[PORT][CM 7.2 N2 camera for nightlies/RC/ThemedCM7] :D

Search This thread

Umang96

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
Trettet already posted the fix, please search forums before you repost the same fixes, especially if pulling files from other peoples Roms.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1587870

trettet provided the files from latest CM sources and I've provided the fix from adam's old CM files(i.e. from CM 7.2 N2 kang) I did it because the cam quality and auto exposure were bad with latest CM sources, and with my fix, they are much better.. Hence, the two fixes are different... Please don't post before understanding anything properly.

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
trettet provided the files from latest CM sources and I've provided the fix from adam's old CM files(i.e. from CM 7.2 N2 kang) I did it because the cam quality and auto exposure were bad with latest CM sources, and with my fix, they are much better.. Hence, the two fixes are different... Please don't post before understanding anything properly.
No he provided the files that are from Adfads N2 Rom that differ from the current Cm 7.2 RC1, which in term fix camera exposures and rotation bugs. Exactly what you did, check his flashable zip, you will find the exact same files you took.
So yes, please research before posting, as I personally understand everything properly

Last edited:
Reactions: ashishv

Umang96

Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
No he provided the files that are from Adfads N2 Rom that differ from the current Cm 7.2 RC1, which in term fix camera exposures and rotation bugs. Exactly what you did, check his flashable zip, you will find the exact same files you took.
So yes, please research before posting, as I personally understand everything properly

The names of files are obviously the same but, the difference lies in their code and sizes, so please try both the fixes before posting and wasting mine and your time, and ask trettet also, he took the files from a different KANG(i.e. provided by adam before about 1-2 months) and mine are from N2 and you may check both the zips, libs are having same names but different sizes ;)

Last edited:

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
Ok thank you for explaining it better, as from your description and trettets description it seemed identical.

Sandipkim

May 31, 2011
Jeruselam
Hey guys,
I hav RC1+ThunderVN....video starting takes 4-5 secs...(I know it's known problem but here ppl claiming they don't hav this problem thats why I'm asking)
Plz help guys!

Umang96

Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
Hey guys,
I hav RC1+ThunderVN....video starting takes 4-5 secs...(I know it's known problem but here ppl claiming they don't hav this problem thats why I'm asking)
Plz help guys!

it's a bug with RC1, other ROM's are not having it.. but don't worry, you are still able to record and click pics at better quality than before

Reactions: Sandipkim

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
Works as described thanks, was a toss up between using Oxygen or back to CM7.1, but both of those have issues with accessing files transfered via adb sometimes. CM7.2 RC1 doesnt have this and now the camera is much clearer, thanks

seriousia

Jan 31, 2011
I dont use this feature personally but just reporting the bug
Zoom while recording does not work.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

deniso177

Aug 27, 2011
camera itself is real battery hogger :p
and never minimize cam, always exit it with back boutton ;)
And never force close Camera app or any app that uses sensors(GPS, Accelerometer), by force close I mean using Task killers, or that Cm development option of force closing with a back button.
The reason is that the sensor will keep running and keep the phone awake the WHOLE time, until you restart your phone.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

It ain't supported on p500
Yes it is supported, it works for me using the other Kang fix by trettet

Umang96

Oct 1, 2011
New Delhi
And never force close Camera app or any app that uses sensors(GPS, Accelerometer), by force close I mean using Task killers, or that Cm development option of force closing with a back button.
The reason is that the sensor will keep running and keep the phone awake the WHOLE time, until you restart your phone.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Yes it is supported, it works for me using the other Kang fix by trettet

will update the zip if I'm able to do something with it

bantamdraper

Dec 4, 2011
umangleekha,

Do you have any idea how difficult it might be (or if it's possible at all) to port this camera fix to popdog's Oxygen rom? I tried replacing oxygen libs with the N2 libs (after doing a backup!) just to see the results. Camera worked great but video recording froze. I wouldn't know where to start in order to get things working properly (that's assuming it's possible at all of course).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts