[Q] can i update the firmware on my rooted lg?

Search This thread

js931

Jul 14, 2010
I applied the 2 latest OTA updates with root, no problems and root is still there!

(I have the international version of the G3.)

pispuso

Sep 18, 2010
The device is suspected in rooting

Thats the message i get after trying

Some people get this errors. Like js931, I had no problems applying OTAs with root, I went from v10b to v10g without loosing root. Yesterday I applied v10j with a manual flash via kdz file, lost root but just re-rooted with purpledrake.

Pollux King

Jun 25, 2010
Rijeka
I updated via ota when i was rooted and had no problems, also didnt lost root.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

pispuso

Sep 18, 2010
How do you like 10j compared to 10b and 10g, for me 10b is a battery drainer.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

I updated via ota when i was rooted and had no problems, also didnt lost root.

v10b is indeed a battery drainer, and the phone was too hot doing nothing. v10g was better but kinda laggy. v10j seems to work great, its smoth, doesn't drain much battery and the heat is normal. For now is the best choice, the oly downside is that it comes with a lot of bloatware compared to my stock v10b that was pretty clean.

Pollux King

Jun 25, 2010
Rijeka
v10b is indeed a battery drainer, and the phone was too hot doing nothing. v10g was better but kinda laggy. v10j seems to work great, its smoth, doesn't drain much battery and the heat is normal. For now is the best choice, the oly downside is that it comes with a lot of bloatware compared to my stock v10b that was pretty clean.

I have just flashed 10H and it started dowloading 103 bloat apps automatically i never had before, wil test this firmware for couple of days if it wont perform well then i will switch to 10J

pispuso

Sep 18, 2010
I have just flashed 10H and it started dowloading 103 bloat apps automatically i never had before, wil test this firmware for couple of days if it wont perform well then i will switch to 10J

Yeah, a lot of bloatware. I just froze most of them for now and will remove completely if I see no problems.

zige

May 24, 2012
Helsinki
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
In that case, just do the Upgrade Repair Errors option in PC Suite. It'll flash the latest ROM for your IMEI, but you'll loose root. Just reroot afterwards.

I did this and i was getting "update error" plaaplaaplaa.. Now my device is bricked. I tried what PC Suite said "Take off battery and put again and connect with usb" but always when i open device it's goes do "updating firmware" but it's isn't doing anything. I was with rooted v10g rom (international 16gb D855). Let's see what service shops says.