[Q] Missing preload files

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5444902

I have a german HTC One M7 with T-Mobile branding.

T-MOB101
hboot 1.55

After doing the HTC Dev Unlock, the preload folder has been cleared and I cannot install OTAs because verifying the system fails.

Now the problem.
I cannot go S-Off, not with firewater nor with rumrunner. So no chance to install a full RUU.
I cannot find any version matching Nandroid backup containing the missing preload files.

What can I do? I don't know any other way to get the preload files. If I could find someone with the matching version, it would be very easy. But I doubt there's still somebody with this old version.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita

T-MOB101
hboot 1.55

After doing the HTC Dev Unlock, the preload folder has been cleared and I cannot install OTAs because verifying the system fails.

Now the problem.
I cannot go S-Off, not with firewater nor with rumrunner. So no chance to install a full RUU.
I cannot find any version matching Nandroid backup containing the missing preload files.

What can I do? I don't know any other way to get the preload files. If I could find someone with the matching version, it would be very easy. But I doubt there's still somebody with this old version.
I take it you have tried firewater and rumrunner without success. There is a new options Sunshine S-OFF but it is a paid option. You are right, finding your version RUU or OTA is very difficult. If you could find OTAs you could pull the preload files from it but you would have to be to find the previous OTAs for your phone. I don't know if TMO Germany's site would have the RUU but it would be worth a check.

D

Deleted member 5444902

I take it you have tried firewater and rumrunner without success.
Yes, both failed. Some T-Mobile devices don't work with these and one of them is mine.

There is a new options Sunshine S-OFF but it is a paid option.
When nothing works, I might give this a try.

You are right, finding your version RUU or OTA is very difficult. If you could find OTAs you could pull the preload files from it but you would have to be to find the previous OTAs for your phone.
I can't find a OTA to my version too. Seems like I'm the only one with this version...

I don't know if TMO Germany's site would have the RUU but it would be worth a check.
I did that but only find a RUU for a 5.* version.

I downloaded „M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID O2___102 3.62.206.1“ and copied the /data/preload folder to my device.
The good thing, it took the standard apps, like the flashlight and Soundhound.

But the T-Mobile apps are still missing, for example "TMI_MobileTV_AT.apk".

Last edited by a moderator:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
I downloaded „M7 CWM Nandroid Backup CID O2___102 3.62.206.1“ and copied the /data/preload folder to my device.

You could run the 5. version RUU, this would update your phone and would include all of the preload apps. I think that would be the best option. Since you are S-ON you can run the same version or higher RUUs.

D

Deleted member 5444902

You could run the 5. version RUU, this would update your phone and would include all of the preload apps. I think that would be the best option. Since you are S-ON you can run the same version or higher RUUs.

I finally did it! Without using a RUU.
I figured out with the updater_script the OTA only checks for the existence of the preload files and not the content of it. So I just pulled out the "TMI_MobileTV.apk" from the OTA, renamed it to "TMI_MobileTV_AT.apk" and pushed it to my M7.

Guess what, the OTA finally succeeded and all is going its usual way. Thanks for ya help, maybe this thread will help further people.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
I finally did it! Without using a RUU.
I figured out with the updater_script the OTA only checks for the existence of the preload files and not the content of it. So I just pulled out the "TMI_MobileTV.apk" from the OTA, renamed it to "TMI_MobileTV_AT.apk" and pushed it to my M7.

Guess what, the OTA finally succeeded and all is going its usual way. Thanks for ya help, maybe this thread will help further people.

That is great, glad it worked out for you. I would still download and keep the 5 version RUU. You never know if or when you might need it. :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

T-MOB101
    hboot 1.55

Now the problem.

I take it you have tried firewater and rumrunner without success. There is a new options Sunshine S-OFF but it is a paid option. You are right, finding your version RUU or OTA is very difficult. If you could find OTAs you could pull the preload files from it but you would have to be to find the previous OTAs for your phone. I don't know if TMO Germany's site would have the RUU but it would be worth a check.