OOPS, stuck at fastboot

Search This thread

dyskinesia

Jan 14, 2009
Far Far Away
if I'm posted in the wrong spot please move me

wife's phone started acting weird. it's been on 4.1.2 for a long time. it was rooted but no BL unlocked.

so after trying numerous ways to fix it I decided to try and move to KK. so I defrosted all my bloat and the updater then accepted the first OTA. all worked great. then accepted the second OTA and it installed and was halfway through installing when it rebooted and then went to a more dim version of the same screen. open chested droid with spinning item inside. when it finally finished it rebooted to the Red M and will not go any further.

I can get into fastboot and I have pushed a few commands to see if it works but I cannot get it to allow me to do much else. I have RSD but it seems the device but doesn't show any information. tried to flash something via RSD and it says PHONE RETURNED FAIL

is there a way to get this phone back to some workable form? BL is locked.
===================================================
lots of reading.
it appears that with locked bootloader only signed official MOTO system and boot.img can be loaded thus the fails. downloaded official files
running RSD now and it's gone through 15/17 steps, now loading system for last few minutes.
fingers crossed....

Last edited:

dyskinesia

Jan 14, 2009
Far Far Away
Got it working. Then had to redo it because I flashed 182 not 183. Then that meant I had to delete getvar, got it working and it's perfect EXCEPT WiFi sucks. It doesn't see or stay connected to access points that are best in house. Makes me want to Revert just for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012
Got it working. Then had to redo it because I flashed 182 not 183. Then that meant I had to delete getvar, got it working and it's perfect EXCEPT WiFi sucks. It doesn't see or stay connected to access points that are best in house. Makes me want to Revert just for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It's pretty easy to downgrade back to jb

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dyskinesia

Jan 14, 2009
Far Far Away
Ultimately phone had h/w issues. So swapped for another just like it still on jb. Rooted and unlocked so golden.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk