Some USSD Codes Not Working

Search This thread

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
Recently had to replace my I9505G Samsung S4, with the same model. Stupid belt clip failed and phone fell off as I was getting off the bus. By the time I noticed it was missing, too late, the OTTERBOX didn't protect it from a bus. So I reordered the same model from Google Play. But not the following USSD Codes aren't working (They worked on previous model.)

#*#*4636*#*#
*#7284#

But the usual one to check IMEI does work.

Running KitKat 4.4.2
baseband: I9505GUECML4

sharingan

May 30, 2013
Recently had to replace my I9505G Samsung S4, with the same model. Stupid belt clip failed and phone fell off as I was getting off the bus. By the time I noticed it was missing, too late, the OTTERBOX didn't protect it from a bus. So I reordered the same model from Google Play. But not the following USSD Codes aren't working (They worked on previous model.)

#*#*4636*#*#
*#7284#

But the usual one to check IMEI does work.

Running KitKat 4.4.2
baseband: I9505GUECML4

i think it may be a network fault or you can try that sim in another phone and see if those codes are working in another phone or not

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
i think it may be a network fault or you can try that sim in another phone and see if those codes are working in another phone or not

Well I am now able to use the #*#*4636*#*#, but the *#7284# still not working. Reason I want the latter is it lets me force USB Mass Storage instead of MTP.

Will check with carrier and see what I can do.

Had carrier update the IMEI information but still hasn't helped. :( Really want to be able to access internal SD card as Mass Storage.

Last edited:

sharingan

May 30, 2013
Well I am now able to use the #*#*4636*#*#, but the *#7284# still not working. Reason I want the latter is it lets me force USB Mass Storage instead of MTP.

Will check with carrier and see what I can do.

Had carrier update the IMEI information but still hasn't helped. :( Really want to be able to access internal SD card as Mass Storage.

even if you choose anyone ctp or mpt there are both options available phone and storage to copy files brother

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
I know, trying now to configure mounting under linux. But that option under *#7284# always worked for me, it made the phone immediately recognizable under any OS.

Update:

Well at least I can use adb push to transfer files to my phone.

Last edited: