[Q] HDX screen share to Windows

Search This thread

evilgrin98

Nov 29, 2013
I want to share the screen from my unrooted and updated HDX to Windows 7. Going about my due diligence, I have tried several apps to handle this, including Teamviewer, which works on my rooted Samsung phone, and Fuze, which I haven't verified works in other Android versions. Obviously Amazon themselves is capable of this for support reasons, so I know it's doable. Via wifi or USB is acceptable.

Thanks in advance!

ferrouskid

Mar 12, 2014
check this out

I want to share the screen from my unrooted and updated HDX to Windows 7. Going about my due diligence, I have tried several apps to handle this, including Teamviewer, which works on my rooted Samsung phone, and Fuze, which I haven't verified works in other Android versions. Obviously Amazon themselves is capable of this for support reasons, so I know it's doable. Via wifi or USB is acceptable.

Thanks in advance!

Hello
I found this for you mate, enjoy, and best of all, no root required.

evilgrin98

Nov 29, 2013
Droid@Screen for HDX

I found Droid@Screen after I made this post yesterday but am having some trouble setting it up. I didn't know in the end whether the issue might have been an Android version issue. If you can confirm that Droid@Screen works for your HDX, would you mind also PMing me and helping me walk through the setup? These were the steps I took:

Requirements:
Java v7 u51
Droid@Screen v1.0.2

1) Download and install SDK manager including Platform Tools.
2) Create an (user) environment variable ANDROID_HOME pointing to the "installation directory". (I used "C:\Users\[redact]\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\", which contains the "platform-tools" subfolder.)
3) Add "C:\Users\[redact]\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\platform-tools\" and "C:\Users\[redact]\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\" to the system variable Path, separated by semicolons.
4) Enable USB debugging enabled on the HDX and on a Samsung i777 running OmniROM (Android 4.4.2).

Droid@Screen does NOT prompt me for the location of adb.exe and reports success in restarting ADB, which makes me think I set the user enrivonment variable ANDROID_HOME correctly. But neither the HDX nor the i777 show up in the device list for Droid@Screen.

After this frustration, I also turned to ASM with similar results (no devices listed).

In case it matters, I ran both programs by double-clicking their .jar through Windows Explorer rather than via command prompt.

Sorry to be a scrubby noob. :( I'm trying my best to do this without help, but I just can't seem to swing it.

evilgrin98

Nov 29, 2013
KFHDX drivers

Did you install the ADB drivers for your devices? The KFHDX drivers can be found at:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31641230&postcount=1

Thanks! I went through slightly more roundabout steps that got me to the same place, which steps can be found here:

Setting Up Your Development Environment
Setting Up Your Kindle Fire Tablet for Testing

Both Droid@Screen and ASM are working for me now, albeit with a pretty awful delay (and no control over the device, which I would appreciate but understand is out of the question for now). It's possible that all that was needed was the Fire ADB driver, but I now have the Java Development Kit and a few other things to boot. Maybe it will enable me to dirty my hands in the root-testing grounds, which will probably be my next tackle, pending GSLEON getting some more time on his hands. :)

Thanks, all, again. Very helpful!

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA

Thanks in advance!

I tried j5Create's AndroidMirror, no luck. They claim it works with KindleFire, but apparently not Fire HD or Fire HDX.

Reactions: evilgrin98

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!

I tried j5Create's AndroidMirror, no luck. They claim it works with KindleFire, but apparently not Fire HD or Fire HDX.