[Q] T-Mobile Mytouch4g slide Dock

Search This thread

gtny930

Oct 14, 2010
Has anyone purchased the official dock for this phone? I was wondering if it is worth $49.99 from T-mobile.

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area
I have. It's extremely great quality. You're paying for one of the sturdiest docks ever.

It's definitely expensive, but it's definitely high end quality.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

jaboles

May 24, 2011
I bought one when I bought my phone about 2 weeks ago, but returned it a couple days later. Sure, it's a sturdy, but it doesn't have any dock functionality. To me, it's a glorified plug. It doesn't trigger anything on your phone that plugging in a charger doesn't.

Totally not worth the $50 to me. I ended up making my own "dock" with an old credit card, cardboard, and duct tape.

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
I bought one when I bought my phone about 2 weeks ago, but returned it a couple days later. Sure, it's a sturdy, but it doesn't have any dock functionality. To me, it's a glorified plug. It doesn't trigger anything on your phone that plugging in a charger doesn't.

Totally not worth the $50 to me. I ended up making my own "dock" with an old credit card, cardboard, and duct tape.

I think he's referring to the car dock.

Techlvr

Aug 31, 2011
Gilbert, AZ.

I want to see a picture of that. :)

jaboles

May 24, 2011
I think he's referring to the car dock.

Oh, if so, my bad. I figured most car docks are universal, and I spent $50 on the desktop one.

I want to see a picture of that. :)

I can't seem to post links to external sites since I haven't posted enough, so forgive the formatting, but the image can be found here: goo [dot] gl [forward slash] TRgvi

That picture was taken last week. It has more duct tape to smooth out the edges and make it "prettier" and more sturdy. I think found the "make a credit card a phone dock" on Lifehacker or something. It worked great for landscape, but putting the phone in the dock in portrait made it tip over, so the cardboard was added for stability.

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
11%20-%201.jpeg

Reactions: Anthonayy

Anthonayy

Oct 25, 2010
Dallas
@rorytmeadows
I like how you went ahead and made what Jaboles described :D. AND THEN took a picture of it.

EDIT: whoops didn't read Jaboles' previous post.
NICE STUFF Jaboles!

Last edited:

jonnycat26

Feb 16, 2008
Anybody ever consider making one of these using something like InstaMorph, or would I be the first to try?

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008

jonnycat26

Feb 16, 2008
If it had speakers, I'd definitely get it. But $25 for the phone standing on it's side isn't worth it at all.

The MT3GS dock had a line out port, and you could stream to it via bluetooth. I've no idea if this dock has it or not, as I can't find any documentation on it anywhere.

For 25 bucks, I'll take a shot and see what it's got. It was, after all, a 50 dollar accessory originally, so maybe it's got the BT after all.

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
The MT3GS dock had a line out port, and you could stream to it via bluetooth. I've no idea if this dock has it or not, as I can't find any documentation on it anywhere.

For 25 bucks, I'll take a shot and see what it's got. It was, after all, a 50 dollar accessory originally, so maybe it's got the BT after all.

You mean stream from it?

Well in that case, maybe...Can anyone confirm documentation of this dock?

elister

Dec 31, 2010
Seattle
I don't know if anyone's still interested in the MT4GS dock, but it's down to 24.99 on amazon:

That's a much better price than the 50 they originally charged for it, and I've already ordered mine. :)

Yeah I got it from another site for the same price, defiantly the same dock and now worth the price. 50$ was way too much to pay. It will either dock to USB or dock to charge, one or the other. It has no speakers for playback. Its basically a vanilla dock.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts