[Q] GT-I9000, failed rooting, how to get back to 2.3.6?

Search This thread

VeijoRiski

Jun 21, 2014
Hello all!

I am a really n00b with rooting and cutom ROMs and I wanted to try this with my old Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000) phone. Of course it failed and I managed to brick my phone but after lot of searching and trying I managed to unbrick it :) After this process I ended up with version 2.2.1 and I would like to know how to get back to version 2.3.6.

This is what I have done so far.

1) I updated my I9000 to version 2.3.6 using Kies.

2) I rooted my phone with CWM but I think that I used too recent version of Odin and got to bootloop.

3) After many tries and scouring the web for information I managed to unbrick my phone.

4) Unbricking ended up my phone being of version 2.2.1.

5) After some tries I managed to connect my phone to Kies again as I wanted to get my phone back to version 2.3.6 but Kies said that my phone was already up to date.

Now I don't know how to proceed.

I wanted to get back to 2.3.6 preferably with stock ROM as I read that after that it is much less risky to proceed to version 4+ than if I tried to do it straight from version 2.2.1.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hello all!

I am a really n00b with rooting and cutom ROMs and I wanted to try this with my old Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000) phone. Of course it failed and I managed to brick my phone but after lot of searching and trying I managed to unbrick it :) After this process I ended up with version 2.2.1 and I would like to know how to get back to version 2.3.6.

2) I rooted my phone with CWM but I think that I used too recent version of Odin and got to bootloop.

3) After many tries and scouring the web for information I managed to unbrick my phone.

5) After some tries I managed to connect my phone to Kies again as I wanted to get my phone back to version 2.3.6 but Kies said that my phone was already up to date.

I wanted to get back to 2.3.6 preferably with stock ROM as I read that after that it is much less risky to proceed to version 4+ than if I tried to do it straight from version 2.2.1.

Just need to find the file for 2.3.6 for your phone and region and presumably just like you did for 2.2.1. Use Odin 1.85 and put the firmware file that is in .tar or tar.md5 format into the PDA slot.

You can go here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and search for your phone and download the appropriate file. There might be a quicker download mirror in the XDA forum for your phone.

Reactions: VeijoRiski

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!

Just need to find the file for 2.3.6 for your phone and region and presumably just like you did for 2.2.1. Use Odin 1.85 and put the firmware file that is in .tar or tar.md5 format into the PDA slot.

You can go here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and search for your phone and download the appropriate file. There might be a quicker download mirror in the XDA forum for your phone.