[Q] Screen not working - what could it be?

Search This thread

NikolauZi

Feb 19, 2012
Hello,

I was using the Photon Q, closed the slider, wanted to reopen it - but the screen did not turn on anymore. It didn't fall down, no water accidently came into contact with the phone but the screen was off. However, the phone was still working (I was able to call it) and when guessing where the unlock button on the screen is, I got the vibrating feedback. So obviously, there's something wrong with the screen.
However, it's not the cable connecting the screen with the device (which would have been the worst case scenarion according to CornholioGSM).

Any other suggestions or would you just try to replace the screen?

Thanks!

CornholioGSM

Apr 13, 2005
Prague
Hello,

I was using the Photon Q, closed the slider, wanted to reopen it - but the screen did not turn on anymore. It didn't fall down, no water accidently came into contact with the phone but the screen was off. However, the phone was still working (I was able to call it) and when guessing where the unlock button on the screen is, I got the vibrating feedback. So obviously, there's something wrong with the screen.
However, it's not the cable connecting the screen with the device (which would have been the worst case scenarion according to CornholioGSM).

Any other suggestions or would you just try to replace the screen?

Thanks!

...when you slide out keyboard and then press any button screen wakes up?
If yes then test magnetic sensor - it is under space bar

NikolauZi

Feb 19, 2012
...when you slide out keyboard and then press any button screen wakes up?
If yes then test magnetic sensor - it is under space bar

Well... If I slide out the keyboard, the screen is instantly awake. I can feel it, as I can guess where the unlock button is and unlock the screen. Do you want me now to wait in order to let the screen go off again and then wake it up with a hardware button from the keyboard? And after that: how do you want me to test the magnetic sensor?

Thanks!