooted and flashed my Samsung Fascinate.

Friendly folks out there pointed out that I needed Odin to make Clockwork Recovery work on my phone, prior to attempting to flash a ROM

Everything seems to be working well, thanks again

jayjr1105

Feb 17, 2011
Can I root the fascinate like I can root the captivate? I just put the update.zip on the sd card, power off the phone, use 3 button to get to recovery, install update, reboot and I'm rooted. I mean is there an update.zip file I can do this with on the fascinate?

Jmjohnson1717

Oct 4, 2010
I think u may be confusing CWM with rooing. To root follow these instructions. For clockwork mod you will need to use a program called odin also available in these forums.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

ashasaur

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 11, 2007
Florence
www.youtube.com
This is a pretty old development thread, and contains old and outdated information.

At the request of several developers, this thread is now closed.

If you feel that this is in error, please contact me via PM.

Thanks-saur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts