[06/22/08]WM6.1 for ASUS P525(Latest OS 5.2.19591 AKU1.1.6 by PDAMobiz)

Search This thread

ducatman

May 29, 2007
Amiens
hello
congratulation for your work.
I use rom WM5 on my asus P525 and I will like to find a ROM WM6 in French

knowing your work, it is possible to translate a ROM WM6 into French.
while esperant that that is possible, I you remerci by advance on behalf of French community ASUS p525

naser404

Jan 7, 2007
Dubai
Vibranze,

First i would like to thank you for the great support you provide us for the Asus P525, im currently using your WM6 vanilla rom.

Now i've always faced an issue trying to get GPRS & also MMS settings working in my region ( UAE, Dubai) even with WM5 & had to take it to the Asus guys to get it working.

This time when i sent my P525 with WM6 for setting GPRS & MMS they were shocked & said that its the first time they've seen WM6 on a P525 & obviously i gave credit to you bro. Still they couldnt get it working this time with WM6.

Now my question is, is it a problem with WM6 ? Did anyone get GPRS & MMS working with your ROM? If so then any idea if there is a fix for it?

I do have a file from the Asus guys with GPRS & MMS settings for my region.

Again thank you for your continues support, we all owe you.

Regards,
Naser

Vibranze,

This time when i sent my P525 with WM6 for setting GPRS & MMS they were shocked & said that its the first time they've seen WM6 on a P525 & obviously i gave credit to you bro. Still they couldnt get it working this time with WM6.
it's not official firmware - and no support for this form asus.
Now my question is, is it a problem with WM6 ? Did anyone get GPRS & MMS working with your ROM? If so then any idea if there is a fix for it?
no ... and seems will be not (system dll-s cannot be rewriten by repackagers) . wait for official wm6 in august - may be not in your lnguage - but when it's out - that will be retranslated to english .
it's not helping for gprs will be active ... problem in dll as described above

second_east

Apr 24, 2007
Vibranze,

First i would like to thank you for the great support you provide us for the Asus P525, im currently using your WM6 vanilla rom.

Now i've always faced an issue trying to get GPRS & also MMS settings working in my region ( UAE, Dubai) even with WM5 & had to take it to the Asus guys to get it working.

Again thank you for your continues support, we all owe you.

Regards,
Naser

It MIGHT be the radio needs to be updated. Well, thats my experience with my Himalaya. When i upgraded my XDA2 from WM 2003SE to WM5, the GPRS did not functioning well and was only fixed by updating the radio.

naser404

Jan 7, 2007
Dubai
it's not official firmware - and no support for this form asus.

I understand that, i just have a good relation with Asus & i thought they might configure GPRS & MMS fo me.

no ... and seems will be not (system dll-s cannot be rewriten by repackagers) . wait for official wm6 in august - may be not in your lnguage - but when it's out - that will be retranslated to english .

I highly doubt Ass is going to release a WM6 for the P525, infact thje reason they came out with the P526 was exactly that.

it's not helping for gprs will be active ... problem in dll as described above.

Ok, so i guess no one so far has GPRS nor MMS working on WM6, but i was hoping that its not that big of a deal & thought maybe Vibranze could do something about a fix.

vibranze

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 22, 2007
Singapore
vibranze.blogspot.com
Together with the release of WM6 Beta2 ROM by AsusMobile.ru, I also want to release the Lite version, hope you guys like it.

Vibranze WM6 Beta2 Lite:
- Removed *.rgu
- Removed Guava Bubbles.tsk
- Removed *.lnk (left coldinit.lnk & celecommand.lnk)
- Removed *.htm (left read_mtgreq.htm,read_note.htm,read_sms.htm,read_vcard_sms.htm,compose_mtgreq.htm,compose_note.htm,compose_sms.htm,compose_vcard_sms.htm,evbruntime.htm,WiFiManager0409.htm)
- Removed Transcriber.Exe,TranscriberSip.Dll,TraRecoEnu.dll,TraRes0409.96.dll,TraRes0409.dll,TraShapeSelector.Exe,T9RussianLdb.dll
- Removed fexplore.exe,SecretArchive.exe,Profile.exe,Profile.exe.0409.mui,ProfileToday.dll,RestoreDefSettings.exe,RingTone.exe,hotvoice.exe,BSwitch.exe,BSwitchSet.exe,Wakeup.exe,Welcome.exe,Launchman.exe,Catalog.exe,BubbleBreaker.exe,solitare.exe
- Removed cyberon (AudioGain.dll,BSRTTSCom0.dll,Digit.dll,TTS0.dll,TTSData0.bin,TTSData0.dll,TTSMgr.dll,VSRDLL.dll)
- Removed Waterfall.jpg,Flower.jpg
- Added CeleTask,CeleCommand,Ssnap,ClearTemp,Hibernate,Torch,PIM Backup,Cecmd

Donwload Link (w/o Chinese Support): http://rapidshare.com/files/46458772/Vibranze_WM6_Beta2_Lite.7z
Download Link (w/ Chinese Support): http://rapidshare.com/files/46469929/Vibranze_WM6_Beta2_Lite__Chinese_Support_.7z

Vibranze WM6 Beta2 Pristine (Updated):
- Lite + Removed CeleTask,CeleCommand,Ssnap,ClearTemp,Hibernate,Torch,PIM Backup,SMSDRFix,Windows Live
Download Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/49054543/Vibranze_WM6_Beta2_Pristine.7z

Vibranze WM6 Beta2 Premium:
- Lite + Chinese Support + Resco Explorer, Resco Photo Viewer, AudioNotes, Mobireader, GSPlayer.
Download Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/47329260/Vibranze_WM6_Beta_2_Premium.7z

PS: I'm a ROM cooker, not a ROM creator so for those who requested to translate the ROM to certain languages and to fix the GPRS issues, I'm really sorry that I can't help you guys.

Cheers,
Vibranze

Attachments

• Screen001.jpg
    Screen001.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen002.jpg
    Screen002.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen003.jpg
    Screen003.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen004.jpg
    Screen004.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

jackleung

Apr 10, 2005
USA
Thanks Dear Rom cooker. So, you left those reclaimed space wasted? :)

Anyone knows why this beta2 version take 10mb more Rom space than the last one? Where's those space goes?

Last edited:

LiquidStorm

Feb 18, 2007
Lviv
LG G4
LG G8X ThinQ
No. I mean ROM space (62mb left vs. 72mb left from previous version). Pagepool use RAM space only,
This is because Misar (original WM6 ROM builder) has changed compression type for firmware from LZX (older, best compression, slower decompression) to SRPX (new, originally used in WM6 ROM's, not so good compression ration but faster decompression). Later, with Release version of WM6 ROM, compression will be LZX again.

LiquidStorm,
moderator & co-administrator of ASUSMobile.RU

vibranze

Feb 22, 2007
Singapore
vibranze.blogspot.com
This is because Misar (original WM6 ROM builder) has changed compression type for firmware from LZX (older, best compression, slower decompression) to SRPX (new, originally used in WM6 ROM's, not so good compression ration but faster decompression). Later, with Release version of WM6 ROM, compression will be LZX again.

LiquidStorm,
moderator & co-administrator of ASUSMobile.RU

Hi LiquidStorm,
Nice to see you here:)

Is it because of this, the buildimgfs is becoming very very fast?

Cheers,
Vibranze