[Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Search This thread

jensema

Aug 23, 2011
Yesterday i updated my p3 to the latest cm10 build.
Build 10/30 was working very good besides the known issues.
I noticed to following regarding the battery consumption:

Build 10/30 : Wifi / Data off. Over night 1-3% Battery Consumption
CPU States ( with app "CPU SPY") : only deep sleep

Build 11/09: Wifi / Data off. Over night 10% Battery Consumption
CPU States ( with app "CPU SPY") : half deep sleep / half 216 Hz

I did a reset of cpu states and then turned display off. Next morning i looked at the battery and the CPU states.
Both times sames apps installed

Here is a screenshot from overnight CPU states: again 12 % Battery consumption.
On previous bulid deep sleep was the only state over night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-11-11-23-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-11-11-23-29.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 125

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
Can you explain better?

Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk 2

Note that this bug is present for me in the stock and CM9 roms as well so it's not CM10 related, just wondering if it can be fix :
If I set the settings to retrieve the hour automatically from the web (don't know which server), it will start to delay after a while. It will show 8.12 pm when it's 9.37 pm for instance. And it will just get worse and worse, up to 14 hours of delays and more.
I used to fix it by checking off and on the "retrieve automatically" (or something like that) setting in Clock & Date but now, it doesn't do anything...

okidokiss

Jan 25, 2010
Lisbon
Note that this bug is present for me in the stock and CM9 roms as well so it's not CM10 related, just wondering if it can be fix :
If I set the settings to retrieve the hour automatically from the web (don't know which server), it will start to delay after a while. It will show 8.12 pm when it's 9.37 pm for instance. And it will just get worse and worse, up to 14 hours of delays and more.
I used to fix it by checking off and on the "retrieve automatically" (or something like that) setting in Clock & Date but now, it doesn't do anything...

I can't reproduce that bug, my clock settings is like you've reported since first install and the clock is always correct. Must be something else.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA Premium HD app

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
I unchecked the automatic settings and it seems to work.
However, I really doubt it has anything to do with my apps for example as prior to flash this rom, my tab was running stock ICS. Actually I was just waiting to get the time to flash so I didn't install any apps, didn't even configure it much (beside my google account) and didn't use it at all. So with ICS Stock, sleeping with 0 app installed for a week, the system clock got delayed...

okidokiss

Jan 25, 2010
Lisbon
I unchecked the automatic settings and it seems to work.
However, I really doubt it has anything to do with my apps for example as prior to flash this rom, my tab was running stock ICS. Actually I was just waiting to get the time to flash so I didn't install any apps, didn't even configure it much (beside my google account) and didn't use it at all. So with ICS Stock, sleeping with 0 app installed for a week, the system clock got delayed...

Can’t get a clue why, since I never had that problem. Maybe some app allow you to change the ntp server, your problem can be in a bad ntp server.

How much free space in ROM do you have?

Last edited:

Nightravenn

Aug 31, 2010
Greets.

First off cheers for this wonderful CM10 experience for the "before even sold" forgotten tablet 10.1v :)

I got everything working without a problem (no battery drains after 2 days of use) but I cant get MTP to work... fastboot, adb works, the tablet is recognized if in download mode and it worked with no problems on stock 4.0.4 . What am I missing here?

Cheers

Last edited:

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Greets.

First off cheers for this wonderful CM10 experience for the "before even sold" tablet 10.1v :)

I got everything working without a problem (no battery drains after 2 days of use) but I cant get MTP to work... fastboot, adb works, the tablet is recognized if in download mode and it worked with no problems on stock 4.0.4 . What am I missing here?

Cheers

storage -> on the action bar -> select MTP

Nightravenn

Aug 31, 2010
Ah damnit hehe... been there, didnt see anything interesting... so not used to this right corner action bar... cheers for the quick reply :) works like a charm :)

ORiZorrie

Apr 9, 2009
Is the connection drop fixed with the latest build? Because I can't find the p3-boot files in the test folder anymore...

Still having the connection drop issue, even with latest ROM. Dunno what is causing it. Please reupload the files for fixing this one pershoot?

I'm sorry I'm not posting a logcat but it always occurs when I'm on the road and urgently need an internet connection ^^ Anywayz, it'll happen soon enough again and I'll post one then.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Still having the connection drop issue, even with latest ROM. Dunno what is causing it. Please reupload the files for fixing this one pershoot?

I'm sorry I'm not posting a logcat but it always occurs when I'm on the road and urgently need an internet connection ^^ Anywayz, it'll happen soon enough again and I'll post one then.

just flash new rom 1112.

not promising it will fix your specific drop issue, but it seems only 1 or 2 of you have it.

my friend is borrowing his friend's p3 to further diagnose it.

Reactions: mtz_ro_2003

ORiZorrie

Apr 9, 2009
I had the problem again today and I immediately took a logcat.

I hope it helps your investigation! Let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-11-13-17-52-13+0100.txt
    92.5 KB · Views: 2

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
U have to be on 1112 and p4's modem otherwise the log will not be too valid.

Get that done and then re-test.

jensema

Aug 23, 2011
What are the WiFi settings now?

I made the tests on a freshly flashed rom. No apps.
When wifi settings are "always on" deep sleep is not working correctly
And battery drains faster. CPU is at 216 for half of the time.

When wifi is set to "never" - deep sleep only. And nearly no battery consumption

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll start by saing that all credits go to :good: pershoot :good: So be sure to thank him !!

INFO
    http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
    This is Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) + CM10.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

CyanogenMod-10.1.jpg

!! DOWNLOAD / NIGHTLIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE !!
    http://get.cm/?device=p3

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    /!\ Before doing anything make sure your bootloader is unlocked and you have a rooted device!
    1. Backup your apps+data using Titanium Backup.
    2. Go to http://get.cm/?device=p3
    3. Download 'recovery.tar.md5' to your PC if you don't have it yet. It's Clockworkmod 6.0.1.0 (latest version). If it's not available on the above location, it's also attached to this post.
    4. Download 'cm-10.1.......zip' and put it in internal storage.
    5. Download the latest 'gapps-jb-*-signed.zip' from http://goo.im/gapps and put it in internal storage. gapps-minimal-jb-20121212-signed.zip has been confirmed to work fine.
    6. a. Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
    6. b. You can also use fastboot (for some reason I prefer this method). Just extract the recovery.img from 'recovery.tar.md5' and then flash it using fastboot ("fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (permanent on device) and/or "fastboot boot recovery.img" (just boot it from pc))
    7. Once in recovery: clean cache & clean dalvik cache. (I did a full wipe to be sure I don't report bugs to pershoot which are linked to data problems).
    8. Flash the ROM.
    9. Flash gapps.
    10. Reboot
    11. Enjoy your ROM :fingers-crossed:
    12. Put back all your apps (using batch Titanium Backup) but don't restore system apps.
    13. You're done!

If you need to flash the P4 modem:
    1. Get ODIN 1.85
    2. Get the Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0" (google it)
    3. Install the driver for Tab
    4. Download the modem image from pershoot's p3 repository
    5. Boot into bootloader (press power and hold volume-up and volume-down at the same time, then select Downloading).
    6. Start ODIN (you should see the first block become yellow on the screen => means your device is connected)
    7. Select PDA and browse to the modem file
    8. Flash it
    9. You're done. Make sure you got the correct RIL by flashing the latest image.

Video made by SjPedro22
    WORKING
    • bluetooth
    • browser
    back camera (8MP)
    • gps
    • install/move apps on sd card
    • mobile data 3g/2g
    • rotation
    • sound (notifications, calls, ringtones, alarm, music)
    • superuser
    • MTP
    • video playback
    • vibration
    • wifi
    • youtube
    front camera

BUGS
    • none! If you find one, please post them in this thread!
    Latest recovery from droidbasement.
    Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.

fixed.

it should build successfully for the next nightly run.
    Re: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone have the links to this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

here you have mate, link to gapps ;)

http://goo.im/gapps

just it the thanks button ;)