[ROM][4.3][MI7][N900T] EMBRYO ♣ 1.1 ♣ [02-Mar-2014]

Search This thread

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
Wow - this is quite a piece of work here. Had to take it for a spin - no issues to report but wanted to pop in and say holy crap man, this is awesome! The navbar stuff alone... it makes my head hurt. Far better than anything I could ever muddle together that's for sure. Glad you finally got the time to share this - work like this doesn't come around very often, so for that I say - thanks!

Great job man!
Thanks!..You are a rarity among xda community, truly understand the scope of the work that went into this, ah the navbar it took couple of abandoned attempts to get it where it is right now..yes, I had a window of opportunity to get a release done, thanks to all those who wanted me to publish it..so here it is..

Does anybody have a copy or link to the stock kernal? It says access or no such file on the link provided in the o.p. thanks
All the links should be unrestricted..I will try to post it..EDIT: Looks like tinyurl got borked put the real link in..
let me know if it still does not work..

Custom carrier label appeared not to be working
Yes, will create an issue, it was not supposed to be included in this release..must have sneaked in..

Last edited:
Reactions: edt2 and dwitherell

recepo1

May 29, 2010
Philly,PA
Best touchwiz based rom ever everything already implemented...im trying to get viper4android to install keeps saying busybox not installed even after installing doesnt work pls let me know if anyone has luck with it

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
Why Can't we not use xposed? I like muhammeds status bar tint. makes phone look like iphne

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

wcoast

Jul 20, 2011
Los Angeles
Yes, will create an issue, it was not supposed to be included in this release..must have sneaked in..

Overall, great work/tweaks, keep up the good work

jupu5e9u.jpg

u4e2yqaq.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Best touchwiz based rom ever everything already implemented...im trying to get viper4android to install keeps saying busybox not installed even after installing doesnt work pls let me know if anyone has luck with it

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Works fine here

enedatu2.jpg

ydepavur.jpg

va4u6yqu.jpg

py2ugenu.jpg

Reactions: mohan_kr

catchjeff

Dec 21, 2011
Mohan

Loved your work on the S2 and was bummed when you left that phone. glad to see you have Embryo here on the N3. cannot wait to take this beast out for a drive. Your the best and only better things to come with you here.

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
I have CWM, will that be an issue. Thanks in advance :)

As long as you Format /system and Format /data (or wipe data) [ Steps 6/7 ], I have not tested it so cannot tell you, since the install will NEVER do the formatting (got burned too many times before with user error), so you MUST have a clean /system and /data before installing the ROM otherwise you will be hosed if the recovery does not do what you are telling it to do (CWM should do it). Try it, and let me know and I will update the OP.

For users who are on TMO? Is all TMO features working (WiFi calling), I did not debloat them intentionally, except the
obvious ones (they are available as a ZIP in OP). I am on ATT, so it is tuned/optimized for running on ATT, including tethering (which I do a lot), but the my changes should be carrier independent.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamolu

iamolu

Dec 16, 2013
As long as you Format /system and Format /data (or wipe data) [ Steps 6/7 ], I have not tested it so cannot tell you, since the install will NEVER do the formatting (got burned too many times before with user error), so you MUST have a clean /system and /data before installing the ROM otherwise you will be hosed if the recovery does not do what you are telling it to do (CWM should do it). Try it, and let me know and I will update the OP.

For users who are on TMO? Is all TMO features working (WiFi calling), I did not debloat them intentionally, except the
obvious ones (they are available as a ZIP in OP). I am on ATT, so it is tuned/optimized for running on ATT, including tethering (which I do a lot), but the my changes should be carrier independent.

@mohan_kr great work; i am using my tmobile n3 on at&t network, is there a way to remove WiFi calling feature from the rom

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
Mr. Mohan! I'm happy to see Embryo here.
Embryo was long regarded as THE most dependable and stable daily-driver TW ROM for the skyrocket, and that reputation was well deserved. I'm excited to try out the note3 version.

sent from my part of the problem

Reactions: CoogiMane1996

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
HI mohan, thank you for the Rom, just flashed it and seems nice so far. Just a quick bug I might've found. When making a phone call, the proximity sensor works at first when putting the phone up to the ear (screen goes off like it should), but when pulling the phone away, screen stays off, then you manually have to turn it on or off. Not a big deal, just letting you know.

Thanks again!
Glen

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
Tethering is working for me, but it is using my hotspot data.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That is by design, I was debating whether to provide an option to disable it, decided not too. I might in a update,does T-Mobile has a different APN for tethering with entitlement? I basically did it since I am paying for my data and I should be able to use it any way that I want ;) (for ATT).

Last edited:
Reactions: 954wrecker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read the changelog as it will be updated constant before posting.
    * Screenshots: Post #3
    * Download and Installation: Post #2
    * Please do not report issues/enhancements here, use the issue tracker here
    * ChangeLog and Features
    * Absolutely NO XPOSED F/W or Modules supported. This is a daily driver ROM, with deep integration and modification of stock (Samsung) ROM, hence things will break, I assure you!. See FAQ for more detailed explanation as to why I will NOT support it.
    * Do NOT install ChainFire SuperSU, as the ROM has built-in CM/Koush Superuser, which I will manage and update if necessary. (And SuperSU completely messes your system binaries, I have no idea what else is botched hence I will NOT support it).
    * Follow the DEV thread rules, this IS a dev thread, if you cannot give possible debugging information (logcat, proper replication of the scenario) do NOT post here, go to the general thread here (TODO add link).
    * I will only support Stock Kernel (it is included in the DOWNLOADS section), if you are having issues, I would recommend full wipe, flash ROM and flash the STOCK Kernel, reproduce the issue and use my github issue ticketing to report it.ISSUE Reporting Link
    * This is daily driver stock themed ROM, if this is NOT what you are looking for I advice you to STOP and move on to another ROM, save that precious bandwidth.
    * As this is distributed as a TWRP recovery install file, your KNOX is already at 0x1, duh! don't bother wasting a post whether it will trip KNOX or not.
    * Since your KNOX is tripped, removed all KNOX bits does not make any sense.
    * Do not ask for ETA, if and when time permits I will release any updates if there are. Use my github issue ticket tracker for any updates to issues. As I am pretty sure the thread will get derailed (and I will only watch it as time permits), creating an issue ticket is your best bet that it will get my attention.
    * NO DPI changes supported, although it is available in Settings. A lot of MI7 TW apks are not built for multi-dpi and since I don't support xposed, you are on your own.
    * Since the ROM is designed with SELinux Enforcing kernels like Stock Kernel, which also has additional restriction of not allowing adb root. ROM comes built-in with SSH enabled and defaults to root user. You can use the ssh add key in Settings -> Device -> Misc Device Settings to add the key and you can do all the operations untethered :).

In short EMBRYO is your stock/OEM (samsung UVUBMI7 base) ROM, which will have the full support of you hardware (which will be very difficult for any after market ROM to achieve) overlayed with after market (CM/AOKP/SLIM) ROM features as time permits and which fancies my attention :).

Needless to say, this is a extremely difficult task and requires very precise skill,understanding of a lot of moving parts (hence the MUST READ section entries) and a lot of patience (I mean a lot). Also I am a stickler for quality and it will show!.

Absolutely NO PERMISSION is given to post this in any other thread or kanging the work.

In the past I have themed EMBRYO roms, but due to time constraints this does not look like a possibility right now, maybe some time in the future. If any themers are willing to take a crack at it go for it and let me know, I will add the links here.

ChangeLog/Features/FAQ
    They will all be logged here and updated as time permits:
    * ChangeLog and Features
    * FAQ
    * Home Page

02-MAR-2014: EMBRYO-1.1
    * bug fix: StatusBar data icon persistence
    * bug fix: init.d scripts toggles were not taking effect.
    * fix: removed custom carrier label preference.

You are assuming all the risk for flashing this. You have been warned.

* NavBar transparency requires more work, so it will not work.
    * Stock launcher in landscape layout needs fixes when navbar is enabled. I will take any patches :)

- Samsung for the UVUBMI7 base.
    - Koush for Superuser (note: I have built it myself to ensure it works with TW roms)
    - CM/AOKP/Slim aftermarket ROMs for borrowing various settings code and various inspiration
    for adapting Samsung Implementation.
    - Paul for the built-in File Chooser.
    - Ericson for RootTools

XDA:DevDB Information
    EMBRYO-NOTE3, a ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    mohan_kr
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    Based On: TouchWiz - UVUBMI7

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-02-23

Created 2014-02-24
    Last Updated 2014-02-23
    Wow - this is quite a piece of work here. Had to take it for a spin - no issues to report but wanted to pop in and say holy crap man, this is awesome! The navbar stuff alone... it makes my head hurt. Far better than anything I could ever muddle together that's for sure. Glad you finally got the time to share this - work like this doesn't come around very often, so for that I say - thanks!

Great job man!
    Rooting - SELinux Opinion - NB4

Looking for some opinions for Embryo 2.0. I have updated to NB4 BL, obviously no going back to JB or Embryo - 1.x anymore, so bug fixes will be in the blind :)..

Coming to the what I wanted to get opinion on. The new SELinux policies in stock 4.4.2 (NB4), pretty much break "root" applications. I have manually injected policies to make root apps work including shell, since the stock kernel is built with SELinux enforcing without the ability to change the enforcing status at runtime. What I am finding out is to cover the whole gamut of root apps to work the Stock Kernel, would be pretty much mean that I run the Kernel in Permissive mode. I am planning to include the Kernel (compiled from Sammy sources) along with the ROM.
    I will not add any enhancements except maybe sync up to upstream tree...
    Unfortunately, to use the stock kernel would mean spending a significant amount of time, and new security policies (which are automatically set to be downloadable over wifi) will ofcourse break them..

The 4.3 SELinux policies did not have any policy for stream sockets hence I could run the Stock Kernel, but this has been tightened in stock NB4 kernel and things no longer work, without changing the policies or running the kernel in Permissive mode..It will take too much effort right now to split the ROM Customizer to root and non root parts, might do it some day..for now you will have to run the bundled kernel..just a heads up..
    NB4

Now that KK is out. Embryo - 1.x series will only see bug-fixes, I had planned on adding few more features, but it will roll into the KK release (Embryo-2.x). No ETA please, it might be a while to roll everything in. Only bug-fixes for 1.x, unless I find google's decision in KK on dropping some key legacy features (webview comes to mind) problematic.
    update

Yeah I regret updating the bootloader, hence being stuck with 4.4.2, which really for my usage pattern did not really add anything :(. I have the foundation for Embryo 2 done, but I am in the midst of lot of personal and work issue creating a perfect storm, so I am really looking at mid June release (right now)...