Review: 0.15mm "Flexglass" screen protector $6.49

Search This thread

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
I've mentioned this on a few threads but I thought I'd share this product with the forum. I have no connection to the manufacturer or this retailer at all. I'm just a customer.

Cybertech 0.15mm Flexglass screen protector.

I searched for the thinnest glass protector that I could find, some were 0.3-.4mm thick. I just saw 0.15mm (about 0.006") and actually didn't notice that it was "Flexglass" and not true glass until recently..

While the thicker glass ones should be better at impact protection, screen scratches are really my concern. After about a month it is doing great with no noticeable scratches. Being plastic I expect that a scratch is likely at some point. It is somewhere in between glass and film style protectors. I has already lasted longer than some pricey films did, and I dislike the marks that fingernails and styluses often made on films, I have a actual glass protector on my Nexus 7 and it feels about the same.

Installation was easy and so far it has remained adhered. I did the tried and true steamy bathroom install to avoid dust specks.

I didn't check it with calipers or anything but 0.15mm seems about right by feel. It doesn't sit above the chrome trim edge at all. It's very thin; it was flexible with a silicone(?) adhesive.

I'd post pics but it is nearly invisible so what's the point? :cyclops:

For &6.49 with free shipping they are so inexpensive I'm probably buying another one just in case. I think I paid a little more a month ago.

There is a suspiciously detailed negative review by a user with only that 1 review. You can make your own call on that...;)
My experience has been the exact opposite. It feels similar to a bare screen to me.

If anyone else buys/has used it please chime in...

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
Not sure what he's mad about...its under $10...If you're disappointed, your expectations are a bit high...just my opinion :p

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
Not sure what he's mad about...its under $10...If you're disappointed, your expectations are a bit high...just my opinion :p

Yeah that's my thought about it too, for the price it is worth a try. I'm not rich (a wage slave actually) but I'll throw $10-$15 at anything I like the sound of without regrets if it lets me down. But I've seen $0.99 apps get people all steamed up so maybe I'm too easy to please or not frugal enough. Or maybe the internet just tends to bring out the whiner in people.

I've paid $20 for a skin that I peeled off within weeks so I'm pretty stoked to still use this. It has already proven to be worth it's price by my measure.

torr310

Mar 26, 2011
I've mentioned this on a few threads but I thought I'd share this product with the forum. I have no connection to the manufacturer or this retailer at all. I'm just a customer.

There is a suspiciously detailed negative review by a user with only that 1 review. You can make your own call on that...;)
My experience has been the exact opposite.

Why not just write a review on Amazon.com to help more people? You could simply copy and paste this review over.

I am the kind of person who prefer to buy a good screen protector/case then use it until I sell my phone. My last screen protector on the Note 2 has been lasted over a year and still perfect. And it's a non-glass type just the regular plastic film.

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
Why not just write a review on Amazon.com to help more people? You could simply copy and paste this review over.

I am the kind of person who prefer to buy a good screen protector/case then use it until I sell my phone. My last screen protector on the Note 2 has been lasted over a year and still perfect. And it's a non-glass type just the regular plastic film.

I always had issues with films, particularly on my Notes. The stylus would leave marks in the films and make weird reflections. I actually rarely used the stylus for that reason. I've had Zagg and a few other $ brands over the years with varying degrees of happiness. I'll see it this thing lasts.

As for a review I may do just that; don;t know why I came here first. It's kinda been the home of all things Android to me for years now I guess