[Q] Auto Brightness not fixer yet?

Search This thread

fgenari

Sep 7, 2012
My nexus 5 continue having problems with spike auto brightness, the only way fixer is xposed module?

Enviado de meu Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
My nexus 5 continue having problems with spike auto brightness, the only way fixer is xposed module?

You could use the settings in Gravity Box module (Xposed framework), also the Franco kernel or a very popular app called Lux (see playstore). If your rooted enhance Lux's capabilities by using the Nexus 5 specific Lux add on. I personally use Lux pro even though I also use Gravity Box and the Franco kernel for other purposes.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: fgenari

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
I am with you, nothing raises my bloodpressure with my nexus more than the autobrightness going super dark. I have powertoggles installed but its just like COME ON!

nubreed000

Jan 24, 2012
I am with you, nothing raises my bloodpressure with my nexus more than the autobrightness going super dark. I have powertoggles installed but its just like COME ON!

Yea that's absolutely ridiculous. I'm really disappointed with Google on that one. I've had the phone for a few days now and it's the one thing that makes me wish I still had my Galaxy S3. It's like the autobrightness setting is drunk and has no clue WTF it's doing. Sometimes it's way too bright, other times it's too dark, or it'll just randomly scroll through different brightness settings.

Also, just so I understand the fixes correctly: I can either 1) used Xposed (w/e that is), 2) install Franco Kernel, 3) install Lux.

Would a custom ROM such as Carbon or SlimKAT fix this too? Or are those my only 3 real options?

kevev

May 22, 2006
Does anyone have suggested Gravity Box setting? I am lost trying to configure it. Thank You in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 5

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
I been using Lux for the past couple months. Its a paid app but works great with Nexus 5.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Save yourself the stress and battery life and turn it off.

You could use the settings in Gravity Box module (Xposed framework), also the Franco kernel or a very popular app called Lux (see playstore). If your rooted enhance Lux's capabilities by using the Nexus 5 specific Lux add on. I personally use Lux pro even though I also use Gravity Box and the Franco kernel for other purposes.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Never fixed. I use Tasker to control the brightness (auto disabled), depending on location.