[Q] Charge Time

Search This thread

superTard

Aug 20, 2014
Okay. I apologize if this has been covered *blushface*.

I have recently rooted my note III. I love the functionality but hate the amount of time it now takes to charge. It is taking more than eight hours to get a full charge. I figured out how to manage the charge to avoid multiple charge times within a day. So plainly stated. How do I get a shorter charge time? I would like to wake up with a full charge!

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
I am using the Note 3 charger. usb 3.0 cable and the OEM samsung charger. I am using the DK ROM as well

Then unfortunately u have a substantial problem my friend.

The supplied 2a charger charges at a rate of 2000mah (milliamps per hour).
The N3 battery's capacity is 3200mah.

If u drain 3000mah leaving only 200, it should only take 1 1/2 hours to reload 3000mah
(these are not "exact" numbers, but pretty close).

If it's taking you 8 hours to put 3000 mah into ur N3 batt, you have a problem with something -
8 hrs charge time should supply 16,000 mah (over 5 times the amount needed)

Last edited:
Reactions: superTard

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
What do your battery stats say?
Does your device stay charged like it used to? Is it possible you set something up to do work while only plugged in and charging?

Tried another 2 amp charger?
Tried another wire?

What programs did you grant root to?
Have you ran a malware scan?

There are a lot of variables here to examine.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: superTard

superTard

Aug 20, 2014
Does your device stay charged like it used to? Is it possible you set something up to do work while only plugged in and charging?

Tried another wire?

Thank you all for the advice. I looked into the battery stats and everything seemed normal.

The battery was performing almost as efficient as with the stock ROM. I wouldn't expect exact performance from a custom ROM OOBE from prior experience. I was not perfectly happy with the DK ROM that i flashed and suspected that the ROM may be the issue. I decided to try the Alliance ROM.

POST Alliance ROM: Battery is charging like normal again. Performance is pretty standard. Problem resolved.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

P.S. Genjo Enterprises Apps are pretty stellar. i live in a rural area with limited data coverage and the internet booster app makes a huge difference!

superTard

Aug 20, 2014
Your reply, while making me a little jealous, has neither added anything of substance or value to the topic of resolving my issue. Please troll on another thread topic.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

superTard

Aug 20, 2014
Well I would agree if it had not been stated in a confrontational read between the lines way. Been trolled before and it feels a lot like that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2 to 3 hrs for mine to go from 10% to 100%.

Are you sure your using the supplied power supply? It has 2amp output.

Read the output stats to your charger please!
    I am using the Note 3 charger. usb 3.0 cable and the OEM samsung charger. I am using the DK ROM as well

Then unfortunately u have a substantial problem my friend.

The supplied 2a charger charges at a rate of 2000mah (milliamps per hour).
    The N3 battery's capacity is 3200mah.

If u drain 3000mah leaving only 200, it should only take 1 1/2 hours to reload 3000mah
    (these are not "exact" numbers, but pretty close).

If it's taking you 8 hours to put 3000 mah into ur N3 batt, you have a problem with something -
    8 hrs charge time should supply 16,000 mah (over 5 times the amount needed)

Tried another wire?