[APP][1.6+] MM Tracker

Search This thread

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Hi,
I've just come across a problem that i've not noticed before. If I change from portrait to landscape mode whilst recording a track, my phone screen blacks out and freezes. I can get the screen back with the close all button, but not MM tracker, I just get the splash screen, and have to reset the phone to get MM tracker to start again. This happens either setting the display to sensor based and rotating the phone, or using the buttons in display settings to change orientation, and also doesnt occur when not recording a track. This only occurs in 1.24 versions - if I uninstall and revert to 1.23.2 I have no problems.
Phone is Samsung S9 on samsungs Andriod 10.
Any ideas?
Geoff
I have PM'd you

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Ah, I've also noticed something similar with the latest version.

MMTracker will go black whilst recording a track - the whole screen is black. I can get back to the Apps list and kill it, no need to restart phone. I don't have screen rotation turned on and I've not noticed what exactly is the trigger for this. Samsung S10e Android 12
I have PM'd you

xdarb

May 21, 2012
I've recently noticed that MM Tracker (version 1.24.6) is recording (within the GPX file) the elevation of a point approximately 50m higher than the spot height displayed in the app.
Isn't that due to the "Altitude geoid correction" setting? That normally accounts for about 50m difference in the UK.

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
I've recently noticed that MM Tracker (version 1.24.6) is recording (within the GPX file) the elevation of a point sapproximately 50m higher than the spot height displayed in the app.
Can anyone explain why ?
The value stored in the gpx file comes from the altitude valkue generated by the gps chip in your phone. The

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
MMTracker 1.24.9
*On map lists, show the build date of the map if available
*When backing up tracks, routes or waypoints, allow backing up all, or just for the previous 12 months, or just for the previous quarter
*Allow searching by loaded routes or all routes
*Allow searching by loaded tracks or all tracks
*Allow individual routes in a package to be renamed
*New option in Settings/Directories to force a rebuild of the Maps/Routes/Tracks database
*Other bug fixes and performance enhancements

Attachments

• MMTracker_1.24.9.apk
    7.8 MB · Views: 484

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Is anyone out there using or experimenting with vector maps?
I have a new (beta) version of MMTracker which is using MapLibre to render the maps so is rather better than the code in 1.24.9 as it allows proper zooming between levels and is rather quicker.
If you would like to test this, then please PM me.
You can always go back to a prior version at any time.

Jul 17, 2023
Ok so apologies for what is probably a stupid question for my first post....but here goes.

These days I mainly use Memory Map to plan routes and on the trail I use my Garmin Fenix to navigate albeit this is breadcrumb trail only and so I need map and compass as well. I do have an ancient PDA that runs Memory Map Mobile but this is problematic these days with poor battery life and intermittent GPS drops and I was interested in MM Tracker to see if it could supplement the Garmin and get real time position locks to map on the trail. I had sort of expected MM Tracker to behave in a similar way to the PDA version of Memory Map Mobile.

Downloaded V 1.24.9 and installed succesfully on Samsung S8 Running Android 9 and went for a test walk in the forest to check tracking ability. Track HAS recorded succesfully and can be found in my tracks folder on SD card. I've even changed track colour a few times as I experiment with settings and can successfully view the track on the map now that I'm back home.

The problem is that while RECORDING the track the only thing visible on the screen was the cross-hairs position indicator which moved as I moved but I had expected it to lay down a snail trail track line as I progressed in the track colour of my choice. I can see no obvious toggle button in settings that may turn this on/off so wonder if I'm maybe doing something wrong?

Thanks

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Ok so apologies for what is probably a stupid question for my first post....but here goes.

These days I mainly use Memory Map to plan routes and on the trail I use my Garmin Fenix to navigate albeit this is breadcrumb trail only and so I need map and compass as well. I do have an ancient PDA that runs Memory Map Mobile but this is problematic these days with poor battery life and intermittent GPS drops and I was interested in MM Tracker to see if it could supplement the Garmin and get real time position locks to map on the trail. I had sort of expected MM Tracker to behave in a similar way to the PDA version of Memory Map Mobile.

Downloaded V 1.24.9 and installed succesfully on Samsung S8 Running Android 9 and went for a test walk in the forest to check tracking ability. Track HAS recorded succesfully and can be found in my tracks folder on SD card. I've even changed track colour a few times as I experiment with settings and can successfully view the track on the map now that I'm back home.

The problem is that while RECORDING the track the only thing visible on the screen was the cross-hairs position indicator which moved as I moved but I had expected it to lay down a snail trail track line as I progressed in the track colour of my choice. I can see no obvious toggle button in settings that may turn this on/off so wonder if I'm maybe doing something wrong?

Thanks
what setting have you got for 'settings', 'directories', 'load Tracks on startup'?

Jul 17, 2023
what setting have you got for 'settings', 'directories', 'load Tracks on startup'?
Thanks for your reply much appreciated!

I have the default "Load Last 5 Tracks" so assume that's OK?

I have however just noticed something in the "GPS and Tracking" settings menu where the DEFAULT after install on 1.24.9 on "GPS tracking min distance" is set to "never" rather than

"0 metres (always)"

or

values between 1 Metre and 10 KM

Could this account for why no trackpoint is laid down on the map during recording or have I misunderstood that setting?

Edit: OK so without changing anything todays test (2nd track I've recorded) did lay down a track on screen during recording so is that anything to do with default being to display last 5 tracks and the original track being the very first ever recorded is not technically part of the last 5 in a historical sense?

Last edited:

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks for your reply much appreciated!

I have the default "Load Last 5 Tracks" so assume that's OK?

I have however just noticed something in the "GPS and Tracking" settings menu where the DEFAULT after install on 1.24.9 on "GPS tracking min distance" is set to "never" rather than

"0 metres (always)"

or

values between 1 Metre and 10 KM

Could this account for why no trackpoint is laid down on the map during recording or have I misunderstood that setting?

Edit: OK so without changing anything todays test (2nd track I've recorded) did lay down a track on screen during recording so is that anything to do with default being to display last 5 tracks and the original track being the very first ever recorded is not technically part of the last 5 in a historical sense?
I don't use MMTracker for track recording myself but...

If you set this value to a value other than 'never' does it do what you want?

Jul 17, 2023
I don't use MMTracker for track recording myself but...

If you set this value to a value other than 'never' does it do what you want?
Thanks....Maybe you didn't see my edit but without changing anything the 2nd track displayed as expected and I wondered whether the coding if it finds the track folder empty (as it would on the very first track laid down) would see zero tracks and therefore display nothing and that the 2nd track is OK as it meets the 1-5 track threshold?

Working now so no problem but would be good to understand what the "GPS tracking min distance" field is for as set to "never" it's still laying down a track and so I'm not exactly sure what parameters this setting manages?

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks....Maybe you didn't see my edit but without changing anything the 2nd track displayed as expected and I wondered whether the coding if it finds the track folder empty (as it would on the very first track laid down) would see zero tracks and therefore display nothing and that the 2nd track is OK as it meets the 1-5 track threshold?

Working now so no problem but would be good to understand what the "GPS tracking min distance" field is for as set to "never" it's still laying down a track and so I'm not exactly sure what parameters this setting manages?
A point will be posted to the GPX file if either the 'GPS tracking data rate' is exceeded (default is 1 second therefore at least 1 second must have passed) or 'GPS tracking min distance' is exceeded (so you must have moved at least this distance). Does that make sense?

Jul 17, 2023
A point will be posted to the GPX file if either the 'GPS tracking data rate' is exceeded (default is 1 second therefore at least 1 second must have passed) or 'GPS tracking min distance' is exceeded (so you must have moved at least this distance). Does that make sense?
Another issue that I don't quite understand has arisen. MM Tracker installed on Samsung S8 with Android 9 the onscreen compass is accurate and matches a real compass within a degree or so in pointing north. Software installed today on a Samsung A52 running Android 13 compass needle doesn't move at all and constantly points to west on compass face even when phone is moved. GPS lock on phone does show correct position.

Any ideas please?

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Another issue that I don't quite understand has arisen. MM Tracker installed on Samsung S8 with Android 9 the onscreen compass is accurate and matches a real compass within a degree or so in pointing north. Software installed today on a Samsung A52 running Android 13 compass needle doesn't move at all and constantly points to west on compass face even when phone is moved. GPS lock on phone does show correct position.

Any ideas please?
I have PM'd you

chrispgreen

Apr 25, 2022
My MMT has suddenly developed a map issue. It loads up the last map that I used but when I go to the open map menu there are no maps listed just text at the top that says “select map to load (Google zoom level)”. The maps are still there on the SD card and load perfectly well in Alpinequest. MMT has permission to access the SD card and the map location path in the settings is correct. Using the map scale icons on the left side of screen has no effect and the press an hold menu option “maps at position” also brings up an empty map list.
The phone is a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite running Android 10. MMT version 1.24.9. Any help would be appreciated before I try reinstalling the app. Thanks.

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
MMTracker 1.24.10
*Changes for Android 14
*Allow third compass type of Regular Compass. This simply points to North.
*Show location of photos with a camera icon and on click show details
*Associate jpg files with MMTracker to show as above
*Allow jpg, png and svg files to be used as waypoint icons. Put them in the icons folder in the waypoints directory.

Attachments

• MMTracker_1.24.10.apk
    8 MB · Views: 276

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MM Tracker patch for JB 4.2

Attached is a patched version of MM Tracker 1.10.4 that should work on Android 4.2 , it does for me :)
    As it is signed with different keys to the original it can not be used to update an already installed MM tracker, you will have to uninstall any existing MMT.

Naf
    MM Tracker Current Version 1.10.6

Hello,

as Map Man is not developing any more on MM Tracker i decided to offer my support to at least keep the project alive for upcoming Android versions.
    Attached you can find the latest version 1.10.6 of MM Tracker which has not too many improvements, but will run on current Android versions.

Feel free to share and distrubute!

Cheers.
    MMTracker - 1.20.0

Please find attached

* 1.20.0 Android 11 release (backwards compatible to Android 4.4)
    *Allow Screen to stay on if power is connected (new default)
    *Power icon at bottom left of screen
    *If routepoints overlap, then only draw the first one. Helps with drawing routes on small scale maps
    *Show both km and miles on the tracking notification
    *New setting in 'Display Options' to allow the scale to always be metric, regardless of what the Distance Units are
    *Allow new button (turned on using User Interface settings), to allow 'Refresh Routes/Tracks/Waypoints'
    *Allow routes, tracks and waypoints to be shared
    MMTracker 1.24.0
    *Code changes required for Android 13
    *Automatically download A-GPS data
    *Allow route simplify from mapview route context menu
    *Show route length as an info line when a route is selected
    *Allow routes to be unsimplified and the simplification value to be changed
    *Allow routes to be split and joined
    *Allow search by Lat/Lng using Degree, Minute and Second
    *New User Interface setting - Ignore maps of the same scale