ICS a place to chat

Search This thread

dj_idol

Jul 23, 2010
So.. Yeah i flashed ICS alpha 6. I was on 4 before i flashed 6. I followed some dudes instructions to do a factory reset then flash the rom, then gapps then boot up. I got up to hitting the button to put my gmail info in and it made the video split into 2 and i could never get past that point. I def recommend if you are going to use alpha6 to completely wipe. Wipe Dalvik cache. Then do the rom. Boot it up. Then reboot into recovery to flash gapps. Will let you guys know how its performing. Hopefully its as awesome as alpha 4. I just could never get maps working in 4.

I have a similar problem. I flashed a6, everything booted up and ran fine (cleared data/cache/etc.). Then I rebooted into recovery, wiped davlik, cache, battery stats, and flashed gapps. Phone booted up fine but no matter what I do my phone always freezes up during the intro screen (add account). I've tried sign-in, do it later, etc. etc. and I always get sent to a blank screen and the only thing I can do is hit menu and "Wireless Settings" comes up and just allows me to choose roaming options, I can't do anything else. I've tried reflashing the rom as well as gapps 4 times and always get the same results...

dsuffern

Nov 18, 2011
Chicago, IL
Let me preface this by saying I appreciate all the hard work all the dev's have done on these builds, and they are all pretty good in their own respects, but JaredtheGreat's ICS rom v2.3, which I'm running right now, is easily my favorite. It's running smoother for me than any of the other builds from deck or platt and I'm having absolutely no issues with fc's, etc. I'd definitely recommend trying this one out if your having any issues with the other ICS builds

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Let me preface this by saying I appreciate all the hard work all the dev's have done on these builds, and they are all pretty good in their own respects, but JaredtheGreat's ICS rom v2.3, which I'm running right now, is easily my favorite. It's running smoother for me than any of the other builds from deck or platt and I'm having absolutely no issues with fc's, etc. I'd definitely recommend trying this one out if your having any issues with the other ICS builds

:edit my mistake they do have an ics build.

The reason its so stable is that it is only a heavily themed version of 7.1. It does have a few ics features yet it is not ics. Not trying to bad mouth a good rom here but don't want anyone thinking it is something it's not.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: nemoid

Azathothify

May 24, 2011
I have been impressed with the speed at which the ICS ports are coming along as well. I have noticed that pretty much all of my google info is syncing properly with the exception of my calendars which was previously noted as well. From looking at the forums it doesn't seem like everyone is having this problem, but it's still an alpha :) I haven't seen any workarounds for them but I haven't looked too hard either, my daily is a sense rom and I use boot manager to play around with them. So far I have been able to get both ICS ROMs to boot in boot manager if anyone else is interested in testing them.

detection

Mar 22, 2011
Long Island
Hey guys, I'm currently running P4 of the Evervolv ROM. I've been using it as my DD since it came out, I LOVE ICS.

I've been keeping an eye on Deck's ROM as well, and see P7 was just released. Does anyone think it'd be worth it to flash that? At this point I'm really just waiting on the camera, so I could probably just stick with what I've got till there's a ROM that gets camera working. But if Deck's is really that much better...

Last edited:

vulcan001

Sep 27, 2011
Aisle 10
I tried platypus' ics rom & i agree its a good rom. I used it as my daily for a bit but flashed over to decks & ive been stuck on a4 since. Hoping to flash over to a7 as soon as its finished downloading.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I been on miui for a few days now but decided to try a7 and see how deck did. What I noticed right out of the gate was a few blurred icons in the top bar. Plus many odd screen displays. things would garble like four screens in one with major distortion. I used plats rom for 3 days with no issues. ics has been fun to play with but I think I shall return to miui until a beta is released. side note: there are rumors of miui ics at the beginning of the year. it is already on one phone so far. :) (nexus s)

Last edited:

Biteme_nfs

Sep 23, 2011
Hillsboro OR
I flashed Decks A7 last night and it is a huge step in stability, and the calender sync is working without doing the workaround. Incidentally A8 is out and looks like SU is not playing nice, so I'm holding at 7 til that's resolved.

dsuffern

Nov 18, 2011
Chicago, IL
The reason its so stable is that it is only a heavily themed version of 7.1. It does have a few ics features yet it is not ics. Not trying to bad mouth a good rom here but don't want anyone thinking it is something it's not.

Well clearly here you're the one who is mistaken, there's an ICS build, not the mod, that Jared came out with....So before you try and make me seem like I don't know what I'm talking about, take some time and read through the threads...thanks

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Well clearly here you're the one who is mistaken, there's an ICS build, not the mod, that Jared came out with....So before you try and make me seem like I don't know what I'm talking about, take some time and read through the threads...thanks

Opps my mistake. I did look at it. They have one. Not trying to make anyone look bad. :-(

edanono

Dec 14, 2011
Flashed Jaredthegreat's 12-16 release yesterday and love it. Camera is working!. Only issues are a couple of FC on scoremobile and lockscreen does not show sometimes. I can still unlock the phone like it is there... the screen is just black.

DAnono

blackout513

Dec 12, 2011
Cincinnati
Flashed Jaredthegreat's 12-16 release yesterday and love it. Camera is working!. Only issues are a couple of FC on scoremobile and lockscreen does not show sometimes. I can still unlock the phone like it is there... the screen is just black.

DAnono

Can we get screen shots of the camera working? That would be nice Ive been running Decks 4A four a couple of weeks now and i'm impressed with progress.

dsuffern

Nov 18, 2011
Chicago, IL
Opps my mistake. I did look at it. They have one. Not trying to make anyone look bad. :-(

No worries lol my bad for snapping at you about it, just want more people to recognize Jared's hard work on an actual ICS rom and not his ICS mod for 2.3.7. It seems like every time I post about it people always tell me he doesn't have a ICS build, which in fact is not true. Sorry to come off like a jag though. Enjoy your ICS

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

I'm using Jared's build too and the camera isn't working for me, have you done anything in addition to just flashing the rom to get that to work? Other than that I'm not having the other issues you are either...

edanono

Dec 14, 2011
Battery life seems a little short. Off the charger at 7am and nearly dead now.

Attachments

• screenshot-1324328299476.jpg
    screenshot-1324328299476.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 49

DerSchniffles

Dec 20, 2011
Bellingham
I tried decks yesterday evening after hearing how awesome and smooth it was...it wasnt smooth for me at all. I really wanted to see some hardware acceleration action and it was the exact same as my DD rom....I even flashed it twice to make sure I didnt do something wrong. I will wait for a few more releases before trying again but im glad others are having really good experiences with it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I thought I would start a page for everyone trying out the new beloved ICS alpha roms to talk. This way the developers can work and their pages stay clean.

I have installed the latest preview 1 plus the zip labled as hardware acceleration. plus the inivisable tweaks. This thing is running like a champ now. the keyboard is responsive. I turned off the animations and forced the 2d gpu settings. I also have v6 supercharger installed. Been running for almost 4 hours without any random reboots. 3d games will suck but the 2d ones are running good.

Is there an ICS build that works all the way?

I'm not sure what you mean by "all the way," but if you mean front facing camera, camcorder, 4G, etc.... then no. Not even close.

If you mean something that is usable as an everyday device, then yes. They are very stable, very smooth, and very fun to use. Pretty much all of them are roughly the same right now. They almost all have full hardware acceleration, camera (with some slight bugs), and are slick and stable.

My personal favorite at the moment is the latest build of the AOKP (Build 31). It is unbelievably smooth - by far the most responsive ROM my phone has ever seen. Only one reboot I believe, and that could be kernel-related because I wasn't using the stock kernel (I tried the Mason 0.14 SBC non-fso kernel, which is awesome for battery life by the way).
    Preview 4
    What I have found that works
    sms
    wifi
    1x
    3g
    Bluetooth
    calls
    gallery
    hardware acceleration
    gps
    sound
    moms
    headphones

What does not work or work correctly

camera
    4g (not that it will ever work for me Cricket does not support it)

this is all I have had time to test.

I would like to thank all the developers for all their had work. This is great so far!!

:edit my mistake they do have an ics build.

AOKP vs. MIUI.

So I'm currently checking out AOKP to compare it to the latest MIUI where I came from. I'm using NOVA launcher for both. To begin with they're very similar (Of course coming from the same code base). Both have the same issues (Front camera, Video recording, and Netflix don't work. Buttons don't light up. Battery consumption is very high). Other than that most everything seems to work.

AOKP seems a bit faster and I do like some of the customization options they provide with ROM control. Some of these don't seem to work for me or maybe I'm doing something wrong, but anything related to the lockscreen doesn't seem to work (i.e. Lockscreen style, volume music controls, fast torch, etc).

Even with ROM Control MIUI is still ahead when it comes to customization options. Themes still don't apply correctly in MIUI and a few options are missing as compared to the last GB version. A matter of preference I guess, but I still like the MIUI dialer way better than even the latest ICS dialer.

Bottom line is right now I'm undecided whether to stay with AOKP or go back to MIUI...They're both daily driver material for me as I don't need Netflix or Camcorder on a regular basis. I'll jump on whichever release the next version first.

Edit: My battery usage was very high, but after I did Battery Calibration it seem actually pretty decent. Right now standing at 30% after 15+ hours with moderate use. Torch still doesn't work by pressing the home button.

Just a note Jared has just put up a MIUI based ICS..it's in beta so there will be some glitches..but if you like MIUI might be worth a look..it on his site blazing-rom