[Q] How to root?

Search This thread

garnet&gold

I've tried Kingo.com and it won't do anything with my device I don't know what else to do I'm still running 4.3 Can someone please help me

you could try an older version of kingo. 1.1.6 is what worked for me. I posted a link to my dropbox folder in the q & a thread where someone asked for it. I have heard vroot for other folks, but I never tried it.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
if kingo dont wortk then try to use kitkat if it support on your phone. then you can easily root your phone. kitkat is must helpful apps.

KitKat can't be rooted, you have to install a rooted KK ROM through an already rooted device in SafeStrap then install the firmware with Odin.

4.3 built in is better then KK. Most of app are not compatible with KK like ISIS wallet, Tap to Pay

I have 124 user apps installed and every one of them works fine. You say most apps aren't compatible, can you please list which ones don't work for you?

Last edited:
Reactions: saddog5523

chriskader

Nov 29, 2009
Malvern
KitKat can't be rooted, you have to install KK through an already rooted device in SafeStrap then install the firmware with Odin.

I have 124 user apps installed and every one of them works fine. You say most apps aren't compatible, can you please list which ones don't work for you?

This is not 100% accurate. You flash a ROOTED kitkat in SafeStrap and then flash the proper kernels and such in Odin. You are not flashing the full firmware using Odin.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
This is not 100% accurate. You flash a ROOTED kitkat in SafeStrap and then flash the proper kernels and such in Odin. You are not flashing the full firmware using Odin.

I see what you're saying but I was just giving a brief rundown, I'm going to edit it though. According to Beans you're flashing the firmware in odin, this is taken from this post:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52088484&postcount=2

Step- 6 - Flash NC2 Firmware/Bootloader Package check auto reboot in Odin

Last edited:

chriskader

Nov 29, 2009
Malvern

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
The file you are flashing is 76MB. No Note 3 firmware is 76MB. You are flashing a kernel, modem and bootloader that are not included with the SafeStrap flash.

...which he is calling firmware in his instructions. You could ask him why he's calling it that. I realize what it is I'm just posting it the way his instructions have it and most people here have been calling it to keep things separated.

Top Liked Posts