Sense 5 ROM q/a thread.

Search This thread

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
Can you use this Command if you're not currently on this rom?

It may be possible...
http://db.tt/oRY401r1
Paste this file in /system/bin and set permissions to match the rest of the files there. Reboot and try. Let me know if it works...

Edit: It doesn't work on aosp atm but it should work on sense. I'll have to edit the script for it to work on aosp because of how it handles SD card mounting.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: AarSyl

AarSyl

It may be possible...
http://db.tt/oRY401r1
Paste this file in /system/bin and set permissions to match the rest of the files there. Reboot and try. Let me know if it works...

Edit: It doesn't work on aosp atm but it should work on sense. I'll have to edit the script for it to work on aosp because of how it handles SD card mounting.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

I'll give it a shot. Give me a few minutes, and I'll get back to you.

Edit @ 8:51a: s5port is a no-go. Not sure if my permissions are wrong or something. I tried.

Last edited:

AarSyl

Ok, I downloaded the file through the stock browser, and it downloaded as a txt file. I retried with Firefox, and it downloaded correctly. After a reboot, I got this message after trying:

Download complete!
Building .zip.../system/bin/s5port: line 55: cd: /sdcard2/.sense5port/evo-4g-lte-sense5-port.googlecode.com: No such file or directory /system/bin/s5port: line 56: zip: command not found
.zip built sucessfully!
Cleaning up...EVO_4G_LTE_Sense_5_Port\_09_04_13@09_01_AM.zip located on the
root of your external sdcard!
SVN revision 145
sed: can't create temp file '/system/build.propki6066': Read-only file system

Happy flashing :D
BOOM!
sh-4.2#

Last edited:

jayare313

Jun 15, 2010
Detroit , Mi.
Ok, I downloaded the file through the stock browser, and it downloaded as a txt file. I retried with Firefox, and it downloaded correctly. After a reboot, I got this message after trying:

The zip is on the the root of your sd card. Make a bkup then wipe and flash.

First boot will stay on "One" splash screen for awhile( like 5+ or so minutes) Just let it do its thing.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

AarSyl

The zip is on the the root of your sd card. Make a bkup then wipe and flash.

First boot will stay on "One" splash screen for awhile( like 5+ or so minutes) Just let it do its thing.

That's not the problem, and the file isn't on the root of my sd. I'm currently running Sense 4.

The entire process took approx. 25 secs to fail. I edited my post to display the lines that I believe are the cause of this issue.

Last edited:

jayare313

Jun 15, 2010
Detroit , Mi.
That's not the problem, and the file isn't on the root of my sd. I'm currently running Sense 4.

The process took approx. 25 secs to fail.

Oh. Missed that part. You can try again...or....I found the older zip online via Google search and just updated that.

bodyshop

Jul 10, 2010
Hey guys been a while since I checked in here. Question. Has the FFC or Bluetooth been fixed yet?

Sent using a TN Goodness S3 Hybid

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer

Download complete!
Building .zip.../system/bin/s5port: line 55: cd: /sdcard2/.sense5port/evo-4g-lte-sense5-port.googlecode.com: No such file or directory /system/bin/s5port: line 56: zip: command not found
.zip built sucessfully!
Cleaning up...EVO_4G_LTE_Sense_5_Port\_09_04_13@09_01_AM.zip located on the
root of your external sdcard!
SVN revision 145

Happy flashing :D
BOOM!
sh-4.2#

PhyscoAssassinx

Jul 15, 2008
New York
Hey guys been a while since I checked in here. Question. Has the FFC or Bluetooth been fixed yet?

Sent using a TN Goodness S3 Hybid

Bluetooth had been fixed Idk about ffc

Edit: sorry wrong thread (Damn tapatalk) the new build that's currently being worked on has Bluetooth and stock quick settings

Sent from my EPAD using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Reactions: hotbbq

mhajii210

Sep 19, 2011
Chrome and geolocation

Hi guys. Please see my link at https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/chrome/6cmOEVXxERo. I am still having this problem on the latest Sense 5 port r145! Chrome geolocation works perfectly on CM10.2. I was thinking about getting a HTC One, but does that phone have the same problem with Chrome??? Is there any way to fix this bug? This only happens with Chrome. Stock browser and Dolphin are able to detect my location.

mhajii210

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There seems to be allot of questions out there. Figured put some of the most common answers, and questions in a easy to reach place here in the Questions And answers section. this OP will continually be updated from here forward. ill try to sort them to the best of my ability based on how frequently questions are asked.

Please make sure if you are reading this to see if your issue is present, that you have preformed a clean flash of this rom every time until it comes out of beta, as dirty flashes are at this moment unpredictable.

THEY HAVE REMOVED THE PUBLIC BUILD FROM THE OP DUE TO TOO MANY PEOPLE POSTING WRONGLY IN THE DEV THREAD!! FLASHABLE ZIP AND SVN GUIDE BELOW. DO NOT POST IRRELEVANT INFORMATION IN THE DEVELOPMENT THREAD, CHECK HERE TO SEE IF YOUR QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED, THEN ASK GENERAL. IF NOT PLEASE PREPARE A LOGCAT AND POST ACCORDINGLY.

Sense 4.+ kernel warning
    Q- It seems like my minimum Values i set jump all the way up to 1ghz instead of where they are set at, is this a known problem and is there a fix?
    A-this is a known problem and i believe it is due to it being a sense 4.+ kernel. I still get wondefull day long battery life but this is not the same for every user. Please take this into account if you use a sense 4.+ kernel.

S-on quick warning
    Q- I keep getting asked for a binary update in SuperSU, and each time the installation fails, what should i do in this situation?
    A- Some users have reported this and so far, the fix actually has been listed by therealpnut. The instructions for the fix are to Update SuperSU to latest, It will then allow you to update the binary on S-On.

Q- I get stuck in a boot loop or power cycle when i try to install the rom and i am S-on. Is there a better way to install it for S-On users currently?
    A- Yes, there is an application called HTC dumlock v2 that will allow you to install Roms/Kernels as if you were S-off, while S-on. Download the 2 files for the universal version here, http://www.teamw.in/project/htcdumlock, Instructions are as stated below, youll have to scroll down just a little.

Instructions:
    1. flash file 1 install-htcdumlock.zip
    2. Boot current rom.
    3. Run htc-dumlock v2, grant it super user permissions it will say succeeded and reboot to recovery, if it does not, do a NORMAL reboot, do not reboot to recovery, just a normal reboot. This will reboot you to recovery
    4. Flash file 2, do not reboot at this point.
    5. Wipe all
    6. Flash both Rom and Kernel at the same time (this will work as if your S-off even though your S-on) and go through armoa correclty and set everything up (i recomend Arc Reactor .03, though please view the Sense 4.+ Kernel Warning for our device above.)

Downloading The Rom
    Q- What have they added in the latest revision?
    A- This can be found here https://code.google.com/p/evo-4g-lte-sense5-port/source/list.

Q- Where can i find a flashable zip of the latest revision?
    A- Viper boy has provided a link to the latest builds here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=3957 THX @ -viperboy-

Q- where are people getting the latest revisions past the flashable zip on the op?
    A- they are using svn, Here is the guide for svn setup and use: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1805548 the checkout is listed in the roms OP.

Q- Does anyone know what the checkout is for SVN?
    A- The Official SVN checkout is: http://evo-4g-lte-sense5-port.googlecode.com/svn/trunk. Viper was kind enough to give us a flashable zip of the latest revision in general, and that download link is here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390362690511177341
    THX @ -viperboy-

Q- I dont have access to a computer, how can i download the latest revision from SVN?
    A- The best way to solve this problem without a flashable zip for the rom, would be to download an APP from the play store called OASVN. It should be fairly easy to set up if you have used SVN on a computer before, and best of all, its a free app :) THX Knightwolf123

Q- Would it be alright to dirty flash the rom at this stage in development?
    A- As there is no way of telling the results of this, i would have to state that until a fully functional build is posted to Clean Flash every time.

Q- What is a dirty flash exactly?
    A- a dirty flash is simply flashing the new update of a rom without wiping any data, This can sometimes work and save you alot of the trouble getting your apps back and setting them up properly. But it is not recommended to do this as it can cause issues with the rom itself. Unless explicitly stated that its alright to dirty flash, you should avoid it at all costs. Support wont be given to those who have preformed a dirty flash, until a clean flash is preformed to see if that resolved the issue. THX for showing me this was needed tonyevo52!

Q- I dont know how to use OASVN, is there a guide or faq somewhere around our devices forum?
    A- im not aware of a guide specifically in our forum, but here are the instructions.

1. Download and install OASVN
    2. Open OASVN
    3. Tap Add repository
    4. type a name (can be anything you want it to be)
    5. Type the repository URL http://evo-4g-lte-sense5-port.googlecode.com/svn/trunk <- type this EXACTLY (lol messed up the first time here)
    6. skip username
    7. skip password
    8. skip private key.
    9. Select the folder you want it to download the SVN revision to (default is alright as long as you can remember it, Generally internal storage writes faster though.
    10.click save
    11. tap your newly created REPO
    12. tap checkout, it will start download.

Afterwards to zip the file up use an app called 7zipper and compress everything in the folder containing the revision EXCEPT THE TXT FILES AND BAT into a ZIP file. I recommend using the highest compression ratio, but believe me that harder the compression, the longer it will take to get the file, you can then flash this zip file in TWRP. THX @ scottspa74 and tobisunruh for informing me this should be here.

Themes
    Q- are there any themes for this Sense 5.0 Rom?

A- Gumby64 actually just released a WIP theme in the general thread, the download link is http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390375540264796195 for screenshots go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2202422&page=36 and check post 359.

A-Steal25 is currently working on some transparency throughout the roms UI. There have also been hints at themes in development in the general section

A-Blue Sense 5.0 theme downloads https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zgwvqhzhffr1ck9/Hecg14C4hi THX @ Kchitown1977 & ThatotherGuy.. & termin8tor22!
    ?

Q- Is it normal for my status bar not to stay transparent throughout the rom?
    A- Yes, it should remian transparent on the homescreen, or while in the launcher generally, except in some instances, but in apps it must remain solid, this is due to the illusion created when your eye sees something either totally seperate from the phone, or something totally seperate from the app you are in, it looks somewhat like a hole in the device, and is distracting if left transparent throughout.THX @ Kchitown1977

Audio issues
    Q- Netflix doesn't appear to have any sound upon playing a video, is there any fix for this and is this a known issue?
    A- There is no current fix for this issue, however it is currently be worked on and is a known issue. THX @ Mrrogers for throwing this issue into the bug tracker.

Q- Pandora doesn't appear to have any audio upon selecting a channel, is there any fix for this and is this a known issue?
    A- You can try the pandora fix listed in general, although one has claimed it doesn't work it might for you, go ahead and uninstall google play services, and then open the youtube app, it will prompt you allowing you to install the latest. this is however a known issue and it is currently being worked on.

Q- Im not getting audio to play through any of the webpages on the browser, is there any fix for this?
    A- Again, the pandora fix is the only one claimed once to have solved this problem, and it has not worked for everyone. This is a known issue and it is being looked into by the devs. This OP will be updated immediately when this issue has been resolved.

Q- Im not sure how to uninstall google play services, could you put me in the loop?
    A- Go into titanium backup, click backup and restore after its all loaded. hold google play services until a prompt comes up, and then click uninstall. Now go into youtube and install an updated version and all should work well.THX @ Bard77 for reminding me to put this here.

Modifications
    Q- Ive seen screenshots with a battery percentage mod instead of just a plain green battery icon. Where can i get something like that on my sense 5?
    A- OMJ has released a flashable zip including the battery percentage mod for Sense 5.0. You may also download Battery Widget Reborn and customize the status bar icon to green, and place it in High Priority. DL here for OMJ's AROMA mod installer here http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?15800 only pick Battery Icon Changes and nothing else. THX @ Kchitown1977 for pointing out my mistake. The Battery /w percentage mods decrease in 10% increments, THX billyho7993

Q- Are there any functional kernels out yet for this rom?
    A- All Sense 4.+ kernels function properly on this rom. I am currently using Arc Reactor .03 max GPU OC and max OC with intellidemand processor. Phones battery lasted all day.

Q- is there any way to improve battery life on this rom?
    A- this is possible using any sense 4.+ kernel proven to increase battery life. Such as..to be honest all of them offer better than the stock rom. i am using Arc Reactor .03 and my phone lasted all day with medium-heavy use.

Q- Is there any way to get rid of that pesky "USB" connected notification in the status bar when i plug in my phone?
    A- Yes, Flex 360 actually just introduced the fix and the post can be located here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2202422&page=32 on post 312. The Download for this modification can be located here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9ynl7jpmy3tr45/Settings.apk there is not yet any current flashable zip for this modification.THX @ Flex360

Q- Is there any way to remove the Power Saving Notification from the notifications window?
    A- Yes, this mod has been implemented in the latest revision of the rom. Hurry and update :)

Q- Ive noticed some stuttering when scrolling around in some apps, and blinkfeed, is this being worked on and is there an available fix?
    A- The Smooth Scrolling mod has been re-implemented THX to Flex360. Instructions are to copy it to your phone in System/Framework (DO NOT DO THIS WHILE THE ROM IS RUNNING) Do it by going to mounts in TWRP, mounting system, then going to advanced/file manager, and use that to copy over Framework.jar. The download link is...https://www.dropbox.com/s/urwpwbwwkcgdgy8/framework.jar THX @ Kchitown1977, thesparky007 for the reminder to post instructions

Q- Are there any cool modifications for the camera out there?
    A- Yes, Leoisright has released modifications allowing in video HDR and Slow Motion Video the download for this is http://www.mediafire.com/?nzffjj9map8nsp6. Instructions are to move the APK to /system/app and set permissions, and reboot.

Q- I seem to see a line through my status bar, its faint but its definately there and ive put no modifications on the status bar yet, is there a fix for this?
    A- Yes, gibson posted his fix today in the general section. the download link is here http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1836988&d=1364363187 copy and overwrite the file in System/App and set permissions and reboot. SAFE: Do this inside of twrp with system mounted, in advance/filemanager. NOTE: this will undo any status bar mods you have had on previously, all you need to do is re-flash them and they will work again without the line through the status bar.

Root Access
    Q- I keep getting a request for root from ResetNotify. What is this app and is it safe to grant permissions to it?
    A- From my understanding based on the reply from ilduce in this section, the best thing to do would be to deny it, il duce states he may remove this logger from the rom.. THX @ billyho7993, Il duce.

Q- I'm having some issues with root access and a few apps. Is there any fix for this and is this a known issue?
    A- yes this is a known issue and there is a fox available thanks to steal25. Set super su to grant instead of prompt.

Network Issues
    Q- I cant seem to download anything from the Google Play Store, It just sits there and hangs, is this a known issue and is there a fix for it?
    A- This problem isnt present for all users, however it could be due to the fact that your google play store is out of date, check and see if your Play Store Version is 3.10.14, if not, try updating to see if that solves your issue. THX billyho7993

Q- Upon attempting to watch a video on youtube, the youtube app Force Closes, This is the same with most streaming options available, is there any fix available for this?
    A- the fix has been posted for this issue in the General thread,
    "In order to enable streaming (YouTube, Pandora, etc) over your data connection you need to add EPST.apk and
    HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk to /system/app as suggested by CaptainThrowBack, dial ##3282#, enter your msl, then make DSS and advanced-RTSP/HTTP Setting look like the attached images." THX @.Gibson. billyho7993, and david279

uploadfromtaptalk1364401191838.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364401203697.jpg

for those who need the process simplified a bit, i will be uploading both required files in a zip in the morning at the highest compression to make it smaller than it already was. :) have a great night guys

Other OS
    Q- Is there any way to run the build .bat file on my MAC?
    A- I cannot test this but you could probably simply archive everything thats not a information txt file and see if that will flash for you. Otherwise you can check here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110818171632AA4szz5 for the possible solution. Also, the flashable zip downloads have been added to the downloads section THX @ -viperboy-

Sense 5.0 Features
    Q- I cant seem to change the items on my dock in sense 5, it just makes duplicates when i try to move them onto the homescreen. is there a fix for this?
    A- This is actually a feature of Sense 5.0, they are called shortcuts, and to change items on the dock you must drag them into the app drawer.
    Demonstration: THX to Sean8172 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qN3_BNV2tw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Q- I cant seem to drag an app from the app drawer to the homescreen, is there any fix for this and is it a known issue?
    A- This is actually a feature of sense 5, its can be a bit hard to notice at first, but to drag an app from your app drawer straight to the home screen, drag the app to the top left kernel where it says shortcut while holding the app, hold it there for a few moments and you can place the app anywhere on the homescreen. You can also place a shortcut through the widgets menu, by changing the category from widgets to apps. THX @ aarsyl for pointing out this was missing from OP

Q- can that pesky blinkfeed be removed?
    A- Not currently

Q- can I move the blinkfeed to the right, or change where the page is located?
    A- Not currently.

Q- Can i change the way blinkfeed displays information, and in what order?
    A- This cannot currently be done on the rom.

Q- can I set a different page as my main homepage?
    A- yes, click, hold, and drag to the option to make any page your main.

Q- How many homescreens can i have on sense 5?
    A- The current limit is 5 including Blinkfeed.

Q- the 3x4 grid layout in the app drawer is annoying. Is there any fix, or way to change that inside of the rom?
    A- Yes, Drag down on the top page of app drawer, click menu, grid size, change to 4x5

Q- there used to be a section in the messaging app called personalize, i cant seem to find it, is it still in the rom?
    A- Yes, it has been renamed to Colors under settings in the messaging app.

Q- is there any way to fix the contact pictures looking all dotty?
    A- yes. This is actually a feature of sense 5 to make lower quality images look more professional, Guide for fix: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39325872 THX @ jonathan_phang

Force Closes
    Q- the gallery is force closing is there a fix for this?
    A- this has been fixed in the latest revision of the ROM. You may use any gallery app from the play store.

Q- I keep getting a Google play services force close, is this being worked on? And are there any fixes?
    A- This is a known issue, and there is a temporary fix available thanks to Steal25. clear data, Uninstall google play services, open youtube, it will prompt you to install, problem solved.

Camera Issues
    Q- My pictures taken on the stock camera look distorted, is there any fix for this and is this a known issue?
    A- Flex360 recently released a camera fix, it hasn't been committed to the revisions yet, but download this https://www.dropbox.com/s/pw3ci9yr8wkfpql/res_ctrl.conf, Place the file into the system/etc folder, set permissions and re-boot THX @ Flex360 & David 279 &-viperboy- for his posts in general.

Q- I switched the new camera to burst mode and tried to take a bunch of shots, and it didnt seem to work, is this a known issue with the new camera and is there a fix for this?
    A- This is a known issue, and there is no current official fix. CameraMX from the market place has a burst shot mode along with having the correct resolution for our devices camera, that is recommended until this is fixed in a later revision. THX @ dased14

Q- I keep trying to make a Zoe with the stock sense 5 camera and its not working. Is this a known issue and are there any fixes?
    A- yes the camera not being fully functional is a known issue, and is currently being worked on.

Navigation
    Q- Is there going to be a GPS fix, and is this a known issue?
    A- GPS fix has been implemented in latest revision :) R65

Sizing Issues
    Q- will we be getting the sense 5 keyboard any time soon?
    A- Yes, and lots of progress has been made so far, judging by screenshots in the general section, for the 4.2 keyboard will have to do. All other keyboards from the play store still function normally.

Q- there seem to be some sizing issues all over the ROM. Is this being worked on already and are there any fixes?
    A- yes it is being worked on and some fixes for sizing issues have been implemented in the latest revision.

Other Issues
    Q- Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working, is there any fix for this, and is this a known issue?
    A- there is not currently any fix for this but this is a known problem and it is being worked on.

Q- I seem to have duplicate folders when attaching my device to my computer, or duplicate music files in the music APP. Is there a fix for this?
    A- From what i can tell this issue has only been experienced by a small amount of users and there is no fix available yet, however this is a known issue and will be worked on in the future.

This will continue to be updated. I may have left out a few, feel free to ask them and get answers.

OP online updating status: Offline for a bit :) spending too much time on here so taken a break for about an hour or so.

Some of the questions may not be available when using the Xda-Developers APP, i cannot see one question in particular when using the app that i used to be able to (question relates to the dock and icon positioning, Additional thx to sean for the video). Just a heads up.

How soon? I don't see any developers' action since April 15th.. I think the best developers we had have left for HTC One.. I hope someone can tell me I am wrong.
    You should read the other thread . . . :rolleyes:. Just because you don't see immediate results doesn't mean people aren't working on stuff. Posts like this annoy me.
    Il duce would it be possible to hard code quick setting toggles to the pulldown like super jelly since quick settings doesn't work

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Ive already got qs added to sysui, the same qs i added to superjelly. we just waiting for the base to be finished so we all can do our own seperate roms.We wanna keep this base as close to stock as possible.So this will be included in SuperONE.

Screenshot_2013-03-23-21-28-56.png
    Okay don't take this rude but some of us are busy and need to be spoon fed.. I'm very busy and I travel a lot, so I don't have time to read through 100 pages. Some of you tech sauvy guys maybe enjoy reading tons of info and I'm not hatin.. I'm thankful to have new roms so I can change my phone.. So maybe instead of telling some of us, we need to read, just give us the answer..
    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

well try not to take this the wrong way;)
    im sure you are busy as are most of us,the problem with spoon feeding the "busy"ones is after you do that for one person then the next person that just doesn't feeling like looking for the answers will then want to be spoon feed also and after you start spoon feeding people answers then they feel that the are intitled to things. On a bright note there are a few apps out that helps the busy ones stay caught up! theres tapatalk,xda app where one can read a few pages of their fav rom,phone or theme thread when they can find the time i.e waiting for a plane,a taxi,on lunch, in bed,on the crapper where ever theres a free moment.if we can find the time between families,work,school and life to make roms,mods,themes then the least you can do is find the time to read up on any problems you have or the things you want to use/flash.

again not trying to be rude just my 2 cents
    here is the trans 4x1 weather clock (stock look)

normal drill applies you flash you do so at your own risk