[ROM] E3DLight 1.1 | 2.3.7 | AOSP | Development suspended

Search This thread

Adiost

Dec 4, 2010
Moscow
im using this rom these days too and itll be my daily rom for now because its just simple, lightweight and fast :)

but it seems that i can´t receive text messages :S
i don´t know why, someone experiencing the same problem?
Can you describe your problem a bit more?
How do you know you don't receive SMS? Did you test it yourself? Have you tried to text yourself? Have you tried it on another ROM/phone? How is it, just nothing happens or you get some kind of error? Did you wipe your /data before the install? Which kernel are you using?

Reactions: beafraid88

beafraid88

Jan 21, 2012
Aachen
thx for the quick response.
i downloaded a sms app from the market and therefore i deleted the orginal messaging app (i always got 2 notifications) , perhaps thats why it worked first right after flashing the rom.
i just reflashed the rom and its fine again :)

btw, is there a gpu driver patch to flash which works with this rom?

Last edited:

Adiost

Dec 4, 2010
Moscow
thx for the quick response.
i downloaded a sms app from the market and therefore i deleted the orginal messaging app (i always got 2 notifications) , perhaps thats why it worked first right after flashing the rom.
i just reflashed the rom and its fine again :)

btw, is there a gpu driver patch to flash which works with this rom?

I'm glad you resolved everything yourself.
No, GPU driver you've heard of is a driver for Ice Cream Sandwich. It has no use on Gingerbread.

Adiost

Dec 4, 2010
Moscow
logo.png

E3DLight 2 is coming in mid-june ;)

Adiost

Dec 4, 2010
Moscow
I was going to release the second version in mid-july, but that didn't happen because I came up with an idea to change the whole philosophy. I'm developing ROM which isn't just super fast and responsive, but also it is going to be comfortable to use. On AOSP/CM9 there's a huge lack of features, necessary for comfortable everyday use of the phone. The first preview of E3DL2 is going to be based on current TeamEvo CM9 (abragen/sec_fry) builds, and it will be intended to test features, related to post-compile work, such as apps and speed/stability tweaks. But without any doubt, i'm already testing my own build, made with another toolchain, which makes ROM ALOT faster, but it could also cause severe instability.
And just in case, sec_fry (dev, who compiles that nice CM9 rom for all of us) is supporting my project and he's glad to provide a base for a first preview.
That's all for now.

ercineker

Jul 1, 2012
Safranbolu
I was going to release the second version in mid-july, but that didn't happen because I came up with an idea to change the whole philosophy. I'm developing ROM which isn't just super fast and responsive, but also it is going to be comfortable to use. On AOSP/CM9 there's a huge lack of features, necessary for comfortable everyday use of the phone. The first preview of E3DL2 is going to be based on current TeamEvo CM9 (abragen/sec_fry) builds, and it will be intended to test features, related to post-compile work, such as apps and speed/stability tweaks. But without any doubt, i'm already testing my own build, made with another toolchain, which makes ROM ALOT faster, but it could also cause severe instability.
And just in case, sec_fry (dev, who compiles that nice CM9 rom for all of us) is supporting my project and he's glad to provide a base for a first preview.
That's all for now.

sign me up for testing :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    e91af523b8ace6f1584f911abc134305.png

The only available AOSP Gingerbread ROM for EVO3D ;) Lightning fast and super lightweight

ATTENTION! THIS ROM IS NO LONGER BEING DEVELOPED! IT'S NOW LICENSED UNDER WTFPL 2.0 LICENSE. YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO WITH IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

Features:
    - Android 2.3.7 AOSP
    - CyanogenMod 7 Settings, Theme Chooser
    - GPU UI Rendering (HW Acceleration)
    - Dozen of RAM and Dalvik scripts improving overall perfomance
    - Insanely fast boot time
    - EXT4 Partitions
    - CRT Animation
    - EStrongs File Manager
    - Sliding Keyboard (by Xboarder56)
    - Adfree
    - Multilingual
    - Kick-ass fast and battery saving
    - Working camera (ONLY ON 5MP&2MP DEVICES!!!)
    - Busybox, latest SU etc.
    - Badass kernel by cile381

Known bugs and issues:

Download:

READ: I'm not a magician, I can't make things work just by swiping around my magic wand. ROM development, especially AOSP ROM development on such device as Evo 3D, is really hard and requires lots of sleepless nights of trying and debugging. Respect it, please. When I tell you I'll release a new version in 1 day, it DOES NOT mean that it's 100% accurate. This is nothing but an approximate date of release. I warned you, do not dare to blame me for delays.

E3DLight 1.1
    Download (90MB)
    MD5: 3AA48DAEBBDBCD42B111A7CFCE239DB4
    Recommended Radio: 10.59.9020.00_10.15.9020.06
    Latest version
    E3DLight 1.0.1
    Download (93MB)
    MD5: E68B8537A097AF96B7BD660E5F53D12A
    THIS VERSION IS OBSOLETE; BUG REPORTS WOULD BE DISREGARDED
    E3DLight 1.0 Final
    Download (125MB)
    MD5: 6BA62DD4F2065A81F9093296E4CAD79A
    INSTALLER WIPES DATA! BE CAREFUL!

E3DLight Release Candidate 1.0
    Download (100MB)
    MD5: 2BDD1E2ADC03DBD019FED2592291C833
    App Crash Fix

E3DLight Pre-release 0.9.1
    Download (<100MB)
    MD5: 0A9A2E961807A168B21069815C9A8F89

E3DLight Pre-release 0.9
    Download (<100MB)
    MD5: C548151A2497132BFAC7370807552349

E3DLight Alpha 0.1
    Download (<100MB)
    MD5: 7C0E293086E96B2896990D83C6A3F142

You can contribute to this ROM in many various ways, check out the post #2 ;) If you do something cool, you will be mentioned there!

I'm forced to enter this text since the stuff above is technically a quote. Anyway, don't pay attention to this. Thank you.
    vvv CONTRIBUTION SECTION IS IN THE BOTTOM PART OF THE POST vvv

E3DLight Changelog

E3DLight 1.2
    - CDMA version; GSM skipped​

E3DLight 1.1
    - Updated kernel
    - Reduced ROM size
    - Unnecessary apps deleted
    - Bluetooth fixed

Kernel changelog:
    - Updated Lagfree and Interactive governors
    - Fully fixed multitouch
    - Added zsl camera support​

E3DLight 1.0.1
    - SystemUI.apk fixed
    - 30MB of rubbish deleted
    - android app for camera check released, check 1st post​

E3DLight 1.0
    - tweaked a bit more
    - lots of bugs fixed
    - call drop bug finally fixed
    - HD recording fixed
    - new kernel
    - new bootanimation​

E3DLight 1.0-RC1
    - recompiled
    - system I/O tweaks
    - more system tweaks
    - insanely fast boot time
    - freezed call drop screen fixed
    - GPU overheat fixed
    - bootloops caused by network state change fixed
    - camera fixed for 5MP&2MP devices
    - front facing camera fixed
    - bluetooth totally broken :(
    - screen font size slightly increased
    - messaging app returned to stock
    - new E3DLight bootanimation​

E3DLight 0.9.1
    - build.prop fixed​

E3DLight 0.9
    - Wifi fixed (thanks to Ganii)
    - Audio fixed (thanks to Ganii)
    - Bluetooth probably fixed (need to confirm)
    - Battery status fixed (thanks to Ganii)
    - More system tweaks
    - Camera is now more stable (still doesn't work on 5mp+5mp)​

E3DLight 0.1
    - Initial release​

CONTRIBUTION

Since I'm developing this by myself, I really need some help with this ROM. If you appreciate my work, you can contribute in one of these ways:

Donation
    You can buy me a beer, beer helps me work with ROM more effectively ;) Any amount would be appreciated, every single cent! To donate, find a "Donate" button above my userpic to the left of my message.

Current list of donators:
    Arbelzapf - $5.00 USD
    doom666 - $10.00 USD
    michaelp23 - $10.00 USD

Development
    I got to admit, this ROM isn't perfect, at least yet. I would appreciate any help with development.

Currently, these things need to be fixed:
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera on 5MP&5MP devices

Feel free to contact me via PM if you have any solution.

Current list of helping developers:
    Ganii - helped with WiFi and Audio
    doom666 - pointed out the nature of call drop screen freeze bug
    johnnyslt - fixed HD video recording

Using this ROM
    The biggest help you can give me is just using this ROM ;) If you're using E3DLight as a daily-driver, you're my hero, you're making me feel like I need to develop this ROM more ;) Also, users are cool because they report bugs and other crap, testing is the essential part of the development!
    That's all for now.
    logo.png

E3DLight 2 is coming in mid-june ;)