Prototype Build TP with HDMI

Search This thread

psxpetey

I remember those posts everyone knew the phone was real lol they just didn't believe you had it because there were never any pics or vids that I remember anyway. But since you had the phone why aren't you telling him how to get hdmi working instead of sharing drama about how onetime childish people didn't believe you?

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

I'm. Interested throw up some pics brotha

psxpetey

Is there any chance to get this model yet? So HDMI works or not? Cause its the only reason why to buy this prototype...

I just bought one recently and hdmi works like any other sony phone. You just plug in a micro hdmi cable and in 2-5 seconds its popped up on your tv. Now im just trying to figure out why my 32gb sdhc does not work as the play is supposed to be compatible as well as the engineer build.

Sent from my LT28i using XDA Free mobile app

psxpetey

So I just snagged a prototype/developer model Play that does have HDMI out on it and I'm wondering in advance what the best choice of bootloader and/or firmware to use for maximum performance and battery life without interfering with the HDMI out functionality.

I did my best to sort through the ten million "I wish my Play had HDMI out" threads and what I could glean from MAYBE legit prototype discussion threads sound like it probably has parts of its modem removed to make room for the HDMI (which is fine since I want it as a portable/dockable game device) and that battery life might have a problem, which I would guess is from constant signal search that can probably be disabled.

But does anyone here actually have one of these? I'd love to benefit from someone else's experience with them instead of having to make all the mistakes myself and figuring everything out the hard way!

Thanks!

Hey do you still have your Xperia play prototype?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember those posts everyone knew the phone was real lol they just didn't believe you had it because there were never any pics or vids that I remember anyway. But since you had the phone why aren't you telling him how to get hdmi working instead of sharing drama about how onetime childish people didn't believe you?

Mind posting some photos?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I actually sold my Xperia PLAY about a month ago, sad to see it go but I moved on to a Nexus 5 in December and it took me all that time to let it go. Mine was not an HDMI model though, it was an early AT&T model without the branding.

For those curious I added the photos from my old prototype Xperia PLAY.
    a6e4yva9.jpg

This ^ :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    The phone showed up in immaculate condition, as if it had never been used. The HDMI port is very rough as you can see, with exposed circuit board. At this point I haven't been able to get the HDMI to work - I can't find any options for it in the settings and trying two different HDMI cables on two different displays hasn't worked yet. It seems the seller was correct when he said the phone couldn't connect to its network, as putting my valid ATT Sim card didn't get me signs of life. WiFi works fine. If anyone has any questions or any ideas on how to make the HDMI work, I'm all ears.

AXRPE2v.jpg

PPDPiDJ.jpg

9jWtTRH.jpg

GM82NMK.jpg

eSLEvcU.jpg