[Q] Downgrading gingerbread to froyo

Search This thread

Badking

Oct 14, 2012
I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4G (SGH-T959V), my phone came stock with Froyo 2.2.1 (T959VUVKD1). My phone is now running on Gingerbread 2.3.6 (T959VUVKJ6).
I want to go back to stock Froyo 2.2.1 because i like it better. Can I go back to Froyo 2.2.1? Can anyone please post what I need to put into odin and where i would put each file into odin to get my phone running back on Froyo 2.2.1 if i currently have Gingerbread 2.3.6. Thanks.

Badking

Oct 14, 2012
What if my sgh-t959v, gingerbread 2.3.6 is rooted would the one click thing back to froyo 2.2.1 still work if my phone is rooted? So your saying i just have to download the froyo one-click and it will take my phone from gingerbread 2.3.6 to froyo 2.2.1 all by itself? Im really nooby at this please let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
Yes, the one-click will basically install the other version on your phone. It will most likely remove root.

You will almost certainly have to backup all the data you wish to preserve with something like Titanium Backup and restore it to the phone as Android and apps don't "downgrade" very gracefully.

Badking

Oct 14, 2012
Hey can anyone tell me the process of using the kd1 one-click for my sgh-t959v. I heard that i have to go into dl mode and plug in my phone and open the sgh-t959v-kd1-one-click.jar and run it. And the second time i run it i should have flash bootloaders checked. And after that i should do factory reset, clear cache from the android recovery screen? After i run the jar for the first time what will my phone screen be on after the process is done? After ive ran the kd1.jar twice will it take me setting up phone phone steps. Please anyone tell me steps using the kd1-one-click.jar if i have to run it once or twice and have flash bootloaders checked. Thanks.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Reactions: bhundven

Badking

Oct 14, 2012
Im just wondering, after if i am back on froyo 2.2.1, would i be able to use Superoneclick, (version 2.2) i think to root my phone on froyo 2.2.1?

Last edited:

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Hey FB in lumin's post he posted is one that will take you to stock KJ6 Gingerbread 2.3.6. but what about this link that you gave to me www.sourceforge.net/projects/teamacid/files/fb/roms/one_clicks/kd1-stock-sgh-t959v-one-click.jar. Will this take me back to stock Froyo 2.2.1? I'm just saying this because in lumin's post the one click he talking about is KJ6 but the link you put here is to go to froyo 2.2.1? Thanks.

That's correct, the KD1 one click I linked you to will take you to stock Froyo. Any time lumin mentions the KJ6 one click, just use the KD1 one click instead and you'll be back to Froyo in no time :).

Badking

Oct 14, 2012
Sorry, but i have another question, I dont even know what bootloaders are. Will I need to have flash bootloaders checked the second time when i am going back to stock froyo 2.2.1? Or will i only have to flash it once with the sgh-t959v one click. Let me know. Thanks

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Sorry, but i have another question, I dont even know what bootloaders are. Will I need to have flash bootloaders checked the second time when i am going back to stock froyo 2.2.1? Or will i only have to flash it once with the sgh-t959v one click. Let me know. Thanks

Yes you need to flash the bootloaders. The GB bootloaders your phone has at the moment aren't compatible with Froyo, so you should follow the instructions to the letter.

sveris

Mar 9, 2014
Im just wondering, after if i am back on froyo 2.2.1, would i be able to use Superoneclick, (version 2.2) i think to root my phone on froyo 2.2.1?

Maybe I missed the answer, but will Superoneclick, (version 2.2) root an unlocked T959V running stock Froyo 2.2.1? I think I would like to root frist and remove some of the bloatware - before upgrading the firmware to GB, ICS, or higher.

sveris

Mar 9, 2014
Yes, it will root froyo.
Great! Thanks for the instant reply.

I think upgrading to GB from a rooted T959V running FROYO is the way I will proceed. If the root is successful, I'll try to remove some or most of the bloatware, then see how I like the phone - before moving up to GB, ICS, or another firmware upgrade.

Badking

Oct 14, 2012
I have Odin also, but I don't know what files to put in odin, I was using the kd1-one-click to go back to stock froyo 2.2.1 and i was in command prompt but never got the (installing drivers) message and zadig didn't open. I need the the files that i can put into odin that will take my phone to froyo 2.2.1 stock. Please someone help!

Badking

Oct 14, 2012
I downloaded Zadig from the internet and ran it and did the steps in lumin30 post. After I clicked flash on the kd1 one-click, and on the bottom is says flash SBL after my phone finished it loaded into the android page and installed packages and show the tmobile splash screen then the samsung boot logo.(It shows the froyo 2.2.1 boot logo though because i remember how the gingerbread 2.3.6 boot logo. and then i took out usb like lumin said and put into download mode again and checked flash bootloaders and and still says flashing sbl. My phone is now with a black screen and vibrates every 10-15 seconds and my lights on the 4 buttons on the bottom are on. Please I need the files that i need to put into odin to get my phone to boot up!! All my phone does is black screen and vibrates every couple seconds. Someone please help if i can use odin to fix this.??

Top Liked Posts