Bootloop with broken ClockworkMod

Search This thread

cecay

Jul 20, 2013
I messed up my phone a while ago by trying to update to 4.4 while being S-off. Due to several things I ended up with a phone that stays in a bootloop. I can still get to the Fastboot Menu, but even when I try to go into Recovery the phone boots and for a fraction of a second I can see the Clockworkmod Logo before the devices reboots again (so I assume I messed up Clockworkmod as well).
So I tried to sideload Clockworkmod via USB but ADB doesn't seem to recognize the phone in Windows 8. I installed the official HTC package, but the device doesn't show up when I use 'adb devices', so I can't sideload anything (phone was connected to a USB 2.0 port on the rear panel). I tried the same thing on my MacBook Retina with Windows 7 on Bootcamp, same problem. I read there might be problems with USB3 but my MacBook doesn't have USB2 ports any more. I havent tried getting into my phone in OSX or Linux yet since I couldn't find a decent guide, I only know a few basics with the Unix terminal.
Can anyone give me any tip how to get my phone to work again? I also have a USB OTG Adapter, maybe that helps?

Here is a video of my phone with the Clockworkmod Logo bootcycle (can't post links yet so please copy-paste it).
youtu.be/TjG50x7EcUw

Attachments

• Fastboot.jpg
    Fastboot.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 483

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I messed up my phone a while ago by trying to update to 4.4 while being S-off. Due to several things I ended up with a phone that stays in a bootloop. I can still get to the Fastboot Menu, but even when I try to go into Recovery the phone boots and for a fraction of a second I can see the Clockworkmod Logo before the devices reboots again (so I assume I messed up Clockworkmod as well).
So I tried to sideload Clockworkmod via USB but ADB doesn't seem to recognize the phone in Windows 8. I installed the official HTC package, but the device doesn't show up when I use 'adb devices', so I can't sideload anything (phone was connected to a USB 2.0 port on the rear panel). I tried the same thing on my MacBook Retina with Windows 7 on Bootcamp, same problem. I read there might be problems with USB3 but my MacBook doesn't have USB2 ports any more. I havent tried getting into my phone in OSX or Linux yet since I couldn't find a decent guide, I only know a few basics with the Unix terminal.
Can anyone give me any tip how to get my phone to work again? I also have a USB OTG Adapter, maybe that helps?

adb doesn't work in the bootloader .. never has

Post results of fastboot getvar all minus you SN and IMEI
Download TWRP 2.6.3.3 > http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
flash it (unless you have a sprint or Verizon phone Then STOP)

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

your bootloop should be gone now boot to recovery and adb should work fine again

Reactions: cecay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb doesn't work in the bootloader .. never has

Post results of fastboot getvar all minus you SN and IMEI
    Download TWRP 2.6.3.3 > http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7
    flash it (unless you have a sprint or Verizon phone Then STOP)

fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

your bootloop should be gone now boot to recovery and adb should work fine again