No network, need help please.

Search This thread

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So I updated to kk, and now I have no network, I tried several Sim cards and get still no data. Imei gone, inline Barnard. I'll add pics appreciate any help
Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395588622704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395588622704.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 180
  • uploadfromtaptalk1395588645727.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395588645727.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 175
  • uploadfromtaptalk1395588662847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395588662847.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 174

bryanthomas007

Dec 22, 2008
Lawrence
I feel bad for you. There are so many bugs in Kit Kat right now. I'm staying away until it's stable.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I feel bad for you. There are so many bugs in Kit Kat right now. I'm staying away until it's stable.

I don't think any real bugs exist besides the ones we make for each other.

TWEAKED N3

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

So I updated to kk, and now I have no network, I tried several Sim cards and get still no data. Imei gone, inline Barnard. I'll add pics appreciate any help

How did you update. What did you use. What files did you use. Did you wipe before flashing. Are you rooted. Need a lot more info if anyone is gonna be able to help you.

TWEAKED N3

Reactions: twanskys204

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I don't know about that. Check out some of the post.

I have and have tried to answer most. I been on 4.4 from day 3 no issues. So many people dirty flashing not following rules flashing kernels from 4.3 on 4.4. I have seen so many dumb moves that all could of been avoided by reading.

TWEAKED N3

Reactions: twanskys204

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
That's probably accurate. Most of the problems probably could have been avoided by reading.

well i was instructed how to properly update which i knew how to but wasn't quite sure about boot-loaders. but what gets me is i flashed the factory image and even on stock with no root, no rom, no kernel i had issues with network dropping, FC'ing apps, random reboots daily, Samsung Knox still causing issues daily (i deleted all apk + odex), only Philz recovery decided to work too TWRP 2.7 4.4 Boot loader edition wont work for anything nothing gets applied at all in that recovery. The only good thing KK has given me is slightly better battery.

YET on 4.3:
Stable, Works, No Samsung Knox issues, Working Recoveries, No network issues, No audio crackling issues

The only reason im still on KitKat is the fact that im waiting for a ROM that will be actually good that's near stock and odexed.

Reactions: louforgiveno

rambo8987

May 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I rooted and updated using the cf easy update. Followed all steps. Noticed there was no network so I switched Sims, still no network. I factory reset , still no network. So I tried flashing just the new modem all via Odin 3.09 still nothing.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
I rooted and updated using the cf easy update. Followed all steps. Noticed there was no network so I switched Sims, still no network. I factory reset , still no network. So I tried flashing just the new modem all via Odin 3.09 still nothing.

You have posted this in several topics now.

Have you tried looking at:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50906045&postcount=362

NOTE I HAVE NOT USED THIS AS I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

louforgiveno

Jun 24, 2010
well i was instructed how to properly update which i knew how to but wasn't quite sure about boot-loaders. but what gets me is i flashed the factory image and even on stock with no root, no rom, no kernel i had issues with network dropping, FC'ing apps, random reboots daily, Samsung Knox still causing issues daily (i deleted all apk + odex), only Philz recovery decided to work too TWRP 2.7 4.4 Boot loader edition wont work for anything nothing gets applied at all in that recovery. The only good thing KK has given me is slightly better battery.

YET on 4.3:
Stable, Works, No Samsung Knox issues, Working Recoveries, No network issues, No audio crackling issues

The only reason im still on KitKat is the fact that im waiting for a ROM that will be actually good that's near stock and odexed.

Hit thanks by accident. ...but I was gonna say I had the opposite experience. ...got my n3 from tmo about 3 weeks ago with 4.3 and had random reboots. ...no root or custom recovery. ..jumped on kitkat when it dropped and rooted, debloated and threw custom recovery on it and now No reboots, wifi issues, imei loss, or any of the other issues I've seen people report.
I remember back in my og evo days on one of the forums....that suddenly it arose that many people thought they were doing full wipes and turned out their idea of full wipe meant cache and dalvik.....they didn't realize they needed to wipe system and data......so my point is that there usually tends to be issues based on people's different approaches to upgrading though they swear they followed directions.

Reactions: rambo8987

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY

YET on 4.3:

Project x is good so is tesh. Those already exist.

TWEAKED N3

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

You need to start all over. Watch the step by step video. Either Philz or twrp as recovery.

TWEAKED N3

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

TWEAKED N3

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

You need to start all over. Watch the step by step video. Either Philz or twrp as recovery.

TWEAKED N3

Screenshot your about phone screen

TWEAKED N3

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hit thanks by accident. ...but I was gonna say I had the opposite experience. ...got my n3 from tmo about 3 weeks ago with 4.3 and had random reboots. ...no root or custom recovery. ..jumped on kitkat when it dropped and rooted, debloated and threw custom recovery on it and now No reboots, wifi issues, imei loss, or any of the other issues I've seen people report.
I remember back in my og evo days on one of the forums....that suddenly it arose that many people thought they were doing full wipes and turned out their idea of full wipe meant cache and dalvik.....they didn't realize they needed to wipe system and data......so my point is that there usually tends to be issues based on people's different approaches to upgrading though they swear they followed directions.

well i can say i have had android since Samsung moment dropped on Sprint haha so i know what im doing and know a lot about linux and such. its just i like to ask people how they did their process as it might work better than another persons' idea of "how to".

i just know that KK in general is a big mess, regardless of those who say its better, there are more people with problems that aren't user related.

Well i see Project X however its deodexed not odexed. and i dont see tesh?

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
well i can say i have had android since Samsung moment dropped on Sprint haha so i know what im doing and know a lot about linux and such. its just i like to ask people how they did their process as it might work better than another persons' idea of "how to".

i just know that KK in general is a big mess, regardless of those who say its better, there are more people with problems that aren't user related.

Well i see Project X however its deodexed not odexed. and i dont see tesh?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2671063 never had issues with deo or ode

TWEAKED N3

AhsonAli

Aug 7, 2013
looks like your efs is messed up... :/
did u make a back up of efs, baseband and modem before flashing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XmentalX

Nov 23, 2006
Bay Area
www.google.com
looks like your efs is messed up... :/
did u make a back up of efs, baseband and modem before flashing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shouldn't have to that zip I posted (linked earlier in this thread) clears the efs so th phone can rebuild it on boot. Samsung must have gotten sick of getting corrupted efs phones for warranty service so they built in a method for the phone to restore it. Problem is it only works once the efs has been cleared. As mentioned before it is at your own risk but I can confirm it worked for me .

brownmonkey300

Mar 22, 2014
Mumbai

1. If you are using an unofficial version of a rom then please check if it has know issues. (the developer usually lists them on the rom page)

2. Use Odin to reflash your original files.
3. They are available. Just search for them on google with your model number.

4. This should solve your signal problem.

5. Now reroot following a proper guide.

6. Flash an official version of a rom or if not available a rom with lesser issues. Current many unofficial kitkat ports have signal problems and blue tooth problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't think any real bugs exist besides the ones we make for each other.

TWEAKED N3

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

How did you update. What did you use. What files did you use. Did you wipe before flashing. Are you rooted. Need a lot more info if anyone is gonna be able to help you.

TWEAKED N3
    I don't know about that. Check out some of the post.

I have and have tried to answer most. I been on 4.4 from day 3 no issues. So many people dirty flashing not following rules flashing kernels from 4.3 on 4.4. I have seen so many dumb moves that all could of been avoided by reading.

TWEAKED N3
    That's probably accurate. Most of the problems probably could have been avoided by reading.

YET on 4.3:

YET on 4.3: