TF300t constantly booting into recovery

Search This thread

tjk639

Jul 14, 2010
Lansing
I have a TF300t that I have been doing custom ROMs on for over a year now. Not to long ago it messed up and I ended up doing a ADB side load of the the current software from ASUS to recover it. I wanted to try CM11 so I followed the directions to get the right version of TWRP installed. I noticed that it was really slow at stuff like wiping cache and dalvik, so I decided to reflash TWRP through ADB instead of a zip file.

All went well and I got into android and went into TWRP to see if everything went okay. I'm in TWRP, but I cannot do anything. Only system will mount and it says I am not rooted and wants to install supersu. If I reboot or power off it just goes back into recovery. Doing the power + vol down will not get me into the bootloader and will instead just power cycle at the ASUS logo.

Any idea on how to fix this, or did I just royally brick my tablet?

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I have a TF300t that I have been doing custom ROMs on for over a year now. Not to long ago it messed up and I ended up doing a ADB side load of the the current software from ASUS to recover it. I wanted to try CM11 so I followed the directions to get the right version of TWRP installed. I noticed that it was really slow at stuff like wiping cache and dalvik, so I decided to reflash TWRP through ADB instead of a zip file.

All went well and I got into android and went into TWRP to see if everything went okay. I'm in TWRP, but I cannot do anything. Only system will mount and it says I am not rooted and wants to install supersu. If I reboot or power off it just goes back into recovery. Doing the power + vol down will not get me into the bootloader and will instead just power cycle at the ASUS logo.

When you first reboot back into TWRP, try running fastboot commands. You may be able to reflash your recovery, or follow Buster's recovery method from there on.

Reactions: tjk639

tjk639

Jul 14, 2010
Lansing
When you first reboot back into TWRP, try running fastboot commands. You may be able to reflash your recovery, or follow Buster's recovery method from there on.

I just get stuck at waiting for device. Is there a section I am supposed to be in? Or do I do it from the home screen for twrp? I checked device manager and it does have Transformer listed in other devices.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I just get stuck at waiting for device. Is there a section I am supposed to be in? Or do I do it from the home screen for twrp? I checked device manager and it does have Transformer listed in other devices.

Use the reset pin on the SD card side and then reboot back into TWRP and try with "fastboot devices"

tjk639

Jul 14, 2010
Lansing
As in the command:

Code:
fastboot devices

Else you could try:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
from the ADB in TWRP and then try fastboot commands.

It's not finding anything and ADB sideload fails. I'm doing the fastboot commands from the fastboot folder I have been using with other fastboot stuff for the TF300.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
It's not finding anything and ADB sideload fails. I'm doing the fastboot commands from the fastboot folder I have been using with other fastboot stuff for the TF300.

hmm idk. Im guessing you flashed the wrong version of TWRP, which has ended up in a brick for most users, but they had fastboot access and could later recover it using this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44244313&postcount=12. You dont seem to have either ADB or fastboot, and TWRP is in a non working state. You could try reinstalling your fastboot and ADB drivers with the universal naked drivers, and then retrying ADB reboot bootloader and fastboot.

tjk639

Jul 14, 2010
Lansing
All fixed!

Here is what I did.

1.) Installed naked drivers following the guide at the link provided above. This allowed me to get into the bootloader, but I was unable to successfully flash anything.
2.) So, I followed this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44244313&postcount=12

Probably lost all my user data, but worth it for a working tablet.

HUGE thanks to cmendonc2 for the help and ultimately leading me to the correct solution.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
All fixed!

Here is what I did.

1.) Installed naked drivers following the guide at the link provided above. This allowed me to get into the bootloader, but I was unable to successfully flash anything.
2.) So, I followed this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44244313&postcount=12

Probably lost all my user data, but worth it for a working tablet.

HUGE thanks to cmendonc2 for the help and ultimately leading me to the correct solution.

No problem, glad I could help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Use the reset pin on the SD card side and then reboot back into TWRP and try with "fastboot devices"
    Where do I find "fastboot devices"?

As in the command:

Code:
    fastboot devices

Else you could try:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    from the ADB in TWRP and then try fastboot commands.

hmm idk. Im guessing you flashed the wrong version of TWRP, which has ended up in a brick for most users, but they had fastboot access and could later recover it using this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44244313&postcount=12. You dont seem to have either ADB or fastboot, and TWRP is in a non working state. You could try reinstalling your fastboot and ADB drivers with the universal naked drivers, and then retrying ADB reboot bootloader and fastboot.