Motoactv

Search This thread

Jay4255

Jan 7, 2012
League City, TX
MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.6

Attached is the latest copy of my all-in-one batch script, MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.6

ChangeLog:
v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
- Backup
- Now supports multiple images
- Restore / Flash
- Flash Custom Boot.img
- Implemented Userdata Restore
- Implemented System and Userdata Restore
- Mods
- Install Custom APKs
- Tools
- Remount filesystem as Read/Write
- Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
- Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
- Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
- Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
- Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
- Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
- Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
- Restart MotoACTV
- Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
- Work with SuperOneClick for All-in-one easy to root program
- Market Installer
- Run custom commands
- Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Attachments removed. Newer version posted on Page 22.

Last edited:

Jay4255

Jan 7, 2012
League City, TX
Yes I followed the instructions with Motocast.
I still need to know if I can root the ACTV on my current firmware. Need a dev here please. :)

4.53.50 is not a new firmware update, they all start out with that version. Then as soon as you plug it in and check for an update, there should be a new 4.55.78 version. Upgrade to it and then proceed with the rest of the guide.

MinionOfEckerd

Nov 9, 2007
You guys are really making me want to pick one of these up. Amazon has them for $209 with a free wrist strap. :) What kind of battery life are you guys getting after modding?

Using it as a watch while tracking my steps all day at work plus grocery shopping and fumbling around the house mine was still going strong after 18 hours when I plugged it in as I went to sleep. :D

tineprogramming

Oct 25, 2008
Bangkok
Unfortunately it would have to be repacked as well. If cmw doesn't have a device, he can't work with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I can rooted with the same boot.img and processor ;) it driver problem.what problem you get ? :p

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

like link2sd or app2sd

thank any way :D

cleblanc92

Jun 13, 2007
Will a factory reset restore the original boot.img? If not, anyone have the stock file handy for 4.55.78 that I could get a hold of?

I'd like to have it on file and I did not grab mine before hand.

Jay4255

Jan 7, 2012
League City, TX
It wasn't possible to backup the old boot.img before replacing it with the new one. The new one enables ADB so that it could be rooted. Need to have access to ADB and be rooted in order to make backups.

You can restore the watch, it will still be rooted and have a custom boot.img but nobody will be able to tell it was messed with. To do so, run the following commands
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

Nov 13, 2010
I got rooted and everything ok, but I still want to use the MOTO launcher for day to day things. I installed the honeycomb launcher and the zeam launcher and remapped my Music button to the home button. I installed the launcher2.apk to try and get back to the original Moto Launcher to use on a day to day basis but all it does is force close when I try to select it. How can I get this to be the default launcher and work?

Also, I can't figure out how to get to a normal settings menu to activate wifi. All it does it take me to the original motoactv settings menu.

Jay4255

Jan 7, 2012
League City, TX
When clicking the Launcher2 from the Apps list, all it's going to do is the animated part when you first turn the watch on. Starts in the center, scrolls to the far right, to the far left, back to the center, then it disappears. If you still want to use the Moto apps, Install AnyCut and create shortcuts for them.

To access the Wifi Menu, from the Honeycomb launcher, click on Apps. Then click the 3rd button from the left on the bottom bar. Should show a popup where you can get into wifi settings. I don't use zeam, so I don't know how to access it from there.

Reactions: Sideburns4life
Nov 13, 2010
When clicking the Launcher2 from the Apps list, all it's going to do is the animated part when you first turn the watch on. Starts in the center, scrolls to the far right, to the far left, back to the center, then it disappears. If you still want to use the Moto apps, Install AnyCut and create shortcuts for them.

To access the Wifi Menu, from the Honeycomb launcher, click on Apps. Then click the 3rd button from the left on the bottom bar. Should show a popup where you can get into wifi settings. I don't use zeam, so I don't know how to access it from there.

Ok So I figured out the wifi menu. No problems there. However, when using anycut, there is like 30 applications labeled "Workout." I've tried a few but they all seem to go to a specific workout screen. There is no way to get to the main menu.

Also. I really enjoyed using the clock widget with the handy stopwatch and timer from the original motoactv launcher. Is there any way to use all 3 launchers?

Itslame

Jan 6, 2012
Mililani, Hawaii
I got rooted and everything ok, but I still want to use the MOTO launcher for day to day things. I installed the honeycomb launcher and the zeam launcher and remapped my Music button to the home button. I installed the launcher2.apk to try and get back to the original Moto Launcher to use on a day to day basis but all it does is force close when I try to select it. How can I get this to be the default launcher and work?

Also, I can't figure out how to get to a normal settings menu to activate wifi. All it does it take me to the original motoactv settings menu.

I setup HCL1.8 and then downloaded Button savior to switch launchers. I then reinstalled Launcher2 but it FC on me as well. I found by reflashing the system.img file that the Moto suite was reloaded properly over me configured HCL install (Note: my remapped keys switched back to default and needed to be re-edited). I now have all 3 launchers and full functionality of the original Moto apps.

Reactions: Sideburns4life
Nov 13, 2010
I setup HCL1.8 and then downloaded Button savior to switch launchers. I then reinstalled Launcher2 but it FC on me as well. I found by reflashing the system.img file that the Moto suite was reloaded properly over me configured HCL install (Note: my remapped keys switched back to default and needed to be re-edited). I now have all 3 launchers and full functionality of the original Moto apps.

This actually works great for me to get all the launchers on there. My only problem is getting Button savior to work. It asks for superuser permissions and I have no idea how to accept because you can't scroll down to accept it.

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
This actually works great for me to get all the launchers on there. My only problem is getting Button savior to work. It asks for superuser permissions and I have no idea how to accept because you can't scroll down to accept it.

You have to use the batchtool and remap a button to act as a menu option button... Once you do that then go to the superuser app and press your menu button and click on preferences then where it says automatic response select "ALLOW"

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

pattex123

Jan 7, 2012
Hi,
thanks for all detailed descriptions on tweaking the MotoACTV, I live in germany and just received my device which I bought on ebay in the US :)
I have a few questions since I am a Mac-User and very unfamiliar with the android scene :-(

- Is there a possibility to use the batch under winXP (running in parallels mode on my Mac?)
- or is there even a possibility to perform the complete procedure on a MAc?
- Where do I get the .apk's for installing the apps if I don't have an adroid phone?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Pat

Jay4255

Jan 7, 2012
League City, TX
Hi,
thanks for all detailed descriptions on tweaking the MotoACTV, I live in germany and just received my device which I bought on ebay in the US :)
I have a few questions since I am a Mac-User and very unfamiliar with the android scene :-(

- Is there a possibility to use the batch under winXP (running in parallels mode on my Mac?)
- or is there even a possibility to perform the complete procedure on a MAc?
- Where do I get the .apk's for installing the apps if I don't have an adroid phone?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Pat

Haven't tested it, but my batch should work on a Mac running Parallels with Windows XP or higher. As long as the watch is identified when it is plugged in USB.

If you don't have an Android device, you can download and Install the Android SDK, create a Virtual Android Device with google apps and copy them from the emulator. You can also just google them, there are quite a few 3rd party Android markets out that host individual files for download.

gobow

Jan 11, 2012
Can I use IPhone's 3G connection at MOTOACTV via bluetooth?

I've rooted and installed my personal apks. I'm enjoying rooted MOTOACTV.

But I want to use internet connection outside home. I have IPhone and it's under unlimited 3G data plan.

So I'm finding way to connect MOTOACTV and IPhone by bluetooth(by turning on iphone BT tethering capability), and use iphone's internet connectivity from MOTOACTV's apps.

MOTOACTV has modded setup profile, so I can only find 'smartphone connect' menu, but can't find any other way to do what I want.

Is there any idea you can suggest? THANKS!

Jay4255

Jan 7, 2012
League City, TX
Install AnyCut, it will allow you to access more than just the "limited" settings that comes on the watch. I would think you would have better luck finding a wifi tether for the iPhone than trying to do it over bluetooth.

If you get something working, be sure and post a guide. I'm sure it might help some of our other users.

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
Install AnyCut, it will allow you to access more than just the "limited" settings that comes on the watch. I would think you would have better luck finding a wifi tether for the iPhone than trying to do it over bluetooth.

If you get something working, be sure and post a guide. I'm sure it might help some of our other users.

I confirmed that bluetooth will only find a bluetooth headset. No keyboard, mouse, or phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.