[FIRMWARE][2.18] AT&T Sense 5 OTA Firmware.

Search This thread

d3thstalker

Nov 8, 2008
Buffalo
So this was the key to resolving my signal drop issues. Flashed this, and my WiFi and LTE has been the most stable, ever.

And not sure whether it's a placebo or not, but ViperXL seems to be a lot snappier and jazzier after installing this. The only qualm I had against reverting from 4.4.2 to ViperXL was the snapiness and response of devices. 4.4.2 made things a lot smoother and buttery. However, after updating to this, all I can say is WOAH! This + ViperXL + V4A Audio + ElementalX + Sense Toolbox = Jizz in my pants babeh!

Reactions: raisage

shekel20

Feb 17, 2009
A few questions please

First - thanks for the update.

I'm using CM11 and I'm with HBoot 2.14, S-Off and CID 111111 (have no idea what they all mean).
1. Can I use your file to update my HBoot to 2.18 though I'm using CM11 (I understood that it won't really give me something, just asking if I can update).
2. Do I need to wipe data before/after updating?
3. If I can't, do I need to switch to sense based ROM in order to update?
4. I understand that the new AT&T radio won't be affective to me because I'm using CM, anyone maybe knows if there's a plan to extract the new AT&T radio from this file and make it available for zip flash under recovery for CM based roms?

Thanks

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
First - thanks for the update.<br>
I'm using CM11 and I'm with HBoot 2.14, S-Off and CID 111111 (have no idea what they all mean).<br>
1. Can I use your file to update my HBoot to 2.18 though I'm using CM11 (I understood that it won't really give me something, just asking if I can update).<br>
2. Do I need to wipe data before/after updating?<br>
3. If I can't, do I need to switch to sense based ROM in order to update?<br>
4. I understand that the new AT&T radio won't be affective to me because I'm using CM, anyone maybe knows if there's a plan to extract the new AT&T radio from this file and make it available for zip flash under recovery for CM based roms?<br>
Thanks
1. Yes you can.<br>
2. No you don't need to wipe anything.<br>
3. No.<br>
4. Unless you're on a really old cm ROM this radio will work fine.<br>
Sent from my Evita<br>

xolanir

Jul 19, 2011
Springville
Just have a quick questions about the flashing of the firmware. Other than flashing it using ADB, is there a simpler way to flash the firmware? The reason I'm asking, is that I'm teaching my brother-in-law the way of the Android, and I haven't taught him how to flash through ADB yet. Most of my instructions are usually over the phone, and so trying to instruct him on flashing the regular way through recovery was an hour and a half task. I guess what I'm asking, is it possible to get a recovery flashable firmware zip file, or does this process require ADB strictly? Thanks in advance for the help!

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you're teaching your brother-in-law the way of Android then using adb and fastboot is an integral part of that, it's something he definitely needs to learn. In answer to your question though, no this can't be flashed via recovery.

Sent from my Evita

24ky

Aug 25, 2012
Amsterdam
Google Pixel 4 XL
No. I've told you numerous times that no standard Evita firmware is compatible with your middle eastern variant, that is not going to change.

Sent from my Evita
@timmaaa, Just saying thanks for being around and helping when other devs are not around.. otherwise this community would be left with some unanswered questions for a quite amount of time. So thanks again.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Reactions: 00Scott00

louslugger15

Apr 17, 2011
Is there any reason this firmware would drain my battery? I am on radavs stock rom with the previous firmware and could get between 24-30 hours on a charge. I flashed this 2 days ago and I'm having 25-30% drain overnight. Should I reflash ROM or revert back to other firmware?

24ky

Aug 25, 2012
Amsterdam
Google Pixel 4 XL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AT&T Latest Firmware For There Sense 5 Android 4.2.2 Release.

I took the honors of removing "Boot.img" and "Recovery.img". So it doesnt overwrite your current boot.img or recovery.img... Should of been posted last night ( Feb 16 ) when I did this but was busy with my family afterwards.

1392594468146.jpg

• Installing the Firmware (Warning: You MUST be S-OFF and Super CID to flash this! Flash at own risk!)
    • Reboot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader if "USB Debugging" is enabled in Android)
    • Run: fastboot oem rebootRUU
    • Run: fastboot flash zip
    • If the output ends with "FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)", run the previous command AGAIN
    • If it ends with "INFO..... OK", reboot to the bootloader: fastboot reboot-bootloader
    • Verify everything was successful by running fastboot getvar all
    (bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.18.0000
    (bootloader) version-baseband: 1.35a.32.45.27
    (bootloader) version-cpld: None
    (bootloader) version-microp: None
    (bootloader) version-main: 5.18.502.1
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
    (bootloader) product: evita
    (bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8960
    (bootloader) modelid: PJ8310000
    (bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
    (bootloader) battery-status: good
    (bootloader) battery-voltage: 4147mV
    (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
    (bootloader) security: off
    (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
    (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
    (bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d3bfc037
    (bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
    (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

• Reboot into Android: fastboot reboot or into recovery: fastboot reboot-recovery

Download:
    AT&T 5.18 Firmware MD5 Checksum - 78aa08f90d38c16f1b0a93f508bece8f
    Hi,

I am getting following message when tried on my Windows 7 machine in Bootloader.

Sathish.

download and put Att_5.18_firmware.zip in fastboot folder (do not extract it)
    boot to bootloader/fastboot
    plug phone in to PC
    open command prompt within fastboot folder
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip Att_5.18_firmware.zip
    Wait for it to finish
    Error flush again immediately will occur.
    fastboot flash zip Att_5.18_firmware.zip
    Wait for it to finish.
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    Then you should have 2.18 hboot.

Don't use Windows Folder way's!!
    Definitely going to try this after switching from cm to viper

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    No, this is a hboot, radio, WiFi partition updates ... You will remain on what ever rom your on now... Just you'll be on the company's latest software minus the rom, boot.img and recovery.ing

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Is it worth flashing this when not using a Sense based ROM? I mean unless you are using a Stock AT&T ROM anyway it isn't going to match exactly to what the manufacturer would expect right?

No point at all if you're not on a Sense ROM.

Sent from my Evita