Search This thread

xtr3m3

Jan 29, 2007
Midlands, UK
www.diligentnewb.co.uk
I no longer have this phone! :(
---

** Debloater for KitKat **

I decided to create a Debloater script for those that want a clean system.
I've used bits from NoMoto - Stock ROM Debloat Scripts (Moto G) by lost101

As with my previous debloater for JB, I've kept the stock launcher (and circle widget + weather).

Steps:
  1. Prepare/flash your preferred KitKat Stock ROM
  2. Flash + Boot into latest TWRP recovery
  3. Flash Moto Razr i XT890 KitKat Debloater - v0.1.zip (attached below)
  4. Flash the latest SuperSU (CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP)
  5. Reboot.

What you should end up with after rebooting:

Have fun!

Last edited:

xtr3m3

Jan 29, 2007
Midlands, UK
www.diligentnewb.co.uk
---

** Debloater for JB & ICS Stock ROMs **

This debloater was created using scripts from arman68's infiniROM Debloater v2 and bits from Motorola launcher remover v2.
I've also used a few bits & bobs from Razri-Cleaner v0.7, by GalaxyUser.

Steps:
  1. Prepare your preferred JB Stock ROM to flash using RSD Lite (See here and here)
  2. Boot into fastboot and flash custom recovery - I use the latest TWRP
  3. Make a backup of the untouched stock ROM (so you don't have to keep using RSD Lite)
  4. Flash Razr i [XT890] - Stock Lite 4.1.2.zip (attached in first post)
  5. Flash the latest SuperSU (CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP)
  6. Reboot.

What you will end up with after rebooting:

Enjoy. :good:

~

Note:
This works with Omar's ROM. :good:

This will also work for ICS. If you're using the Xposed Framework, you will get a Segmentation Fault upon installing the framework - You will need this.

~

I decided it would be best to keep the stock launcher (and circle widget + weather).
They can be disabled if you're using another launcher. If you disable gallery, you will need to install an alternative.
The following are safe to freeze/disable:

Last edited:

Azurael

Jan 3, 2008
Bath
Does anybody know what the full dependencies of the Google Now Launcher are? For some reason after stripping the BR 4.4 ROM with this script, I can't get it to run after installing the dependencies it makes you install and tells you you're missing (e.g. Play Services, Google Search, Voice Search, etc). It just brings up the message about setting the default launcher by clearing the defaults for Moto home if you try to launch it.

I've got close enough I can almost convince myself it's real AOSP now just by freezing most of the Moto stuff (aside from that damn H/3G indicator in the status bar), but it'd be nice to have a 'one shot' solution like this if I have to wipe again.

Last edited:

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
Does anybody know what the full dependencies of the Google Now Launcher are? For some reason after stripping the BR 4.4 ROM with this script, I can't get it to run after installing the dependencies it makes you install and tells you you're missing (e.g. Play Services, Google Search, Voice Search, etc). It just brings up the message about setting the default launcher by clearing the defaults for Moto home if you try to launch it.

I've got close enough I can almost convince myself it's real AOSP now just by freezing most of the Moto stuff (aside from that damn H/3G indicator in the status bar), but it'd be nice to have a 'one shot' solution like this if I have to wipe again.

I'm in the same situation with my moto g after running the debloat script from lost101. have you found whats been missing? it seems like the phone isnt recognizing GNL as a launcher

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Im in the same situation with my moto g after running the debloat script from lost101. have you found whats been missing? it seems like the phone isnt recognizing GNL as a launcher

Had it last with mine too. Clear the cache of Google services. Of try to format cache in recovery.

Reactions: abendroidx

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
Thanks for the suggestion i tried but didn't help i think there is some files missing that's been removed by the debloat script that's causing this

ziki

Jul 15, 2005
Udine
Hi,
I am (was) a beta tester for the KitKat update release. During my test I also tried your KK debloater, I'm a big supporter of debloated roms.
I was on the last KK beta (before final) when I applied the debloater zip: all it was ok (super fast phone!), but when final OTA came out, the debloated KK rom did not receive any update. I wait till today and it is clear that the update will never come. I reinstalled the last Kk beta without debloating and the update came immediately.
I'have done more times the test and I can confirm that the KK debloater inhibits the Motorola updates.
OK, now final KK has been released...but if Moto decided to release another update (like small bugfix), with a debloated KK rom you do not never know the update is ready. The problem is not the installation (it is clear that is better to apply the update on a stock rom), the problem is that you do not receive any notification that tell you a new update is ready.

Do you have any idea how to fix the debloater script in order to be able to still receive system update notification?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---

** Debloater for KitKat **

I decided to create a Debloater script for those that want a clean system.
    I've used bits from NoMoto - Stock ROM Debloat Scripts (Moto G) by lost101

As with my previous debloater for JB, I've kept the stock launcher (and circle widget + weather).

Steps:
    1. Prepare/flash your preferred KitKat Stock ROM
    2. Flash + Boot into latest TWRP recovery
    3. Flash Moto Razr i XT890 KitKat Debloater - v0.1.zip (attached below)
    4. Flash the latest SuperSU (CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP)
    5. Reboot.

What you should end up with after rebooting:

Have fun!
    Script in Kit Kat

Thankx ! :good:

it works in my Kit Kat , all appz working... :)
    Im in the same situation with my moto g after running the debloat script from lost101. have you found whats been missing? it seems like the phone isnt recognizing GNL as a launcher

Had it last with mine too. Clear the cache of Google services. Of try to format cache in recovery.