[UTIL][PC][15.10.2010] ADB Magic v1.0

Search This thread

curbsam

Nov 13, 2010
Doesn't seem to work on the HTC Desire Z, I fulfil all the criteria with busybox, net 3.5, superuser, root/s-off etc.

Help?!

Psyraven

Nov 21, 2010
Hi Chainfire

Not sure if this app is still maintained but I have a request.
I'd like another tab that shows adbshell, su, cat /proc/kmsg.
The kernel log also has some kind of error level in the first column that could be used for coloring like in the logcat view.
(Maybe make it optional because it would require another persistent adb child task)

It would also be cool to have an exclude filter besides the include filter. Because I'd often rather exclude stuff like touch screen events to find some error that I don't know yet exactly what it says or one that is related to other messages in the same time-frame.

Or release the source I'd add it myself :)

Thanks anyway for this nice tool,
Psyraven

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Interesting suggestions. I am currently working on some other projects but still actively use ADB Magic, so... Source may also be released, not sure about that. It's a bit of a mess :)

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
It doesn't seem to work on Huawei U8100 :(

EDIT: I spoke too soon; it works :D

Last edited:

MrHassell

Dec 10, 2010
Melbourne
innertech.com.au
thank you!

Really nice app and would only have the suggestion of perhaps adding drag and drop of files in Explorer;

System.IO.Path.GetTempPath()

From here you can obviously do more around inter-op and build a class with helper methods based on extension.. I'd like to add this in if you are up for it?

Merry Christmas & Happy New year 2011

Glen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a BETA version and will have issues

About
    I got tired of using ADB by hand for a lot of operations, and thought well hey let's write something for that. I know about DDMS and ADB Explorer, but they aren't always exactly what I want/need.

BETA
    Yeah this is a beta version and will have issues.. No warranty, use at your own risk, etc. I'll try to update this in the future. I have a lot of ideas of things to add/improve/fix still.

Requirements and Recommendations

- Required: .Net 3.5 framework
    - Required: A working "adb shell" setup

- Recommended: writable /sdcard
    - Recommended: root (via su) - note that a lot of things should work without root, but I haven't done any extensive testing on that
    - Recommended: busybox

Features

- (also root) Explorer
    --- View / Edit files directly in Notepad (optionally converting dos<->unix newlines)
    --- Retrieve / add / replace files
    --- Rename / delete/ chmod/ chown / checksum
    --- New directory / symlink
    - Locate (find all filenames matching a certain string)
    - ADB shell
    - ADB logcat
    - ADB (command log)
    - Packages
    --- Install package (system copy, user copy, ADB install, with or without ODEX, etc)
    --- List / backup / remove user and system packages

Retrieving / viewing / editing / replacing / adding files all use workarounds to be able to do this to files that cannot be directly pushed/pulled by ADB, but this functionality does depend on busybox being available.

Donate!
    Donations appreciated, you can do so here: http://www.jongma.org/dx.php

Install
    Extract the ZIP and put the EXE in the same folder where you have ADB. Also make sure your phone is working with the normal "adb shell" command.

Usage notes
    - Please make sure your device is connected in USB debug mode before using ADB Magic !
    - Please make sure you do not have the SD cards mounted to your PC !

- This has been developed only with a Galaxy S, so I'm not sure how well it'll work with other devices :)

Download
    << 1.0, 625
    very nice! works with xdandroid on tp1.