[SOLVED] WiFi Mobile Hotspot error after KITKAT update, then WiFi Can't be enabled

Search This thread

ReCreate

Oct 7, 2010
After updating my google play unlocked Nexus 4 to Kit Kat 4.4, I've been constantly having problems with my WiFi being stuck in off mode.

Turning on WiFi would get the toggle stuck, while it's Grey too, and it stays stuck. Solution was to turn on and off airplane mode. Then wifi works again.

I've now realized this is triggered every time I try to enable the mobile WiFi Hotspot. It shows Error next to the check box and no WiFi network is broadcasted. I tried barnacle tether and FoxFi, and neither work. Has kit Kat broken any WiFi broadcasting? Tethering works just fine for me over USB. Something is wrong with the WiFi. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Here's some screenhots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-28-23-06-07.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-28-23-06-07.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,742
  • Screenshot_2013-11-28-23-06-17.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-28-23-06-17.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,714
  • Screenshot_2013-11-28-23-06-25.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-28-23-06-25.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,689
Last edited:
Reactions: in.abhi9

ReCreate

Oct 7, 2010
I did a backup in CWM, then I did a factory reset, and then I restored the backup. Everything started working just fine again.

No thanks to anyone.

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
I did a backup in CWM, then I did a factory reset, and then I restored the backup. Everything started working just fine again.

No thanks to anyone.
If you solved the problem yourself, then you should edit the first post's title with the word "Solved" so others don't have to read your posts or try to help you.

in.abhi9

Feb 3, 2013
Pune

No thanks to anyone.

It works! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

After updating my google play unlocked Nexus 4 to Kit Kat 4.4, I've been constantly having problems with my WiFi being stuck in off mode.

Turning on WiFi would get the toggle stuck, while it's Grey too, and it stays stuck. Solution was to turn on and off airplane mode. Then wifi works again.

I've now realized this is triggered every time I try to enable the mobile WiFi Hotspot. It shows Error next to the check box and no WiFi network is broadcasted. I tried barnacle tether and FoxFi, and neither work. Has kit Kat broken any WiFi broadcasting? Tethering works just fine for me over USB. Something is wrong with the WiFi. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Here's some screenhots.

Alternate way is, if you rooted, delete directory
and reboot your phone

Aug 11, 2014
I'm having the same problem with my Nexus 4 but i'm not sure what to do? Please help.

Here's some screenhots.

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem with my nexus 4 when I turn on wifi hotspot.. I get the "error" message..
I don't completely understand everything in order to fix this.. Please help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No thanks to anyone.

It works! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Here's some screenhots.

Alternate way is, if you rooted, delete directory
    and reboot your phone

Here's some screenhots.