[Q] Galaxy Note touch doesn't work

Search This thread

Li.Karu

Jul 1, 2014
www.deelii.net
Hi,

I’m using Samsung Galaxy Note 8.1 device. These days I’m facing a wired issue. Sometimes touch screen doesn’t work. I list down the symptoms of the issue below.

• Sometimes touch screen doesn’t work, but styles works fine.
  • When I lock the device, unlock then touch works again for few seconds and fails.
  • Lock – unlock few times then touch works again.

Model: GT-N5120
Android version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: N5120DXCMG7

Please help me to resolve this frustrating issue.

Cheers
Karu.

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Hi,

I’m using Samsung Galaxy Note 8.1 device. These days I’m facing a wired issue. Sometimes touch screen doesn’t work. I list down the symptoms of the issue below.

• When I lock the device, unlock then touch works again for few seconds and fails.

Cheers
Karu.

Are you on a stock rom or custom? Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if it fixes the issue? If you are unrooted/stock have you tried asking Samsung about the issue? Read in other forums that draining the battery on the tablet until dead and then letting it charge to 100% without turning it on or using it fixes some touch issues but no idea if this works.

If all else fails might want to think about upgrading to the official 4.4.2 release (if there is one for the 5120 but assuming there is) and see if the issue still exists.

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Hi,

Cheers
Karu.

It could be that the tablet is not detecting the Spen properly... as if your case or screen protector is doing something odd.

I run Xposed Framework... even though it works well, I find bugs with its plug ins... so every once in a while I disable xposed to fix an issue in the settings by toggling the parameter for the troubled function and enabling framework before rebooting.

Li.Karu

Jul 1, 2014
www.deelii.net
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not using any custom ROM. I'll try with Samsung corp. Meantime if anyone knows a solution or a workaround then much more appreciated.

Cheers,
Karu.