Is the S4 a hit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Odia - on the i9505 I played with it was actually beyond SEAndroid. Disabling SEAndroid is trivial. But even with SEAndroid disabled, it didn't work.

PS you already got one? Which model?

Reactions: s4shyam95

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
Odia - on the i9505 I played with it was actually beyond SEAndroid. Disabling SEAndroid is trivial. But even with SEAndroid disabled, it didn't work.

Yes we are beyond that too and still having problems, I have my head inside the bootloader at the moment.

i9500.

A.S._id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010

chainfire - dude you're a respected and not me to teach you, just check .. Take your system partition image, mount it in Linux, come into it as root, and check permissions. If r-x, then the root is not possible if the rwx, then I'm wrong and it's just different ..

NORMAL FS

attachment.php

BROKEN FS

attachment.php

Attachments

• normal.jpg
    normal.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 8,197
  • broken.jpg
    broken.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 8,110
Last edited:

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
Does SEAndroid exist in the Galaxy S III as well? Related to "Modified" status or Unlocked icon on bootloader when you root it?

Something similar exists but it's called sysscope. But that just displays a status and does not actually prevent stuff.

It's clear from the GS4 OS that Samsung do not support the open community and want to act like Nazi. Let's hope it's just for the engineering builds but would doubt it.

Last edited:

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Yes we are beyond that too and still having problems, I have my head inside the bootloader at the moment.

i9500.

To make matters completely wtf, my guy just got a new firmware (i9505) on his device, and CF-Auto-Root just works. No trouble with SEAndroid (back to permissive from the earlier restrictive (from the earlier permissive)), no trouble with rebooting on gaining root privileges, just works out of the box.

This is the latest firmware for that device ... but it's unclear if it's also the final.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2219803

Last edited:

DistortedWisdom

Oct 18, 2010
Jeddah
To make matters completely wtf, my guy just got a new firmware (i9505) on his device, and CF-Auto-Root just works. No trouble with SEAndroid (back to permissive from the earlier restrictive (from the earlier permissive)), no trouble with rebooting on gaining root privileges, just works out of the box.

This is the latest firmware for that device ... but it's unclear if it's also the final.

i have an i9500 and i cant even change the native keyboard... is it safe to try to root this thing?

TingTingin

Aug 13, 2012
peru

Are u getting this device?

i have an i9500 and i cant even change the native keyboard... is it safe to try to root this thing?

What do u mean u can't change it do u have another one installed?

S4 INFO

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
I've heard Samsung prohibits to install apps on preview version of SGS4. May be that's why SELinux on current (well, already in past) firmwares has been set to restrictive.

Production firmwares should have relaxed policy.

zackss

Aug 30, 2006
UK
Moto G6 Plus
Has anyone tried this?

hi, i just got the phone and to be honest i am rather reluctant on trying to install this "Pre-Rooted firware". has anyone actually tried this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,

There are 2 root mehods in this thread scroll down to check the second method...

First...
    I have found the a root for the new galaxy S4. Kindly follow the instructions in order to root ur galaxy s4.
    The root file utilises the system dump of the device. The root method works only on the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 running on official Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 Jelly Bean but not on the quad-core Snapdragon 600 variant with model number I9505.

Galaxy S4 users who wish to root their handset using the root file may follow my step-by-step guide below.

Let me remind u that I will not be held liable for any mishap, therefore, proceed at your own risk.

Pre-requisites

1) Download and install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S4 on the computer.

2) Verify that USB Debugging Mode is enabled which will allow to connect the phone with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]

3) Create a backup of all data of the phone.

4) The battery of the device should have above 80 per cent charge.

5) The root method works only on the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 running on Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 Jelly Bean; applying this root to incorrect variants will brick the device.

Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 on Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 Jelly Bean

1) Download I9500XXUAMC6 pre-rooted firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 to the computer and extract the zip file

2) Download Odin v1.85 which will help to root the Jelly Bean firmware

3) Turn off the Galaxy S4 and enter Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle are seen. Press the Power button again to enter Download Mode

4) Run Odin on the computer

5) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. If the device is connected successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time

6) Select the files mentioned below to install on the phone

a) Click on 'PDA' and select file with 'CODE' in its name

b) Click on 'Phone' and select file with 'MODEM' in its name

c) Click on 'CSC' and select file with 'CSC' in its name

d) Click on 'PIT' and select the .pit file

[Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]

7) Ensure the 'Auto Reboot' and 'F Reset Time' options are selected in Odin. Also ensure the 'Re-Partition' option is selected in case the .pit file is being used

8) Double check everything and finally click the 'Start' button in Odin. The installation process will begin and take a few minutes to complete

9) After the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the device, unplug the USB cable

Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 is now successfully rooted on Android 4.2.2 XXUAMC6 Jelly Bean firmware. Open the app drawer in the phone and search for an app called Superuser. To ensure that the above root method is installed and working correctly, verify with the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.

If u found this guide useful/helpful kindly hit the thanks button
    thank u for ur appreciation and support :good: :)
    and please let me know if this method worked for u.. coz if it didnt i might be able to find another way to help u. :)

Black Hat.... :)
    So, has anybody actually tested this ?

We've tested this on the I9505 (literally weeks ago), and simply injecting root does not work - there is further firmware protection against gaining root privileges, it is not just a matter of injected the root files.

So unless you have some damn good evidence this actually does work ... :)
    Hello Xda ,

this an other method to root ur s4 devices.

Cofface CWM 6.0.3.2 RECOVERY & ROOT
    Update 2013.05.03 by cofface thank you cofface
    ROOT newest selinux.

This should be the easiest way to root the i9500 (yes, the so called 8-core one) by now.

Recovery Feature:

1. Based on CWM 6.0.3.2
    2. ROOT your phone
    Had two methods root in root your phone option,the newest stock must be use new method,and old stock may be use old method is okey.
    I had tried some stock firmwares(for example:I9500XXUAMDK、I9500UBUAMDK、I9500XXUAMDK、I95 00ZSUAMDF、I9500XXUAMDE、I9500XXUAMDL、I9500UBUAMDE
    、I9500XXUAMDE、I9500XXUAMDE、I9500ZSUAMDF、I9500XXUAM DE、I9500UBUAMDE、I9500UBUAMDE、I9500XXUAMDE、I9500XXU AMDK、I9500ZCUAMDG and so on.)

1、CM Team
    2、GSeeker、gsmcn and so on tested.

Just download the recovery and unzip it, flash the cofface_samsungI9500_recovery_en_0503.tar as PDA in Odin.

Then turn off the phone and enter recovery by pressing Vol Up+Home+Power keys, and select ROOT YOUR PHONE(Had two root method), reboot, DONE.

Download:
    Hotfile Link
    Baidu Link

If your rooting is done,please don't update su bin file.

If you had problem,you can email (cofface@gmail.com)。

Thank u :)
    l3Lack H@t :D :good:
    Thank you for sharing this with us.

The root file utilises the system dump of the device
    Can you give us more light about this?
    this is just my personal opinion - time judge us ..

I know, but why doubt Chainfire?

Proof of the fact attached :laugh: