Free VPN working with Android (Hotspot Shield)?

Search This thread

coldsteal

Feb 5, 2007
Would like to use more than PPTD

I setup a RV220W (cisco) at my home. I can get PPTP to work fine. However I can not get another connection to work. For security reasons I do not want to use a public paid or free service. I have a pretty good home network so why not use it. I know that PPTP is not the best security but it does work and should keep the amateur at bay.

When I use PPTP it refuses to allow auto reconnect. That is really my biggest issue.

If anyone has this working with the 4.x.x android (I use a Samsung Tab 2 10.1 & a HTC 1 from at&t).

I have run out of options.

Works fine on my roommate mobile....he is using stock rom and has never flash any rom...i think problem is with kernel bcoz it doesnt work on my cell

Rose Ab

Jan 7, 2014
www.brokerviewer.com
Hotspot Shield is Free... you might wanna give it a try

I don't recommend a free VPN app at all. Cause such providers are more likely to log your activities and serve contextual ads while you're connected. They're also more likely to use your usage habits to tailor future ads to you, have fewer exit locations, and weak commitments to privacy so if logging and privacy are important to you, you may want to avoid them.
As far as I remember purevpn has an android app that worked perfectly when I was in china.

Rebecca James

Dec 30, 2014
No Way Free VPN Sucks

i am a victim of Hotspot shield, be honest with you guys it was really frustrating experience of my life. its comes with thousands of advertorial content as well low quality. connection error and dis connectivity is the biggest reason that people trying to find some other resource for it. from while now i'm using PIA VPN which is really really cheap VPN provider, that gives enormous speed, connectivity and usage. the best part is it will comes with smart DNS which is something out of the world. compatible with every device you are using with, android, iphone, PC whatever!

Rebecca James

trippymanni

Dec 12, 2014
Any cheaper solutions for android? not looking for something free but would definitely be interested in some sort of a discount

Ritase

Apr 27, 2016
I always recommend people to use paid vpn . free vpns are insecure they can not protect you, paid vpn can secure your privacy. free vpn slow your speed, result is lack of bandwidth. Paid VPN providers invest on bandwidth and servers.

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
I always recommend people to use paid vpn . free vpns are insecure they can not protect you, paid vpn can secure your privacy. free vpn slow your speed, result is lack of bandwidth. Paid VPN providers invest on bandwidth and servers.

I was going to create thread on this. Glad I used search first. I have no problems paying for 1. I just have no clue which ones are worth the money. Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk 2

Manokhan

Mar 18, 2016
I was going to create thread on this. Glad I used search first. I have no problems paying for 1. I just have no clue which ones are worth the money. Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My 2nd choice would be Private internet Access, which is cheap in pricing but has huge numbers of servers. The 1st choice will be Expressvpn which is not so cheap but it has huge number of servers and great support. still working with Netflix USA and it will also allow you to download torrents with the best speed.

Reactions: Ritase and milski65

Ritase

Apr 27, 2016

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTEI]
If you ask me about android VPN, i would never recommend any free services, because it will pops out lots of ads which will slow down your Android device. Free version also comes with lots of restrictions in features which you can never avail. I would highly recommend Cyberghost for free VPN seekers, but it will comes with some flows:
  1. Connection will disconnect every 3 hours
  2. It will not allowed you to choose your desire location
  3. First time connectivity is really slow, like it will take about 3 for 4 mins to connect with difficult server location
For paid and unlimited anonymous connection i would highly recommend fastest VPN service for Android, it will give you the list of top 5 VPN service, which are completely compatible with Android Os, and it will also provide fastest and anonymous VPN connection. The best part is the apps of those provider are really lite and responsive.

Let me know your thoughts about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: milski65

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
@Manokhan@Ritase thanks for the info. Went with PIA for starters.. A learning curve. Regardless, feel good about getting on program with everyone else. Windows laptop I can't get to download yet. Nexus 7 really struggling on downloads. I'm in condo complex with Direct TV, so we'll see. Again, appreciate your help.

Alexa.anthony

Nov 10, 2017
Chicago
I tried configuration Hotspot Shield VPN (https://digitbitz.com/vpn/android/) that works fine on iPhone but I just can't make it work on Android.
Do you use Hotspot Shield with Android or do you know any other free VPN?

I Think the problem is Kernel Related, cause I have tried several and with some kernels VPN connections works and with some it doesn't, still I have only managed to connect not browse... :(

Try to configure NordVPN and expressVPN free trial, these are best in these days...

Last edited:

mabrar92

Mar 6, 2017
Alternatives

I tried configurating Hotspot Shield VPN (http://hotspotshield.com/clientless/iphone/get_started.php) that works fine on iPhone but I just can't make it work on Android.
Do you use Hotspot Shield with Android or do you know any other free VPN?

I have been using hotspot shield for quite a while but recently i have discovered a better alternative. here is the original thread of the KODE VPN.

https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/kode-vpn-free-secure-proxy-vpn-t3926247

EmBlackEm

Jul 28, 2020
Hi,
I tried a lot of different services but they do not suit me. They do not perform the VPN functions that I need. Recently I found a list of the best VPNs for protecting users on the Internet. Recommend this article.
Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Free Android VPN Service for Non Root Users

Create Free Account at Raptor VPN
    Activate the account from your email
    Now on to your ANdroid Device:
    Settings -> Wireless and Networks
    Click VPN Settings
    Click Add VPN
    Select Add L2TP/IPSec PSK VPN
    Enter VPN Name: RaptorVPN
    Enter VPN Server: l2tp.spotflux.com
    Set IPSec pre-shared key to "raptor"

Save your settings
    Now connect to "RaptorVPN" from the VPN menu

Screencaptures available at http://www.abtevrythng.com/2012/01/100-free-working-android-vpn-service.html
    I tried the same but with no luck :(

Anyone else ?? :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Working android / iphone vpn

try raptorvpn.com - they offer unlimited free pptp and openvpn connections. Works on my iphone! :cool:
    You might also be interested in trying DroidVPN we are currently under beta testing. No config files is needed just install and click the connect button.

My 2nd choice would be Private internet Access, which is cheap in pricing but has huge numbers of servers. The 1st choice will be Expressvpn which is not so cheap but it has huge number of servers and great support. still working with Netflix USA and it will also allow you to download torrents with the best speed.