[THEME] HTC HD Mini theme (WVGA/VGA)

Search This thread

joshoon

Oct 31, 2009
The Netherlands
www.djjoshoon.com
Heyz,

I was looking for a HTC HD Mini theme for my HTC Touch Diamond 2, and I couldn't find it anywhere!
So I desided to find out how I could make a Windows Mobile theme, and I just made my first theme, a HTC HD Mini theme for Windows Mobile!

I took all the information from photo's and firstlook videos of the HTC HD Mini, with help of the pictures and videos I was able to make this theme.
This theme changes the top and bottombar and some other buttons in Windows Mobile into the ones of the HTC HD Mini.

If you want to remove the startbutton too (So you have only 2 buttons in like homescreen) you have to make this registry edit:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\BubbleTiles]
"TextModeEnabled"=dword:1
"HardwareStartKeyEnabled"=dword:1
"HardwareDoneKeyEnabled"=dword:1
(ALSO A CAB AVAILABLE FOR THIS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST CALLED 'JOSHOON - HD MINI BOTTOMBAR BUTTONS'. SOFTRESET IS REQUIRED!)
I didnt used this myself, because I think the startbutton is quite usefull in my opinion.

(The second one shows how the button looks like when you push it, exacly like in the real HD Mini)

Tell me what you think.
Enjoy it, and take care!
Greetz,
Joshoon

-------------------------------------------------------------

1.2 UPDATE CHANGE LOG
- Fixed the white line in top-taskbar

1.4 UPDATE CHANGE LOG
- Bottombar has a little graphical changes, not very noticable.

How to install the update
If you have a previous version of the theme installed, then unistall that one first.
Then soft reset your device, and then install the new one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[THEME] HTC HD Mini theme (VGA/WVGA)[Updated version by Jeffrey2000]

theme.jpg

I've changed the theme previously created by Joshoon & Amarullz (@XDA).
Since he has another phone he's not updating his theme anymore so I asked if I could do this...
Well here's a newer HD Mini WVGA theme, it also contains the newer (hd mini) button layout (which means no start/close button, see my previous topic here) and this might need a reboot.
This updated theme is created to be dark gray so it'll save ur battery life + to reduce possible burned-in color/pixels (this seems to happen with white colors on an amoled screen).

The theme will work on WVGA (800x480) and vga (640x480)...

Screen08.png
Screen03.png

Screen04.png
Screen01.png

NOTE: Be carefull cz this theme will change ur button layout, just ask me if you want the same theme without this layout and i'll upload it aswell but as this is my own personal theme I left it like this. If you dun want this theme or the butlon layout you can simply uninstall it and reboot and it'll be ok again!!!!

Example of the possible button layout (Graphics will be different this is just an example of the current button layout possibilities) see also this topic.
1: no button's like hd mini
2: normal (with start and close button) wm6.5.3
3: no start button but has close button
Screen00.png

UPDATED at 21-8-2010 11:30:
I've made a mistake yesterday (yeh it was late) so uploaded the wrong file... here are the right ones, I've made a dark and white version so choose what you like.

UPDATED at 04-10-2010 12:41:
v1.7 contains a fix for the softkey message bar (toast).

Attachments

• Joshoon-HD-Mini-Theme-v1.4.cab
    230.1 KB · Views: 2,701
  • HTC_HD_Mini_Theme_v1.7_black.cab
    563 KB · Views: 1,861
Last edited:

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
Thanks dude. Maybe a few SS showing what the highlight (selection item) looks like and the scrollbars would help other visualize it better before installing. Either way, good stuff.

santino405

Jan 9, 2007
This is a great theme, one problem i've found though is the highlight color of the theme is blue. You can see this by opening up the default windows picture viewer. Another issue is that when a button is disabled it appears to have a blueish tint to it and doesn't go well with the rest of the theme. other than that this is great and is exactly what i was looking for running a 6.5.x theme and sense.

joshoon

Oct 31, 2009
The Netherlands
www.djjoshoon.com
This is a great theme, one problem i've found though is the highlight color of the theme is blue. You can see this by opening up the default windows picture viewer. Another issue is that when a button is disabled it appears to have a blueish tint to it and doesn't go well with the rest of the theme. other than that this is great and is exactly what i was looking for running a 6.5.x theme and sense.

Yes I know about the blue stuff, because that's still a standard theme, I didnt found out yet how to edit .tsk files, but I will found out as soon as possible, and then I will change the blue color to a different color that fits =)

Anyways, thanks for the good comment :D

joshoon

Oct 31, 2009
The Netherlands
www.djjoshoon.com

Hmm, I tried to find a software to edit the .tsk fille, but no succes, I can´t find a right one.

santino405

Jan 9, 2007
Hmm, I tried to find a software to edit the .tsk fille, but no succes, I can´t find a right one.

I've opened the tsk by changing the file extension into a cab, then opened up the cab and edited the right files to change the highlight color, but i can't seem to figure out how to package it back into a cab :confused:

hazeline

Mar 2, 2008
Singapore
Just a little feedback

Hi, i like the design of your theme, however i am not sure whether a white line floating between the topbar and the today plugin is your design or alignment problem. I have boxed it in red.

21kvuoy.jpg

joshoon

Oct 31, 2009
The Netherlands
www.djjoshoon.com
Hi, i like the design of your theme, however i am not sure whether a white line floating between the topbar and the today plugin is your design or alignment problem. I have boxed it in red.

21kvuoy.jpg

Yea I did that line with upset actually, because the bottombar has one also, but that isn't so much visible.

When you are in homescreen with Sense, you dont even see it :p

Anyways... I will delete it soon in a update, update will come in few hours/minits :D

(Highlights arent fixed yet in coming update)