send to Chromecast by default in apps?

Search This thread

Jonnyapps

Oct 20, 2011
Is there a way to have apps such as Netflix send to Chromecast by default?

I have a tablet dedicated to chromecast control but have to tell it to use chromecast each time in each app.

I'd settle for having to tap the cast icon each time but that I have to then specify which chromecast to send to when I only have one is infruriating.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
Is there a way to have apps such as Netflix send to Chromecast by default?

I have a tablet dedicated to chromecast control but have to tell it to use chromecast each time in each app.

I'd settle for having to tap the cast icon each time but that I have to then specify which chromecast to send to when I only have one is infruriating.

While I'm sure it could be done but it wouldn't make sense to do because what happens when you want to watch something on the tablet or phone?

Consider this...With the right TV the two Cast button presses are in lieu of having to change the input on the TV since selecting a CCast will change the input for you and even turn the TV on if it was off.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Also, as mentioned elsewhere, the Cast button is designed to a pop-up menu, giving the option to disconnect, as well as see the label of the Chromecast.

I can understand the convenience, but I actually prefer the two-tap, with the AllCast beta which supported "always use this Chromecast" for single-click use, I had accidentally tapped and turned on the TV. Then I had to get the TV remote to turn the TV off, since Chromecast doesn't do that.