My favorite mods for Stock JB fw and roms ONLY

Search This thread

bobfrantic

Here is a couple of flashable zips I put together a couple months back and thought for those of us who still prefer stock, why not share them.. so here we go.......

Please make sure to read the entire op, as I did my best to make it perfectly clear LOL... failure to do so will be obvious by questions you feel the need to ask...

NOTE
These are for stock firmware and roms only. It is also a good idea to be deodexed. They will not work in any CM or KitKat roms as far as I know.
Also, when you install them, they will remove any modifications to status bar and lockscreen that you already have on your phone.

Now having said that:

First is a status bar that is transparent. It also has transparent notification panel (as best as can be with the shadowing that occurs when you pull down your notifications as I have not found a way to change that, yet). It also has lidroid 23 toggles with thanks to the developer of that (please note that the flashlight and reboot options will not work still). It is themed blue with blue quick start buttons for wifi, data, gps etc., and the top panel is a blue also. There are seconds on the centered clock of the status bar and in the notfications panel. The date in the notifications panel is centered also. On the top right of the notifications there are buttons for settings, recent apps, and clear all notifications. Only thing other than notifications is the brightness slider. The font for notifications, and ongoing have been made bold and light in color for easier view in outdoor conditions There are no battery icons on the status bar, so if you want to see your battery level you need to go to settings, then display, and select show battery percentage. Wifi, signal, clock, and battery percentages are white (they will not show with apps that have white statuses on top but for me that is fine). See first 3 screenshots.

download:
23toggles_blue_transparent_Seconds-5.zip

Second will install Ink Effect, 4 way reboot menu, 5 shortcuts on lockscreen option, and transparent status bar on the lock screen. See last 4 screenshots.

download:
Inkeffect-4reboots-5LSshortcuts-TransLS.zip

Make sure when you install via your choice of recovery (CWM or TWRP) to mount your system and preloads before you install. I also strongly suggest you make a complete back up of your phone so if you don't like the changes you can revert back to how your phone was before.

Here are some screenshots of both mods in action on my phone. I have installed these on several versions of firmware, the latest is UBLPK from Argentina and they worked fine. I wouldn't install on any older firmwares before XXLQI. Will cause strange things to happen in your phone when you are asked to select default settings.

Screenshot_2014-05-12-09-49-02.jpg
Transparent Status Bar Home Screen

Screenshot_2014-05-12-09-49-22.jpg
Notifications with clear all button upper right

Screenshot_2014-05-12-09-49-43.jpg
Notifications with Previous apps and Settings button

Screenshot_2014-05-12-10-20-26.jpg
Non Transparent Status Bar on Lockscreen before mod installation

Screenshot_2014-05-12-09-52-51.jpg
Transparent Status Bar on Lockscreen w/5 shortcuts

Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-58-42.png
4 way reboot menu when restart is pressed

Screenshot_2014-05-19-17-02-22.jpg
The ink effect

Thanks to:
martin_carpio17 for the ink effect
kahvitahra for the 4 reboot menu tutorial
Toni5830 for his guide and porting of wanam's 23 toggles
GerryS2 for the seconds on status bar clock
xperiacle for the transparent status bar on lockscreen

Also to Joehan88, BOOTMGR, KINGbabsula, Koulis2000, shut_down, and R_a_z_v_a_n for their assistance and help in modding things in general. I apologize if I missed anyone else who has helped me with things (do let me know gently in a PM if I forgot you).

DISCLAIMER:
And as usual, I and XDA are in no way responsible for your phone breaking, bricking, or running away with an Iphone (to quote Shaftamle: Friends don't let friends buy an Iphone lol). You and only you choose to install at your own risk (although there isn't much risk involved).

and Please Take Note:
I will NOT take any requests to change anything in these nor will I respond to support via PM. You take them as they are. They are the final versions and I am most happy with them on my phone and hope you will be too. Enjoy :)

Oh, Last but not Least:
If you incorporate these into your stock rom, please pm me and also give credit with link to this thread. Thanks in advance...

Please Note: If you are using the XXLQL Italian firmware please see this post

Last edited:

bobfrantic

the notification panel texts are so bold n bulky... plz tell d way to make it thin as it is in stock

I made it this way for better visibilty outdoors specially with my old eyes LOL.

edit: here is how to do it, I posted how a while back: GoHere. Change font style from bold to normal for thin fonts if you wish it that way.

Sent from my GT-I9070

Last edited:

yeholipsker

Feb 11, 2014
Can I flash it on odexed Rom or I have to deodex it?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

psycho_boy52

Dec 27, 2012
kolkata
Moto X4
Motorola One Power
I made it this way for better visibilty outdoors specially with my old eyes LOL.

edit: here is how to do it, I posted how a while back: GoHere. Change font style from bold to normal for thin fonts if you wish it that way.

Sent from my GT-I9070
i hv chngd d values bt still it is same n on d othr hand i lost my music player.apk.....:crying::crying::crying::crying: wat to do

bobfrantic

can u make the chng for me plz

As stated in the op:
and Please Take Note:
I will NOT take any requests to change anything in these nor will I respond to support via PM. You take them as they are. They are the final versions and I am most happy with them on my phone and hope you will be too.

sorry but no...

Reactions: dagger and #Henkate

craysor

Jun 21, 2010
There is no option for the ink-effekt. and only 3 shortcuts with 2 names extra (ShaoNV, Kaiti). Never seen before. And probably odexed.

bobfrantic

There is no option for the ink-effekt. and only 3 shortcuts with 2 names extra (ShaoNV, Kaiti). Never seen before. And probably odexed.

Ok, first you are probably rooted and have twrp or cwm for recovery. If you are rooted, you need an explorer with root access. Go to system>apps and find secsettings.odex and rename it to secsettings.odex.bkup then reinstall the zip file. Clear cache and dalvick cache then reboot. Are you using only the ink, shortcuts, transparent status bar on lockscreen mod? or both?

Edit: You can always install a deodexed firmware that matches the current firmware on your phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: dagger

craysor

Jun 21, 2010
Shortcuts now ok, but the inkeffect is not working. I see the option and can change the colour, but cant check it , it doesnt safe?

My phone is rooted/twrp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a couple of flashable zips I put together a couple months back and thought for those of us who still prefer stock, why not share them.. so here we go.......

Please make sure to read the entire op, as I did my best to make it perfectly clear LOL... failure to do so will be obvious by questions you feel the need to ask...

NOTE
    These are for stock firmware and roms only. It is also a good idea to be deodexed. They will not work in any CM or KitKat roms as far as I know.
    Also, when you install them, they will remove any modifications to status bar and lockscreen that you already have on your phone.

Now having said that:

First is a status bar that is transparent. It also has transparent notification panel (as best as can be with the shadowing that occurs when you pull down your notifications as I have not found a way to change that, yet). It also has lidroid 23 toggles with thanks to the developer of that (please note that the flashlight and reboot options will not work still). It is themed blue with blue quick start buttons for wifi, data, gps etc., and the top panel is a blue also. There are seconds on the centered clock of the status bar and in the notfications panel. The date in the notifications panel is centered also. On the top right of the notifications there are buttons for settings, recent apps, and clear all notifications. Only thing other than notifications is the brightness slider. The font for notifications, and ongoing have been made bold and light in color for easier view in outdoor conditions There are no battery icons on the status bar, so if you want to see your battery level you need to go to settings, then display, and select show battery percentage. Wifi, signal, clock, and battery percentages are white (they will not show with apps that have white statuses on top but for me that is fine). See first 3 screenshots.

download:
    23toggles_blue_transparent_Seconds-5.zip

Second will install Ink Effect, 4 way reboot menu, 5 shortcuts on lockscreen option, and transparent status bar on the lock screen. See last 4 screenshots.

download:
    Inkeffect-4reboots-5LSshortcuts-TransLS.zip

Make sure when you install via your choice of recovery (CWM or TWRP) to mount your system and preloads before you install. I also strongly suggest you make a complete back up of your phone so if you don't like the changes you can revert back to how your phone was before.

Here are some screenshots of both mods in action on my phone. I have installed these on several versions of firmware, the latest is UBLPK from Argentina and they worked fine. I wouldn't install on any older firmwares before XXLQI. Will cause strange things to happen in your phone when you are asked to select default settings.

Screenshot_2014-05-12-09-49-02.jpg
    Transparent Status Bar Home Screen

Screenshot_2014-05-12-09-49-22.jpg
    Notifications with clear all button upper right

Screenshot_2014-05-12-09-49-43.jpg
    Notifications with Previous apps and Settings button

Screenshot_2014-05-12-10-20-26.jpg
    Non Transparent Status Bar on Lockscreen before mod installation

Screenshot_2014-05-12-09-52-51.jpg
    Transparent Status Bar on Lockscreen w/5 shortcuts

Screenshot_2014-05-19-16-58-42.png
    4 way reboot menu when restart is pressed

Screenshot_2014-05-19-17-02-22.jpg
    The ink effect

Thanks to:
    martin_carpio17 for the ink effect
    kahvitahra for the 4 reboot menu tutorial
    Toni5830 for his guide and porting of wanam's 23 toggles
    GerryS2 for the seconds on status bar clock
    xperiacle for the transparent status bar on lockscreen

Also to Joehan88, BOOTMGR, KINGbabsula, Koulis2000, shut_down, and R_a_z_v_a_n for their assistance and help in modding things in general. I apologize if I missed anyone else who has helped me with things (do let me know gently in a PM if I forgot you).

DISCLAIMER:
    And as usual, I and XDA are in no way responsible for your phone breaking, bricking, or running away with an Iphone (to quote Shaftamle: Friends don't let friends buy an Iphone lol). You and only you choose to install at your own risk (although there isn't much risk involved).

and Please Take Note:
    I will NOT take any requests to change anything in these nor will I respond to support via PM. You take them as they are. They are the final versions and I am most happy with them on my phone and hope you will be too. Enjoy :)

Oh, Last but not Least:
    If you incorporate these into your stock rom, please pm me and also give credit with link to this thread. Thanks in advance...

Please Note: If you are using the XXLQL Italian firmware please see this post
    can u make the chng for me plz

As stated in the op:
    and Please Take Note:
    I will NOT take any requests to change anything in these nor will I respond to support via PM. You take them as they are. They are the final versions and I am most happy with them on my phone and hope you will be too.

sorry but no...
    Nice one
    It make me to come back to jb

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Welcome, now click thanks button in future pls :)

Sent from my GT-I9070
    Hello,
    i wanted the inkeffect but it got the ripple-effect. and only 3 shortcuts?!

Did you go to settings>lockscreen>lockscreen options? That is where you can set up shortcut and ink effect. You have turn on ink and shortcuts. Also are you using deodexed?

Sent from my GT-I9070