[OEM] Galaxy S5 Sound Files - UI, Alarms, Ringtones, Notifications

Search This thread
R

Resolute Blue

Cheers for that. I do wonder though why Samsung hasn't been a bit more creative with new alert tones rather than just continuing with similar sounds in their latest flagship. I can understand they'd be interested in trying to stand out and maintain a unique "Samsung" tone with a few of these alerts the way an iPhone can be recognized by the sound of it unlocking or receiving an sms. I don't know, I guess it just gets a bit old after some time. At least we can create and use our own custom tones for our devices right? ;)

Mart1an

Nov 8, 2011
Cheers for that. I do wonder though why Samsung hasn't been a bit more creative with new alert tones rather than just continuing with similar sounds in their latest flagship. I can understand they'd be interested in trying to stand out and maintain a unique "Samsung" tone with a few of these alerts the way an iPhone can be recognized by the sound of it unlocking or receiving an sms. I don't know, I guess it just gets a bit old after some time. At least we can create and use our own custom tones for our devices right? ;)

I definitely agree with you there. Samsung has definitely lacked creativity of sounds. TW isn't perfect but I can stand it more than other manufacturer's skins but I always felt they could do better all round. For example (off topic) for some reason I just can't stand the app drawer button being all the way to the right and hate not being able to change it. Small things like that and new sounds are things Samsung overlooks. They could easily dominate the market with TW if they would just implement more things.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: micmars
R

Resolute Blue

I definitely agree with you there. Samsung has definitely lacked creativity of sounds. TW isn't perfect but I can stand it more than other manufacturer's skins but I always felt they could do better all round. For example (off topic) for some reason I just can't stand the app drawer button being all the way to the right and hate not being able to change it. Small things like that and new sounds are things Samsung overlooks. They could easily dominate the market with TW if they would just implement more things.

I'm sure they fear losing a level of control on TW. Maybe they're afraid that if they allow folks to change things like the app drawer button too many would change it to the point where it doesn't look like "TW" and therefore it's not being "advertised" properly because other people would see that customized layout. That being said, it's a moot point because users can fully customize their Samsung devices with other launchers anyway so why not just unlock TW to be fully customizable?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who are interested, here are the original Samsung Galaxy S5 sounds files.

Ringtones, UI, Alarms, & Notifications

I extracted the audio files from the official Chinese Galaxy S5 tar file. :)

https://db.tt/baKFlyZQ