"Ok Google" stops working until reboot.

Search This thread

kgeissler

Dec 21, 2006
Rowlett, TX
Don't know what is going on, but when I go to Google Now, saying "Ok Google" doesn't work. The microphone icon is sort of greyed out and it doesn't work until I reboot. It will then work for a while, then stop again. See this screenshot... How the microphone icon is greyed out. Any ideas?

edyne4u8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

soccerfan6789

Nov 21, 2012
New York
Clear the data from Google Search. That should fix it. If not, do a factory reset

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Johmama

Apr 2, 2013
Don't know what is going on, but when I go to Google Now, saying "Ok Google" doesn't work. The microphone icon is sort of greyed out and it doesn't work until I reboot. It will then work for a while, then stop again. See this screenshot... How the microphone icon is greyed out. Any ideas?

That usually happens when the phone thinks it is giving off a sound, such as playing music. Check to make sure you aren't listening to music, even if using headphones. Also check some of the Accessibility settings like text to speech, speak password, etc.

michael.s.under

Mar 22, 2006
Ive read a couple of places this possibly has to do with the mic permissions from the Chrome Beta app. I had a similar issue with the hollow mic not recognizing speech or the "OK Google" command until a reboot. Since Ive rooted and essentially restored, I have not had the issue. I have not installed Chrome Beta either, however.

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
Ive read a couple of places this possibly has to do with the mic permissions from the Chrome Beta app. I had a similar issue with the hollow mic not recognizing speech or the "OK Google" command until a reboot. Since Ive rooted and essentially restored, I have not had the issue. I have not installed Chrome Beta either, however.

I have just confirmed it to be Chrome Beta. Tested on n4, n5, and n7. Regular Chrome works fine.

I'm so glad others are having this same issue. It really is a pain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.