(27/Apr/10) i780 Flame MSM WM6.5 CE OS 5.2.23563 OEM PDXIB1

Search This thread

jackwu

Jun 16, 2008
ironeagle

Thank you for your works! I love your roms. I have tried to install Chinese IMEs, but none of them works. All of them have the same problem, virtual keyboard doesn't show up. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks!

optionblue

Aug 21, 2008
Pasig City
www.ambruceli.com
{"SMS shortcut doesnt work with the file in your first post...furthermore, Active Sync push works fine .. will let you know when I played a bit more..

tnx : )

looks awesome.

edit: cannot seem to synchronize with hotmail.. after user/pw it says: sync. failed and I get back to Sign in to Windows Live.
fixed: please set you connections right, for all my internet My ISP Was Set, turned it to VODAFONE WAP and now I can sync.
Have had some strange hangs.. two already, but furthermore it works fine : )}

for accounts using hotmail, try installing windows live first.. then go to email setup to setup your email

ironeagle

Jul 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
{"SMS shortcut doesnt work with the file in your first post...furthermore, Active Sync push works fine .. will let you know when I played a bit more..

tnx : )

looks awesome.

edit: cannot seem to synchronize with hotmail.. after user/pw it says: sync. failed and I get back to Sign in to Windows Live.
fixed: please set you connections right, for all my internet My ISP Was Set, turned it to VODAFONE WAP and now I can sync.
Have had some strange hangs.. two already, but furthermore it works fine : )}

for accounts using hotmail, try installing windows live first.. then go to email setup to setup your email

There should be a file under windows "New SMS.lnk" .. thanks

szanka

Apr 30, 2008
Just disable SMS delivery report.. in SMS/MMS options. I already taken care it in 21928 and 23009 ROMs..

Thanks

but i do want them :) i just don't want them to pop on home screen as an unread message :)

btw, is it normal that when I for instance go to start>settings>personal... >wake up.. or connection or whatever, when I close app or setting, the rom takes me to the home screen not the settings?

Last edited:

ironeagle

Jul 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
but i do want them :) i just don't want them to pop on home screen as an unread message :)

btw, is it normal that when I for instance go to start>settings>personal... >wake up.. or connection or whatever, when I close app or setting, the rom takes me to the home screen not the settings?

yep thats the behaviour of 6.5 .. only build 2192* takes care of it..

l.weglarczyk

Jan 6, 2009
hey! very good firmware...one problem, though, can't save new contacts...anyone know how to do this? cheers!

ultimize

Apr 27, 2004
Bangkok
Thanks for your greatest rom for i780
but I780_LeanCut_WM65_23009_OEM_PDXIB1 rom, i can't change keybord to Resco Keyboard .. could you pls fix this error?

ssr_german

Nov 15, 2007
hello
i have testet the last rom and i cant add ´new contacts :(
the rest is very nice and fast...
ssr

ksameh

Oct 28, 2006
buttons applet missing

in I780_LeanCut_WM65_21928_OEM_PDXIB1 the buttons applet is missing from the control panel and i guess from the rom ..
this rom also does not seems to remember wireless networks after soft reset.

Also all 3 roms occasionally would refuse to start any application and even the windows hardware key would not launch the today screen.
the task manager would even launch by lonk pressing the ok button on the hardware keyboard. power button would not even trun off the machine and has to be reset by battery removal or reset pin.afterwords it works ok again for an hour or so..

no additional software was installed.
My hardware is middle east version which works perfectly with stock DX roms.

Last edited:

jerre122

May 2, 2007
Installed, now trying all the options, runs very smooth...
Will check for batt life and the bluetooth with my gps as handsfree.
If all this works fine, a beer will come your way ;)

jerre122

May 2, 2007
I must be missing something, but how do you lock the device?

Found it, go to menu and then left button is lock, would it be possible to add this on the today screen?

Last edited:

l.weglarczyk

Jan 6, 2009
ok, this rom is quite great with few exeptions...
1st: i'm unable to save new contacts...well...not only me, but some other people said, they can't either
2nd: when the phone is in sleep mode (the screen goes blank, and the device is locked), when someone is calling its allways unknown number, but, after that, when You will see the missed calls list - the number of the person will be there...strange...

don't get me wrong - i love this rom. Stable, fast and - 6.5 branch :) And, the best thing - after a day, with very hevy use of the device (a lots of text messagin, few calls, installing and uninstalling apps and wifi turned on, it's still 70%....hmmm...i wonder if it will last through the night :D
Those was two bugs i've found.
Thanks for this great rom, and looking forward to another one :D

regards!

ElVikin

Mar 17, 2007
Insjön (almost in the forrest)
Like it to

like the rom alot but (always a but) twice has my pone got stuck and it sounds when i push buttons but nothinh happens i have to take out the battery to get it going again.

and one more thing that drives me nuts i want to get my nordich hardware keyboard working and i would love if i could get this rom in swedish....im willing to try out stuff to make it worke i have tried som reg hacks bt when i change some values to 41d (was 409) my keyboard idn't work at all that says me i might be on tot something but i need the right files that work with 41d?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wm7 will not run on i780, anyway Andoid still too fresh but when wm7 appears - end of this year, than Android can be 1st concurrent!

why wont it?

i mean 624mhz isnt too bad at all. soem new phone only have 528 or maybe less
    okay snapdragon is faster but why shouldnt it run on i780?
    yes, I wouldn't ask otherwise. mirage just hangs and when I detach or unplug the phone, mirage wakes up and says : pda not found.
    I will try with a physical windows XP to see if I have more success.

Well, there are two ways to resolve this:

1) Use Windows7 for flashing
    2) Resolve issue with XP Mode

I prefer solution no. 1, but I will explain no. 2, too :)

1) How to use Windows 7 for flashing

Basicaly, it is same as setting Vista. I've personaly did this on 32bit Win7, if you are use 64bit version trick is to install driver which is not WHQL certified.
    Both 32bit and 64bit drivers are attached in this post (ignore that they are named as "XP Driver")

So, this is the procedure:

• Unpack drivers from this post somewhere on your PC
    • Attach i780 to PC
    • (if it is a first time, wait to install drivers)
    • Close Windows Mobile Centar
    • Turn off the phone
    • Turn on phone in Emergency mode (Alt+Enter+Power)
    • (if it is a first time, wait to install drivers)
    • Go to Device Manager
    • Locate "Mobile Device" group, open, locate "Samsung MITs USB Sync"
    • Right click on it, Properties, "Update Driver Software"
    • Choose "Browse my computer for driver software", "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    • Click on "Have a disk", "Browse", find folder with extracted attached driver, choose "wceusbsh", Click "Ok"
    • CLick on "Samsung MITs USB Sync", click on "Next", wait for driver to install, click on "Close"

Now, you are ready for using Mirage on Windows 7 :) You can use standard procedure for flashing.
    This should be done only once, you can flash as many times as you like.

2) Using XP mode in Win7

It seems that driver for i780 that Win7 installs is somehow messing with flashing process, so:

(You should install everythig neccesary for flashing in XP Mode before this: Activesync, regular i780 modem driver)
    • Open XP Mode
    • Start Mirage in XP Mode, open PDA file, start Detect
    • (use Windows 7 for further steps)
    • Turn off phone, Connect i780 to PC
    • Go to Win7 Device Manager
    • Locate "Mobile Device" group, open, locate "Samsung MITs USB Sync"
    • Click on "Unistall"
    • Remove batery from phone, put it back
    • Goto XP Mode, choose "Attach i780" before Win7 installs driver again
    • Mirage should detect your i780 now and start dowloading image to phone

You will have to repeat these steps everytime you use XP Mode for flashing.

Hopefully, this post was helpful to you :)