Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Screen/Bezel Seperation

Search This thread

akafaze

Oct 21, 2009
Does anyone have the bezel and screen separating near the home button if you push down on it? I had to exchange for a new one at Best Buy because it got progressively worse. The new replacement has the same issue but it is not as bad as the first one I got. Since 2 units I've gotten both had poor glueing/adhesive in that area (other areas are well secured), I'm wondering if others have the same issue too. Over time I believe this will worsen and we will gets lots of dust in that separated gap. Attached is a picture with the affected area circled. You have to push the bezel downwards towards the charging port to see the gap, but don't do it too periodically or you will worsen the gap.

Attachments

• 1405406371542.jpg
    1405406371542.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,504
Last edited:

TonyBigs

Apr 14, 2011
I wonder if the separation could be related to the overheating reports concerning the 8.4?

akafaze

Oct 21, 2009
It's a possibility, I used my tablet for really long duration but it didn't get too hot to consider it overheating. I returned mines though, too many negatives for me. I'd rather wait for a Note Tab S with AMOLED and a better processor than exonys...

TarjeiB

Oct 26, 2010
I have the same, and a very irritating squeaking or clicking sound from the bezel moving when I touch it in a certain way. If it gets worse I'll have to exchange it.

filtragem

Nov 11, 2006
Hello,

I notice this problem on my t705 now, i don't know when it started and if it is getting worse but its now about the size of the home button.

Did your's get fixed or exchanged? If fixed it happen again?

Thanks for your help

postulio

Jun 2, 2008
I have the same, and a very irritating squeaking or clicking sound from the bezel moving when I touch it in a certain way. If it gets worse I'll have to exchange it.

I have a similar issue with my 10.5. In the lower left corner when held at landscape. it is very mild and you can "feel" the squeek more than hear it and there is certainly no visible gap but fact remains its an issue.

The corner isn't near charging port or cpu placement so heat has nothing to do with it.

I'm pretty sure it depends on how well it was glued in place and where/how you hold your tablet up and where the strain occurs (i frequently used that corner solely for support in my left hand).

ThE_SoUrCe

Jul 6, 2007
Yup. Got a few gaps here and there, remedied since i painted my original bezel to white. It's plastic

filtragem

Nov 11, 2006
Is there any point on send it to warranty?
Probably will be the same and with more gaps from openning it up.

Kayak83

Jul 23, 2010
Found this thread in Google search. My 8.4 tab s suddenly had a seperrated bezel this afternoon. It even snapped a small piece off the white back cover. Luckily the bezel snapped back into place. Going to keep my eye on it. Think Samsung will do a repair if need be?