Cyanogen 11 Nightly [ROM] on L720T...

Search This thread

cyberz3r0

Dec 2, 2009
Reading
www.plugcast.com
Was not sure exactly where to post this but after testing the latest nightly CM11 I can report it works well I felt like I was taking a shot in dark heard some people say there was no roms for T series version of phone.... I am not using spark or anything with triband so dunno how it will work for other users.... Seems very stable... Just thought id share for those of us with what seems like a rare version of this phone...

ROM
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jflte
GAPPS
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

CWM Touch Recovery 6.x
1. WIPE
2. ROM
3. GAPPS
4. REBOOT

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
Was not sure exactly where to post this but after testing the latest nightly CM11 I can report it works well I felt like I was taking a shot in dark heard some people say there was no roms for T series version of phone.... I am not using spark or anything with triband so dunno how it will work for other users.... Seems very stable... Just thought id share for those of us with what seems like a rare version of this phone...

ROM
GAPPS

CWM Touch Recovery 6.x
1. WIPE
2. ROM
3. GAPPS
4. REBOOT

While TouchWiz is driving me absolutely insane, I want the options of TDD-LTE and SMR LTE when it comes to my area. I haven't heard of any devs working on ROMs for the device. Maybe reach out to the maintainer to see if they will build for the device to support Triband.

foganime

Aug 9, 2011
I have Spark, and eCSFB has never worked right once when running a non-TouchWiz ROM on the L720T.

Makes my phone a nice data modem, but a paperweight when it comes time to make a phone call or send a SMS.
Losing Wi-fi calling / texting also sucks.

mikeberding

Dec 11, 2012
Does this work on nc6?

I have been noticing that people have been leaving out details that are important.

Which recovery and rom do i need for nc6 4.4.2.... You know, the wifi calling update?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

Daisflaque

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
www.pc2yew.zohosites.com
I have had spark speeds on several AOSP roms. To my knowledge and as far as all my testing has proved.. the spark and or triband functionality of our phone WORKS on ANYTHING. From TW roms to CM and AOSP. All have worked time and time again. ;)
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cyberz3r0

Dec 2, 2009
Reading
www.plugcast.com
Its my general understanding that all tri-band does is give you 2 extra frequencies... That being said... I have no problems running CM11 on L720T I can get sms messages and make phone calls I do not have any issues with anything else wifi or bluetooth other then crashing when using IR functions. My data is nice and fast....

I would like to start developing a rom for L720T to take advantage of spark tri-band its just hard at the moment with the limited user base... More people seem to develop more for the variants of S4 but not the T sniff sniff.....

If there are other developers with this phone that wants to put the brain power together I am down to make it happen...

GVOICE SMS - 14847069412

*If you send me dumb messages I will ignore you looking for serious developers not noobs with 50 questions.

:fingers-crossed:

Reactions: MikeWjF

bryguy9021

May 20, 2014
All asop roms work on triband. Just not tw roms. But noone wants tw or u wouldnt be on xda in 1st place lol

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
How are you able to test if tri-band is working while using a ROM?

The data connection is established at the modem level, standard Android APIs allow the ROM and Kernel to communicate with the Modem for all data transfers. As long as the modem can communicate with a cell site that supports B26 or B41 LTE or B10 CDMA 1xA, the ROM doesn't care. It just uses the transport.

Reactions: MikeWjF

maneex007

Apr 22, 2017
i got a sph-l720t n i am looking for a custom rom last 2 weeks, i am new, n my phone is dead now, i couldn't find a correct rom for l720t, all i could find was for l720 and the above link seeems to be dead, can i get an updated version, thankyou

thedeceivingeye1

Jul 29, 2017
i got a sph-l720t n i am looking for a custom rom last 2 weeks, i am new, n my phone is dead now, i couldn't find a correct rom for l720t, all i could find was for l720 and the above link seeems to be dead, can i get an updated version, thankyou

Hmm, sorry if I'm late, but if you're looking for a blazing fast rom for the l720 (also for l720t) go for the ported Google Play Edition rom on XDA. I believe it has optimizations for the S4 as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ROM
    GAPPS

CWM Touch Recovery 6.x
    1. WIPE
    2. ROM
    3. GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    Its my general understanding that all tri-band does is give you 2 extra frequencies... That being said... I have no problems running CM11 on L720T I can get sms messages and make phone calls I do not have any issues with anything else wifi or bluetooth other then crashing when using IR functions. My data is nice and fast....

I would like to start developing a rom for L720T to take advantage of spark tri-band its just hard at the moment with the limited user base... More people seem to develop more for the variants of S4 but not the T sniff sniff.....

If there are other developers with this phone that wants to put the brain power together I am down to make it happen...

GVOICE SMS - 14847069412

*If you send me dumb messages I will ignore you looking for serious developers not noobs with 50 questions.

:fingers-crossed:
    How are you able to test if tri-band is working while using a ROM?

The data connection is established at the modem level, standard Android APIs allow the ROM and Kernel to communicate with the Modem for all data transfers. As long as the modem can communicate with a cell site that supports B26 or B41 LTE or B10 CDMA 1xA, the ROM doesn't care. It just uses the transport.