Wind Mobile Galaxy S3 (T999) users UNITE

Search This thread

prabjeetmaan

Aug 1, 2012
When u flashed tmobile modem in wind phone.it make backup of ur original modem .can u share it. Cuz I flashed the t-mobile modem more than two time and lost the original modem backup.now I'm also experiencing same problem no bootloop and softbrick just got unknown baseband.
If flash factory firmware it make cell radio unstable and lot hicups and unstable data connection.so plz upload the modem backup file .I really need it.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Already happened to me. Using a Wind T999V on Tmobile down here in the states. Flashed the new TMO modem.
No bootloop or softbrick, just lost ability to use the radio that phone just displays no service, in the settings - modem is Unknown and *#06# IMEI becomes null/null.
Basically turning the phone into an iPod.

When u flashed tmobile modem in wind phone.it make backup of ur original modem .can u share it. Cuz I flashed the t-mobile modem more than two time and lost the original modem backup.now I'm also experiencing same problem no bootloop and softbrick just got unknown baseband.
If flash factory firmware it make cell radio unstable and lot hicups and unstable data connection.so plz upload the modem backup file .I really need it.

Last edited:

djide

Dec 19, 2005
Washington, DC
Oh I see... So to restore I assume you just need to revert to a nandroid backup or stock through ODIN?

No to restore you have to use the modem.IMG backup created when you flashed the T-Mobile modem using the restoremodem.zip in the OP attacked by wildchild. The modem.zip should be at the root of the internal sdcard

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Am so sorry, thought I sent it to you a while back. Let me upload it to my dropbox and I will send you the link.

Reactions: prabjeetmaan

prabjeetmaan

Aug 1, 2012
No to restore you have to use the modem.IMG backup created when you flashed the T-Mobile modem using the restoremodem.zip in the OP attacked by wildchild. The modem.zip should be at the root of the internal sdcard

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Am so sorry, thought I sent it to you a while back. Let me upload it to my dropbox and I will send you the link.

Have u upload the file.cuz I'm sending my phone to Samsung for repair tomorrow.before that I wanna check the backup file that this thing works or not.plz reply as soon as possible.I'm waiting.
And thanks for help:thumbup:

windmobileuser

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
anyone notice sucky battery on the sgs3 with wind?

I've tried stock rom, stock everything

rooting, using custom kernels that's supposed to be better on battery, found it marginally better, but nothing spectacular.. any ideas?

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
Only time I notice a dip is when I've been playing games with Wi-Fi or days on for 4 hours straight lol so I would say it's prob your battery not the phone

Sent from my SGH-T999V

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
another thing for you to try is go out and buy the stand for the s3 you can get it at bestbuy its 40 bucks or something like that and it comes with an extra battery...here is the links for it later today since the bestbuy site is being a ***** if you live in calgary go to memoryexpress and this is what you are looking for http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39837

hoysauce

Jul 31, 2012
:good:
Anyone using a WIND Phone that is running CM10? I'm just wondering how stable it is :D

Hey I'm running the latest version of CM10 (9/8) with LeanKernel v.0.11...honestly i've been running CM10 nightlies for a few weeks now and this is the snappiest it's ever been! Battery life isn't bad either if you're in an area of good wind goverage. Problem with Wind is that there aren't too many consistently strong signal spots in the GTA, so the GS3 uses up a ton of juice trying to look for a signal.. but other than that, give it a shot! :good: :D

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary

Hey I'm running the latest version of CM10 (9/8) with LeanKernel v.0.11...honestly i've been running CM10 nightlies for a few weeks now and this is the snappiest it's ever been! Battery life isn't bad either if you're in an area of good wind goverage. Problem with Wind is that there aren't too many consistently strong signal spots in the GTA, so the GS3 uses up a ton of juice trying to look for a signal.. but other than that, give it a shot! :good: :D

Hmm that's what I've been waiting to p hear

Sent from my SGH-T999V

skizzlegft

Nov 9, 2011
galaxy s3 to wind

hey I am looking to buy a galaxy s3 SGH-i747 and I was wondering if I can work that on wind mobile network?
can someone help me please

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Or can someone give me link to how I can unlock to windmobile my Samsun Galaxy Note I717R originally locked to rogers

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
hey I am looking to buy a galaxy s3 SGH-i747 and I was wondering if I can work that on wind mobile network?
can someone help me please

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Or can someone give me link to how I can unlock to windmobile my Samsun Galaxy Note I717R originally locked to rogers

No just the galaxy s3 t999 or t999v

Sent from my SGH-T999V

dhoai

Sep 3, 2011

How were you able to install the CM10 ROM? I'm getting an error saying that the phone is not "d2tmob". Do I need to do something before installing the ROM?

hoysauce

Jul 31, 2012
Did you root your phone first? I have the latest m build of cm10.

And what version of the galaxy s3 do you have? A t999v?

Sent from my SGH-T999v using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

hoysauce

Jul 31, 2012
It's the t999v from wind mobile and it's rooted.

Okay, if you've already rooted your device I suggest you follow the instructions listed under 'Install CyanogenMod 10 on T999v' in the OP of this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775616

Downloaded the latest CM10 build (9/12 works for me), and make sure you also flash gapps after you have flashed CM10. There are also a few kernels being developed that you can flash on top for better performance and/or battery life. My favourite so far has been LeanKernel, it gets updated pretty often. The link for that is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1845836

It's actually a really simple process once you get started. Good luck!:good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A while ago I was a part of the wind mobile optimus 2x (P999) users UNITE threads so to live on with the legacy I figured I would make a thread for the Wind Mobile Galaxy S3 users:

have fun ask questions, shoot the breeze, and just chill with your windy friends
    Appreciate the help :). So now that radios are out of the question, what about the ROM?

Just fyi, I'm trying to help someone do I think the same thing but for Mobilicity here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2027661

Hasn't been solved yet but thought it may help you as well.
    I'm going to go ahead and try to put out recovery flashable Roms based from the T999V stock firmware. So if nothing else there will be that fairly soon. They'll be deodexed to in case anyone wants to theme or mod or do whstever you want to them.
    Hope some of you find them useful once done!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    ok cool thanks for the help here...

so as far as calender stuff.... can i back it up and restore it, or am i hooped and just stuck losing it? since i have my google stuff, shouldn't it back it up for me? i know when i went from my optimus 2x (un modded) to my sgs3 i just signed into google and everything showed up... won't happen here though or what?

also.....i've been reading about people having to install gapps (google apps i'm guessing?) separately? what's the deal there... do i have to do that? thanks

one other thing i forgot to ask... i've had a few people tell me that, being on wind, i cannot use tmo roms etc like i used to be able to on other phones (apparently) but now it looks like those links above are all tmo roms... i'm confused... am i boing to bork up my phone if i put tmo stuff on it, or no? thanks

well they said that it could cause issues but my old optimus 2x aka g2x worked fine with tmobile roms and btw GS3 is T999 where as the Canadian version is T999V and should have no issues from what i can see if im not mistaken the optimus 2x up here was P990DW where as the tmo version was T990 but the roms and everything were the same for both.

where as for the calendar its prob a loss and yes you install gapps separately but just follow the instruction and it will lead you through everything safely but here is another link just in case :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775616
    I have put together a ROM based on the new Canadian JB release. I am not a real developer just sharing what I have put together for those that are interested. Tried to get most of the features from Frosty that I miss when we updated.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2060613
    Official T999V JB update

OFFICIAL Samsung rollout begins Fri, Dec 14, 2012 !!

twitter notifications:
    Samsung Mobile CA
    GALAXY S III owners! @Mobilicity, @Videotron & @WINDMobile will start receiving Jelly Bean on Fri. with a staggered rollout into next week!

Vidéotron
    La mise à jour Android 4.1.1 "Jelly Bean" du Samsung Galaxy S III sera disponible à partir de demain et sera déployée de façon progressive!