[Q] Win32diskimager- root Color Nook

Search This thread

Red Hood

Jun 6, 2011
I've downloaded and tried various .img for rooting my color nook.
I can not get past the initall step of using win32diskimager to WRITE the file to my Sandisk (I have 2gb & 8 gb). Most of the attempts left me with only a 115 mg format. Not enough room to complete step 2. Last attempt I was on the Autonooter version 2 I think. This attempt only left me with a 39mg.
What is going on. Why isn't the .img able to format larger?

xdp

Nov 30, 2010
I'm having the same problem I think. When I try to write the image it says not enough space on disk. This is a newly formatted 8 GB card and I'm running the program as administrator.

Red Hood

Jun 6, 2011
found out the problem - the formatting is correct - when your asked to copy the next file which is a zip file - only copy it do not unzip file. they should add this note to the notes already online. people like me that are used to getting zip files are use to unzipping them to a specific location. COPY MEANS COPY

Last edited:

riemann73

Jun 13, 2011
I've had the same problem. I'm on W7 and found that the image write has issues on 7 professional. I have too few posts so you need to dechipher this (bugs dot launchpad dot net/win32-image-writer/+bug/786060). So I dl'd the patch and stripped out the QT to make a cmd line version of the tool and still no luck. I tried winimage and it wrote and image but the nook didnt boot up with either a CM7 mod or MN/CW sd. I posted a similar question on this last night. Hopefully we get an answer soon

babyfine24

Jul 26, 2011
Help! how do I fix the size of my sd card then?

I fixed my issues by using the oldest version of WIN32 disk imager (0.1) as well as formatting the card first with SD Card Formatter also make sure to run as administrator. These steps seem to be necessary for win 7 64 bit.

I have the same problem, & wish I would have seen this thread first! How do I fix my SD card back to the 16GB size it was???

Sorry I'm such a noob!! :eek: