What went wrong? **FIXED!! WOOHOOOO!!!!**

Search This thread

quickbird144

Mar 9, 2010
Not sure what happened here. But basically took a totally stock US ATT Unlocked streak and tried upgrading to the Gingerbread 2.3.3 version. Upon doing this, everything flashed correctly but I was stuck at the Dell screen-15 minutes. Pulled the battery and same thing, pulled it again and it actually started loading up. It loaded up and immediately force closes a bunch of things. Tried flashing it again with no luck. Tried flashing the latest ATT recovery with update.pkg and again, stuck at Dell screen. However if I flash CWM and load a custom ROM, it will load into the ROM but immediately force closes everything and it also isn't reading my SIM card. What the heck did I do?! Please help :(

Last edited:

quickbird144

Mar 9, 2010
Sorry guys. Initially. I installed the fast-boot drivers, got the phone in fast-boot mode and recognized by the PC. Gather the correct files and flashed the 407 recovery, rebooted and then flashed the update.pkg through the stock recovery manager.

After this failed. I flashed CWM. Wiped it totally and then tried two different custom roms and also installed the amss and dsp1 and still both would instantly start force closing.

I'm a desperate move I did QDL last night and everything was successful, however I attempt to install the latest stock recovery and update.pkg and I'm still getting stuck at the Dell logo.

kurdo_kolene

Nov 20, 2011
flash the 360 recovery in fastboot mode, reboot into recovery mode and install the 407 update.pkg. After it is installed do a factory reset.

Reactions: quickbird144

quickbird144

Mar 9, 2010
That method isn't working. I flash the 360 recovery in fast boot and loaded the 407 update to the SD card and renamed it. Upon flashing the update I get a "error in SD card \SDcard\update.pkg.dec"

Do I need to add that extension or what's going on here? I'm using the files provided on the Dell Wiki Rom list btw.

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
That method isn't working. I flash the 360 recovery in fast boot and loaded the 407 update to the SD card and renamed it. Upon flashing the update I get a "error in SD card \SDcard\update.pkg.dec"

Do I need to add that extension or what's going on here? I'm using the files provided on the Dell Wiki Rom list btw.

On the wiki page there is also a link for hashes. Click on it and compare the hashes listed with the hash for the file on your local computer. If you have a bad DL the hash will not match.

If the hash matches then try using the 407 recovery, instead of the 360.

Also see this post in case you are coming from 347. I guess that there are issues updating from BB 347.

The easiest way to generate a hash for files in Windows (IMO) is to use the HashCheck shell extension. You right click on a file in Windows Explorer, select properties, and then a tab to view the hashes for a file.

quickbird144

Mar 9, 2010
On the wiki page there is also a link for hashes. Click on it and compare the hashes listed with the hash for the file on your local computer. If you have a bad DL the hash will not match.

Also see this post in case you are coming from 347. I guess that there are issues updating from BB 347.

The easiest way to generate a hash for files in Windows (IMO) is to use the HashCheck shell extension. You right click on a file in Windows Explorer, select properties, and then a tab to view the hashes for a file.

I've followed everything you just said. I've checked hash files and all are matching. However when you talk about 347, I QDL'd and it put the recovery back to 305 unlocked.

I try to update viaSD card immediately after but it says it can't find the update blah blah. So from 305, I want to flash the appropriate recovery either 360 or 407 and install the 407-update.pkg correct? Then after it reboots from there, do a factory reset? I feel as if I'm very close, just gotta find the right tunnel. I do greatly appreciate all of the help thus far!

Last edited:

quickbird144

Mar 9, 2010
Here's a little update to bring everyone where I'm at.

I QDL and then flashed the 407 recovery. Grab the 407 update, rename it and put it on the SD. I flash via update from SD card, everything goes by. It reboots and I'm still stuck at the Dell logo.

After about 15 minutes of this, I pull the battery and then it goes to "Start recovery copy" and then reboots. Then brings me BACK to flashing the stock recovery but this time wants me to flash the 305 recovery??

Last edited:

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
I've followed everything you just said. I've checked hash files and all are matching. However when you talk about 347, I QDL'd and it put the recovery back to 305 unlocked.

I try to update viaSD card immediately after but it says it can't find the update blah blah. So from 305, I want to flash the appropriate recovery either 360 or 407 and install the 407-update.pkg correct? Then after it reboots from there, do a factory reset? I feel as if I'm very close, just gotta find the right tunnel. I do greatly appreciate all of the help thus far!

If you flashed back to 305 with the QDLTool and can get to fastboot I suggest:

Put the rom file on your SD Card. Make sure it is named update.pkg.

Use fastboot to flash the recovery that matches the ROM, in this case the 407 recovery

use fastboot reboot from the command line to reboot the phone and hold down both volume buttons as it reboots to go directly to the 407 recovery you just flashed. Do not let the phone boot normally or you will have to start over.

Now select the second option to update to 407.

This will wipe all settings, apps, ect., from the phone.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

I believe that we cross posted. If you have done the steps in my previous post and are still stuck when you flash the 407 recovery also flash the dsp1.mbn and amss.mbn files for 407 then reboot immediately to recovery and do the update.

quickbird144

Mar 9, 2010
The phone is pretty much dead now so I'm going to let it charge before I give it another go.

But I believe my problem is dsp1 and the amss files. That's one step that I have not done yet. I think I'm going to QDL again and from there do as you stated.

I did have one question though. My phone was factory unlocked, through all this, is that unlock gone?

Thanks again and I will report back with the results!

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
. . .

I did have one question though. My phone was factory unlocked, through all this, is that unlock gone?

. . .

From what I have read flashing a ROM does not effect the unlock status. I also have an unlocked Streak but have never used it with any other carrier except AT&T so I can not comment from personal experience.

quickbird144

Mar 9, 2010
FIXED!!!

I'm back in business!!!

I used the QDL streakflash then the QDL repair tool. Didn't feel like messing around with all those update.pkg's and stupid recoveries so I just flashed CWM recovery, flashed the basebands for Ginger Streak 2.4.4 and it's back up and running!!!!

THANKS A LOT to everyone that helped. I've lost tons of sleep over this and have been up all night trying to get this right and it all paid off. I'm happy :)

Reactions: mokokawi

nedinoval

Feb 11, 2013
I'm back in business!!!

I used the QDL streakflash then the QDL repair tool. Didn't feel like messing around with all those update.pkg's and stupid recoveries so I just flashed CWM recovery, flashed the basebands for Ginger Streak 2.4.4 and it's back up and running!!!!

THANKS A LOT to everyone that helped. I've lost tons of sleep over this and have been up all night trying to get this right and it all paid off. I'm happy :)

congratulation!!! somehow i just can"t go back to stock rom :(

Reactions: mokokawi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you done a wipe of the dalvik cache and a factory reset? Skipping those two are the most common cause of FC's.
    Try the recovery from 360.
    flash the 360 recovery in fastboot mode, reboot into recovery mode and install the 407 update.pkg. After it is installed do a factory reset.

If you flashed back to 305 with the QDLTool and can get to fastboot I suggest:

Put the rom file on your SD Card. Make sure it is named update.pkg.

Use fastboot to flash the recovery that matches the ROM, in this case the 407 recovery

use fastboot reboot from the command line to reboot the phone and hold down both volume buttons as it reboots to go directly to the 407 recovery you just flashed. Do not let the phone boot normally or you will have to start over.

Now select the second option to update to 407.

This will wipe all settings, apps, ect., from the phone.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

I believe that we cross posted. If you have done the steps in my previous post and are still stuck when you flash the 407 recovery also flash the dsp1.mbn and amss.mbn files for 407 then reboot immediately to recovery and do the update.