R/W problem [solved kinda]

Search This thread
I've got a problem and can't seem to find a fix.
Been rooted and s-off for a couple weeks now.
I started out getting rooted through htc dev unlock and flashing Capt's recovery (the one that erased everything). I installed Viper and after some persistence a good guy talked me into s-off.
No problems.
Last night I decided to get crazy and try a new ROM. I chose Bad Boyz cause OMJ always seems like a legit person.
So to my problem in the best details possible (my apologies if all this is unnecessary)...
I did a backup (of course) and installed Bad Boyz ROM. During setup I hit a bump. HTC was restoring my setup and apps and it got stuck so I rebooted. Immediately after that I finished setup and then Google play kept giving me an "error 920".
I went into recovery and using Capt's 2.7.0.7 twrp fixed permissions. That didn't work. I restored my Viper backup. That didn't work. Using Titanium Backup I wiped Google play store data then cache. That worked!
However, one problem solved a bigger one arises.
I no longer have the ability to move files from internal sd to external.
I've tried everything I can think of. I've checked on ES File Manager it says it's R/W but fails when tried. Same with Root Explorer and FX.
I've wiped and reinstalled Viper but same problem.
I've read MassStash's thread and tried to go into system/etc/permission/platform but it already shows as rw.

So I'm stumped. Can anyone help?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
I started out getting rooted through htc dev unlock and flashing Capt's recovery (the one that erased everything). I installed Viper and after some persistence a good guy talked me into s-off.
No problems.
Last night I decided to get crazy and try a new ROM. I chose Bad Boyz cause OMJ always seems like a legit person.
So to my problem in the best details possible (my apologies if all this is unnecessary)...
I did a backup (of course) and installed Bad Boyz ROM. During setup I hit a bump. HTC was restoring my setup and apps and it got stuck so I rebooted. Immediately after that I finished setup and then Google play kept giving me an "error 920".
I went into recovery and using Capt's 2.7.0.7 twrp fixed permissions. That didn't work. I restored my Viper backup. That didn't work. Using Titanium Backup I wiped Google play store data then cache. That worked!
I've tried everything I can think of. I've checked on ES File Manager it says it's R/W but fails when tried. Same with Root Explorer and FX.
I've read MassStash's thread and tried to go into system/etc/permission/platform but it already shows as rw.

Sir, simple I had same issue... When I open ES Explorer, I find the Root Explorer Option, tick it off, Exit out go to Superuser and clear any ES Explorer opinion you find. Go open ES Explorer and press back key when it asks for Root Permissions, go to Root Explorer option and tick it back on, accept Root Permissions! Then you press and hold on Root Options, It'll pop up a R/W menu where you can remount system, and external card, etc... If that doesn't do it it's got me beat!!

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: stovo06
Sir, simple I had same issue... When I open ES Explorer, I find the Root Explorer Option, tick it off, Exit out go to Superuser and clear any ES Explorer opinion you find. Go open ES Explorer and press back key when it asks for Root Permissions, go to Root Explorer option and tick it back on, accept Root Permissions! Then you press and hold on Root Options, It'll pop up a R/W menu where you can remount system, and external card, etc... If that doesn't do it it's got me beat!!

EVOuser94 you better quit calling me sir! Make me think I'm old lol.
Not sure what the issue was. Just one particular file that appeared when changing ROMs wanted to be stubborn. Finally just deleted the file and put it behind me.
Thanks to Vinchenzop from the Viper team on the HTC Max & EVO 4g lte and MassStash for assistance in helping a brother out. Think I'd still be messing with it if it weren't for them ?
Anyway problem (kinda) solved

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Not sure what the issue was. Just one particular file that appeared when changing ROMs wanted to be stubborn. Finally just deleted the file and put it behind me.
Thanks to Vinchenzop from the Viper team on the HTC Max & EVO 4g lte and MassStash for assistance in helping a brother out. Think I'd still be messing with it if it weren't for them ?

Lol, you could always delete the file in recovery.... But yeah, what's the kinda part about still?

Reactions: stovo06
2 words for you...
Root Explorer :D
Has never failed to do anything I have asked it to do.
Best $3-4 bucks I;ve ever spent.

Got it.
Strongly agree.

Lol, you could always delete the file in recovery.... But yeah, what's the kinda part about still?

Never figured out why it wouldn't move (with ES, Root Ex, or FX Ex). So I just said f it and deleted the folder. So problem (kinda) solved lol.

Check out TheMikMik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No problems.

2 words for you...
    Root Explorer :D
    Has never failed to do anything I have asked it to do.
    Best $3-4 bucks I;ve ever spent.

Got it.
    Strongly agree.

Never figured out why it wouldn't move (with ES, Root Ex, or FX Ex). So I just said f it and deleted the folder. So problem (kinda) solved lol.

Check out TheMikMik

Lol, fair enough....