Is anyone having issues flashing Aroma ROMs on 4.4.2 Rooted?

Search This thread

sanjsrik

This is my device at this point:

1. Rooted 4.4.2
2. Stock T-Mobile ROM
3. I can flash SinLess ROM v2.1.2 with no issues after reboot

ANY Aroma ROM I try to flash (for example, DARTHSTALKER_NOTE3_V6), after reboot after installing results in a bootloop at the Samsung screen.

Are NONE of the Aroma ROMs not working on the T-Mobile Note 3?

I would really like to flash the DARTHSTALKER_NOTE3_V6 but can't if I can't get past the Samsung screen on a bootloop.

Any help would be most appreciated.

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Darthstalker is a 4.3 base ROM. It won't work on a 4.4 bootloader, which is what you have if you took the OTA or flashed the Odin 4.4 package. It's not Aroma, it's just that most of the Aroma installer ROMs haven't been updated to 4.4 yet. And Samsung made the bootloader incompatible, so once you are on 4.4, you can't boot a 4.3 ROM.

Same with recovery. Make sure you flash 4.4 bootloader versions of TWRP/CWM or it won't boot.

Reactions: sanjsrik

sanjsrik

so what IS a 4.4.2 with Aroma and NOT AOSP?

Darthstalker is a 4.3 base ROM. It won't work on a 4.4 bootloader, which is what you have if you took the OTA or flashed the Odin 4.4 package. It's not Aroma, it's just that most of the Aroma installer ROMs haven't been updated to 4.4 yet. And Samsung made the bootloader incompatible, so once you are on 4.4, you can't boot a 4.3 ROM.

Same with recovery. Make sure you flash 4.4 bootloader versions of TWRP/CWM or it won't boot.

Thank you for the insight, I was seriously under the (wrong) impression that DeathStalker was a 4.4.2 ROM. I really didn't know.

IS there a list of 4.4.2 stock rooted ROMs with Aroma? You wrote "most of the Aroma installers haven't been updated to 4.4 yet." Which have? It's very confusing because honestly, i was looking and didn't see that DeathStalker was a 4.3 ROM. I went back and looked and noticed a bunch of JB stuff in the list of enhancements which gave it away.

Well, if anyone can suggest a good stable 4.4.2 ROM with Aroma and not AOSP, I want to keep the SPEN functionality that is still missing in CM. Although I do LOVE CM. Used it religiously on my S3.

thank you in advance.

Last edited:

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I honestly don't know of any that have. Any reason you want an Aroma installer? It's not like you see it after the install is done. Most modded stock ROMs will list the "base" ROM they started from in the OP. Check that, and if it's a 4.4 base, it will likely work fine on your 4.4 bootloader phone. There's going to be a bit of a rough patch for a while as the ROMs get updated and users get updated. You just have to read up on each one to verify before installing. Just do a thread search for "bootloader" or "4.4" and read some of the posts. Chances are, it's been asked and answered in the thread if you look.

I'm just running a rooted stock build without Knox/CIQ, the stock ZIP that teshxx posted in the dev forum. Then just used Titanium Backup to un-install any bloatware I didn't want. Add a few Xposed modules, and it's a quite good ROM.

If you like CM, the SPEN does work. It acts a bit like a mouse. It's the built-in apps that don't work. You can replace the functionality of many of them. But if you really like some of them, that's not a great option. I ran CM/AOSP builds for a while, but decided the stability of a stock ROM was more important to me right now. I'll probably be back on CM after a while. I like the speed boost from the slimmer ROM.

sanjsrik

Awesome reply

I honestly don't know of any that have. Any reason you want an Aroma installer? It's not like you see it after the install is done. Most modded stock ROMs will list the "base" ROM they started from in the OP. Check that, and if it's a 4.4 base, it will likely work fine on your 4.4 bootloader phone. There's going to be a bit of a rough patch for a while as the ROMs get updated and users get updated. You just have to read up on each one to verify before installing. Just do a thread search for "bootloader" or "4.4" and read some of the posts. Chances are, it's been asked and answered in the thread if you look.

I'm just running a rooted stock build without Knox/CIQ, the stock ZIP that teshxx posted in the dev forum. Then just used Titanium Backup to un-install any bloatware I didn't want. Add a few Xposed modules, and it's a quite good ROM.

If you like CM, the SPEN does work. It acts a bit like a mouse. It's the built-in apps that don't work. You can replace the functionality of many of them. But if you really like some of them, that's not a great option. I ran CM/AOSP builds for a while, but decided the stability of a stock ROM was more important to me right now. I'll probably be back on CM after a while. I like the speed boost from the slimmer ROM.

What a thoughtful and excellent reply. Thank you very much. I'm looking at MyROM Revolution and may download that.

Honestly, I wanted Aroma because it seemed so much more customizable upon installation rather than taking the vision that a dev had for the ROM they created. I may well be wrong and thank you for the update on CM and SPEN, good to know. I just didn't check out the official CM thread as I had heard no SPEN support yet.

I'm running Sinless ROM and while good, it has a certain non-customizable feel to it. Just looking for something lighter, just not as light until everything is stable of CM.

thank you and if anyone has any suggestions for any 4.4.2 ROMs with (or without) Aroma please pass them on.

Is there a list of 4.4.2 ROMs that are compatible?

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
What a thoughtful and excellent reply. Thank you very much. I'm looking at MyROM Revolution and may download that.

Honestly, I wanted Aroma because it seemed so much more customizable upon installation rather than taking the vision that a dev had for the ROM they created. I may well be wrong and thank you for the update on CM and SPEN, good to know. I just didn't check out the official CM thread as I had heard no SPEN support yet.

I'm running Sinless ROM and while good, it has a certain non-customizable feel to it. Just looking for something lighter, just not as light until everything is stable of CM.

thank you and if anyone has any suggestions for any 4.4.2 ROMs with (or without) Aroma please pass them on.

Is there a list of 4.4.2 ROMs that are compatible?

Dude, you want the best customizable ROM out right now. Head over to the international forum for X-NOTE . Won't even tell ya just head on over you'll be surprised yourself m8

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

sanjsrik

X-NOTE? Where is it?

Dude, you want the best customizable ROM out right now. Head over to the international forum for X-NOTE . Won't even tell ya just head on over you'll be surprised yourself m8

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A few questions:

1. Where is the international forum for the Note 3?
2. Where can I find a link to the X-NOTE ROM? (I searched at the top-level of T-Mobile Note 3 forums and found nothing in results)
**UPDATE: IS THIS THE FORUM? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2472301
3. Is the international X-NOTE ROM compatible with the T-Mobile device and if so, what is lost/not working in the international version that exists in the T-Mobile version?

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

chuko303

Dec 24, 2011
colorado
A few questions:

1. Where is the international forum for the Note 3?
2. Where can I find a link to the X-NOTE ROM? (I searched at the top-level of T-Mobile Note 3 forums and found nothing in results)
**UPDATE: IS THIS THE FORUM? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2472301
3. Is the international X-NOTE ROM compatible with the T-Mobile device and if so, what is lost/not working in the international version that exists in the T-Mobile version?

thanks in advance.

It's that one. N look at there questions&answers thread has how to flash it basically download wifi nfc blue tooth fix and wootevers kernel. Wipe of course. Flash rom(CSC is default and also choose NO kernel) one done go on and flash wootevers kernel then the wifi fix. Zip should be a go I did it reverse and wifi was bad flashed it again all gravy

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Oh also the side effect I had. It deleted everything in my internal so make sure you put the kernel and wifi fix on ext SD so you'll hace it available. You'll eventually get your pictures back and music too but not 3rd downloads from the net or apps like wallpapers of screen shots. Be aware

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.