Gear 2 laudspeaker test

Search This thread

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
x2

Or please just tell us approximately how much louder is it than the gear 1.

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
This is just a subjective observation (hope others can add their own)
I would say that it's louder. Not a very huge improvement, but louder. I would say 15% louder. (But remember, the reference is not very loud. I would still classify the 15% max improvement as (still) not very loud overall)

The sound is definitely richer though. It seems to have more "body".
Also, I would consider the placement of the speaker on the side as a worthwhile improvement. Especially for phone calls.

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
This is just a subjective observation (hope others can add their own)
I would say that it's louder. Not a very huge improvement, but louder. I would say 15% louder. (But remember, the reference is not very loud. I would still classify the 15% max improvement as (still) not very loud overall)

The sound is definitely richer though. It seems to have more "body".
Also, I would consider the placement of the speaker on the side as a worthwhile improvement. Especially for phone calls.

And with this post right here I will be waiting for the moto 360. Thank you very much for the input sir.

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
No one knows that. And if it's only as loud as this watch then I'll skip it and wait for the next lol I need a megaphone on my arm that can shatter glass

Right ! :) Fair enough. I use the watch a lot for phone calls. In that respect its better than the Gear 1 but still not perfect. I jumped on the new Gear bandwagon because I wanted to upgrade the quality of my Gear 1 asap and am truly skeptical about phone call support on the Android Wear devices. It sounds too much that they have figured it all out with Android Wear....

mschafe

Dec 12, 2006
Quick question.. On my Gear 2, the speaker seems to distort easily (i.e crackly, etc) at anything but a very low volume. Is this normal? Is it because its just so tiny?

Pentrebach

Nov 6, 2013
I put it this way. If you’re in a quiet room with no background noise its excellent. In the car its useable for a short period of time. (all with the volume on max) In a noisy room its no good. I will say this, its equally as good or even superior to the speakerphone on my S4. Also my wife who is the gadget hater cannot tell if I am talking to her on it and she hates when I have her on the speakerphone on the phone and can immediately tell.

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
No one knows that. And if it's only as loud as this watch then I'll skip it and wait for the next lol I need a megaphone on my arm that can shatter glass

More than that, we don't even know if the Moto 360 will be able to make calls. It may just have a mic on it for voice commands. I don't believe this aspect is clear or finalised yet.