[ROM] Photon ROM 6.5 (v.2.2) | Standard, UX & Lite | [WWE] | SYS 23153 | Jan 08 2012

Search This thread

prabhat

Hi Prabhat. First of all thanks for all your development and your time and energy:)... using your UX edition with satisfaction. Last days i have some free time and tried to use some WP7 (metro) schemes on topaz. Two of them looks nice but laggy. And here is my question. How hard will be to customize today (home) screen to metro look? I tried TodayXlive
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1087494
with no success. Anyway, it was fast as hell and looks nice. I can understand that with sense running the speed will be not same as with no sense.
Once more thank you
Hi wakerle, Thanks for your feedback. I have not tested that addon... Can you try that theme with the Lite Edition.... I think with Light edition it should work. I will try to give a try if I get some time for sure.

;) hi Prabhat, thanks for your hard work, could we hope in a multilanguage kitchen?
Thank you.
Hi diego1810, You can look here for ready to use kitchen for most of devices and I think the kitchen here is multilingual.

Cheers!!!

Reactions: the1980ar

commrad

Oct 20, 2009
I have not messed with my Pure in a long time and noticed this ROM. Just installed it a few hours ago and all I can say is WOW!!!

UX is nice, my phone is faster, Facebook and YouTube actually work now. Never worked right with original ROM. I can not believe how much faster my GPS picks up signal indoors and my internet speed seems to be at least double what it was.

So far the only thing I've seen I'd add would be the "classic" telephone ring.

Oh yeah, the auto dim screen actually works now too, never did even when the phone was new.

Can't believe how much smoother the phone runs!

Thank you!!!!!!!

wakerle

Sep 13, 2009
Hi wakerle, Thanks for your feedback. I have not tested that addon... Can you try that theme with the Lite Edition.... I think with Light edition it should work. I will try to give a try if I get some time for sure.
Cheers!!!
With Lite Edition we will be missing all the HTC sense apps :) ... weather, htc messaging, etc. - thats why i give up with original TodayXlive ...

Reactions: prabhat

qwilliam

Feb 22, 2009
hi prabhat. just wanted to know if we'll be seeing another version of your rom sometime or if 2.2 will be the final one. i know you're busy and our td2's/pures are a little long in the tooth, so just curious is all. thanks for all your hard work. :)

D

Deleted member 4226035

hi prabhat. just wanted to know if we'll be seeing another version of your rom sometime or if 2.2 will be the final one. i know you're busy and our td2's/pures are a little long in the tooth, so just curious is all. thanks for all your hard work. :)

I had a test ROM couple of weeks ago. Not sure if prabhat will release that, as that has very little changes. Also he was telling he was busy. Lets hope to see new :)

bhavmit

Jun 18, 2009
Any Update

Hi Prabhat,

Are you going to come up with any update on your ROM in near future. I liked your ROM since the day I installed it and it works very smooth.

Ev0luti0n_

Apr 26, 2008
Portugal
OnePlus 8 Pro
I am coming from a Touch HD2, and i am now using a Topaz as my daily device. Tried some roms so far, and loved this one. Big up! only thing i did was add data controler, and 4 icon row on the start menu. Perfect! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Photon ROM 6.5 (v.2.2) | Standard, UX & Lite | [WWE] | SYS 23153 | Jan 08 2012

Photon ROM 6.5 for HTC Touch Diamond 2 (Topaz) devices.
    The Power of Productivity

Version: 6.5.3 (Photon ROM 2.2) | Standard, UX & Lite | Build: 23153 | Jan 08 2012

PhotonHeader.png

Photon ROM 6.5 is modified Official/Stock ROM of HTC Diamond2/Topaz with “Newer Stable Builds” and “Fast UI” which is very close to Stock ROM + No Fancy.
    I have designed this ROM for my own use, but wanted to share this to other friends who like the same "Concept for ROM".

My Concept for ROM: Stable Build + Latest Packages + Fast UI + Good Battery Power + No Fancy!

Current Release

- ROM Version: Photon ROM 6.5 [Ver. 2.2]
    - Release Date: 08-Jan-2012
    - Base ROM: 2.53.405.5.
    - Main OS: CE OS 5.2.23153 (Build 23153.5.3.14).
    - HTC Sense: Manila Core 2.5.2021; Manila Home 2.5.2022.
    - Languages: WWE
    - ROM Editions: Standard, UX, Lite and UX w/o HTC Messaging.
    - Multi-Build: YES (23153 and 29022).

General Features

- Main SYS 23153 | OS: 5.2.23153 (Build 23153.5.3.14)
    - HTC Sense: Manila Core 2.5.2021; Manila Home 2.5.2022.
    - HTC Messaging Client 1.8 with Secure BOX.
    - Longer Battery Life.
    - WiFi settings/wizards with IP
    - WiFi On Demand
    - Latest Connection / Provider Setup DB
    - 3G Phone Canvas (With Video Call and Conference Call)
    - 3G Switch in Communication Manager.
    - Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 Professional.
    - ALL Updated Applications for Windows Mobile 6.5.3.
    - Two way In-call recording (*** See WiKi for more info on Call Recording ***)
    - 4 x 4 Quick Links in Home Page.
    - Default Date for ROM: 01-Jan-2012.

::: Photon ROM Standard Edition:::
    PhotonStandard.png
    Features (Standard Edition)

- Very Close to Stock ROM.
    - No Add-on Applications, Tools, Utility.
    - No Fancy.
    - Stable like Stock ROM.
    - Longer Battery Life.
    - Memory: Storage: 215.28 free | Program: 96.86 Free.
    *** If you disable HTC Sense and enable Titanium UI instead, you will get upto ~110MB of free RAM.

TAB List: Home, People, Messages, Mail, Internet*, Calendar, Stock*, Photos & Videos, Music, Weather, Twitter* and Settings.
    (*) Tabs are existing but are deselected. These can be selected from Settings screen.

Known Issues

*** None AFAIK, please report in the thread if you find any.

Downloads/ROM Updates

Downloads.png

icon2.gif
    Photon ROM 6.5 Standard Edition
    icon2.gif
    Photon ROM 6.5 UX Edition
    icon2.gif
    Photon ROM 6.5 Lite Edition
    icon2.gif
    Get What you want from ROM Update Folder.

Donations
    If you feel my work is worth a donation, please DONATE.

Additional Note
    1) Download the “PhotonROM.6.5(0.0.*.Edition).*.7z” file.
    2) Use 7-ZIP to extract the files.
    3) Use included “CustomRUU.exe” to FLASH the ROM, when your device is connected to PC using Sync application. See Post# 3 for more info.
    You can also use "Advanced ROM Update Utility" for flashing the ROM (Choose Regular RUU Option)
    4) Perform HARD Reset after the FLASH.

Credits
    CRACING for being a very good friend and his excellent support and guide.
    secc123 for his initial guide to Cook ROM for a lame like me.
    mwalt2 for his help to remove RSS Hub from Manila Home.
    Airxtreme for osKitchen.
    OliNex for HARD-SPL.
    XDA-Developers for providing ROM Builds and all help and support.

PS: If you need more "eye candy" and "advance" ROM get it from here (by CRACING).
    Photon ROM 6.5 UX and Lite Editions

Photon ROM UX (User eXperience) Edition
    PhotonUX.png
    The Photon ROM UX edition is built on the same concept as in the Standard ROM, but with extra tweaks and add-on applications to look more professional and Advance.

Features (UX Edition)

- UI with "Windows Embedded Handheld" (Actually 6.5.3 branch belongs to this family)
    - All New Splash Screen
    - All New Taskbar Icons with Battery %
    - All New Photon Lock Screen
    - All New Photon Collection Themes
    - All New Ringtones and SMS Tones
    - Start Menu Organised to be more accessible.
    - Shutdown & Restart Application (Quick access from power button long press)
    - Integrated uTask/Task Manager (Quick access to Windows Mobile Task Manager from Home Screen)
    - Lock Phone from Home Screen - (Using the long press Task Manager softkey)
    - Cookies HomeTab (CHT) based Manila/Sense Home.
    - Removed Titanium Home, as this ROM is CHT based.
    - Quick List enabled by default for long press END key.
    - Tweaks for fast response with same battery life as in Standard Rom.
    - Memory: Storage: 217.27 Free | Program: 83.38 Free.
    - UX Edition W/O HTC Messaging also available.

Known Issues

Downloads/ROM Updates

Downloads.png

icon2.gif
    icon2.gif
    Photon ROM 6.5 UX Edition W/O HTC Messaging
    icon2.gif

Donations

::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: ::: :::​

Photon ROM Lite Edition
    PhotonLite.png
    The Photon ROM Lite edition is built on the same concept of the Standard edition ROM but without HTC Sense/Manila, Without HTC Messaging and like Core Windows Mobile for speed and stability.

Features (Lite Edition)

- No HTC Sense / Manila.
    - Titanium Home as Home Screen.
    - Default WM Phone Dialer.
    - Default WM Lock Screen.
    - Default WM Messaging.
    - Features Photon "AS-YOU-LIKE" Lite Edition. (Now customize how you want :))
    - Memory: 221.93 Free | Program: 110.25 Free.

Known Issues

Downloads/ROM Updates

Downloads.png

icon2.gif
    icon2.gif

Donations
    Flashing Details | Additional Applications | User Signature Banner | Acronyms | FAQs

icon4.gif
    Flashing Details

Warning!!!
    • This ROM Upgrade is for HTC Touch Diamond2/Topaz device family. Check WiKi to know more about the Device.
    • DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM to OTHER DEVICES.
    • This ROM was made for testing and educational purposes. It is not intended for commercial use.
    • By flashing this ROM may cause void of warranty of your device.

Flashing Prerequisite
    • Make sure your Topaz is CID unlocked; HardSPL (at least HSPL 1.83 is required). Details...
    • Radio 4.49.25.91 or newer is recommended. (Download | Info)
    • Make sure you backup all your data (Contacts, Messages, Task, and Calendar) from device before flash, as Flashing will completely wipe your device.
    • You can use Microsoft Outlook for ALL Backups except SMS and Call Logs. This is the BEST approach for data Sync.
    • For SMS and Call Logs you can use PIMBackup [Note: This is only backup and restore application and cannot be used for data Sync] (Download | Info)
    • You can temporary disable your Antivirus Program on your PC if you are flashing from PC.
    • Perform HARD Reset after FLASH.

icon3.gif
    Additional Recommended Applications
    • PIM Backup [PIM backup/Restore] (Download 1 | Download 2 | Info)
    • .NET Framework 3.7 (Download).
    • Total Commander [File Manager and Registry editor] (Info & Download)
    • ArkSwitch [Task Manager] for Standard & Lite Editions (Download | Info)
    • Opera Browser 10. (Download | Info)

*** Opera Browser 10 does not support hardware zoom bar. Also installing Opera 10 will not upgrade Opera 9.x, instead this will be side-by-side install.
      *** You can install another 9.x CAB [Download] so that Opera 9.x can be listed in remove program and can be removed before installing Opera 10. This will ensure your device will have ONLY ONE Opera Browser :).​
    • Get ALL Additional Tools from Folder.

icon3.gif
    Signature Banner for ROM Users
    Use this banner in your Signature if you like my ROM and want to show your likeness?

PhotonUserSign.png

HTML:
    [IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1592535/PhotonUserSign.png[/IMG]
    PhotonUserSign01.png

HTML:
    [IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1592535/PhotonUserSign01.png[/IMG]

icon3.gif
    Acronyms
    Extracted from WiKi for Easy Reference.
    • CID Lock (aka vendor lock): put on your device by the manufacturer to prevent installation of a ROM not released by them.
    • HardSPL: This modified bootloader allows a much safer flashing process to take place since it reduces the chance of permanently bricking your device. It also removes the need to CID Unlock the device since it ALWAYS reports SuperCID when flashing. See the official thread for more info.
    • Hard Reset: Similar to a soft reset, by performing a hard reset you completely wipe your device and restore it to the position it was in when you first turned the device on after it was purchased or after a new ROM is flashed.
    • Radio: The radio stack is responsible for the phone functionality of the device. This includes GPRS, GSM, UMTS, and GPS operations as well as camera functionality. The version you use depends on who your carrier is as users have reported versions working better on one carrier than the other. The wiki pages contain the latest versions available to download and install.
    • ROM: The ROM holds the Operating system and other components such as the bluetooth and wifi stacks. The ROM is accompanied by the Radio, Ext_ROM, SPL and IPL. Carriers such as T-mobile or Vodaphone taylor the ROM to their specifications and version numbers do not carry the same meaning across different carriers. IF the carrier you use supports the device well they will usually release regular ROM updates.
    • RUU - ROM Upgrade Utility: It’s the s/w used on your PC to do a ROM upgrade for your PPC;
    • IPL - Initial Program Loader: It’s the bootloader for PPC. It boots up SPL;
    • SPL - Secondary Program Loader: Loads the actual OS;
    • SSPL: SSPL is a modified bootloader which is loaded into RAM when run, this allows us to overwrite any aspect of the ROM, Radio or Bootloader far easier than using mtty.
    Photon ROM 6.5 Release (v.2.1) | 15 Oct 2011

::: Photon ROM 6.5 - ver. 2.1 Release :::

Note:
    - The Standard ROM is the base and Original Photon ROM for Diamond2.
    - The UX Edition (User eXperience) of the ROM is having ALL same SYS and Features like Standard ROM, but with extra tweaks and add-on applications and is CHT (Cookies Home Tab) Based Home.
    - UX edition has NO more Titanium Home, as this ROM is CHT based.
    - The Lite edition ROM is having ALL same SYS and Features like Standard ROM, but without Manila/Sense.

Downloads/ROM Updates:
    icon2.gif
    icon2.gif
    icon2.gif
    icon2.gif

What is New (General/ALL Editions):
    - Updated ROM to use SYS 23153.
    - This SYS has default "Windows Embedded Handheld" in Welcome and About dialog.
    - Updated Menu Enhancement related packages.
    - Updated Several Packages to be more compatible with Windows Mobile Professional 6.5.3.
    - Few important package(s) from the list are:
    • Advanced Network
    • Appointment Editor
    • Audio Booster
    • CM Internet Sharing
    • CM Phone
    • CM Call Forwarding
    • CM Call Waiting
    • Contact Picker
    • Contact Utility Engine
    • Email Setup Wizard
    • Group Editor
    • HTC Application
    • HTC Message
    • HTC Messaging Client
    • IE6 Enhancement
    • Menu Enhancement
    • Message Enhancement
    • New Contact Card
    • Quick GPS
    • RSS Hub
    • Sensor SDK
    • Social Networks Engine
    • Voice Recorder

What is New (UX Edition):
    - Enabled Lock Screen Selection from Settings.
    - Updated Photon ROM Collection Wallpapers.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed the Menu display that was having a white line gap.

Also added new Signature Banner for ROM users.
    Hope you will enjoy using this ROM.

Cheers!!!
    Photon ROM 6.5 Release (v.2.2) | 08 Jan 2012

::: Photon ROM 6.5 - ver. 2.2 Release :::

Note:
    - The Standard ROM is the base and Original Photon ROM for Diamond2.
    - The UX Edition (User eXperience) of the ROM is having ALL same SYS and Features like Standard ROM, but with extra tweaks and add-on applications and is CHT (Cookies Home Tab) Based Home.
    - UX edition has NO more Titanium Home, as this ROM is CHT based.
    - The Lite edition ROM is having ALL same SYS and Features like Standard ROM, but without Manila/Sense.

Downloads/ROM Updates:
    icon2.gif
    icon2.gif
    icon2.gif
    icon2.gif

What is New (General/ALL Editions):
    - Primary ROM Update using SYS 23153.
    - Also Including ROM Updates of SYS 29022.
    - ROM Default Date is now: 01/01/2012.
    - IE Tweak to Disable Auto Font Resize.

What is New (Standard Edition):
    - Added missed HTC Message Shortcut in Start Menu
    - Removed duplicate Peep Link.
    - HTC Peep link will automatically added/removed when Peep TAB is Enabled/Disabled now.

What is New (UX Edition):
    - Removed FULL Kernel Mode. Using same nk.exe as in Standard ROM now.
    - Original/Unmodified About Dialog in ROM - AS SYS 23153 has inbuilt "Windows Embedded Handheld".
    - Added Security Certs from HTC and SDKCerts from M$.
    - .NET Configuration is now in ROM. Shortcut included inside "Utility" folder. (More Info)
    - Battery Icon replaced in Taskbar - Hopefully getting better battery life. Also % can be seen clearly inside Circle Battery Icon.
    - HTC Message shortcut added in "Outlook (PIM)" folder.
    - Changed Lock Screen Package.
    - Now UX Edition include Customized Photon Lock Screen.

What is New (Lite Edition):
    - Removed Menu Enhancement Package. As this is not needed for Lite Edition. Performance Improved.

Bug Fixes:
    - Not significant.

Hope you will enjoy using this ROM.

Cheers!!!