Help? Dumbass Bricked Z2

Search This thread

Soulide

May 26, 2014
So yeah I just bricked my Z2 and I have no idea how to fix it.

Just to tell you what I did. My phone Z2, EE carrier, D6503 V 17.1.A.2.69

I wanted to update to 402 but I have never done updates before and had no idea what to do. So me being a dumb ass downloaded the Kernel D6503 17.1.1.A.0.402 and flashed this to my phone using flashtool, flashmode. Obviously this isn't how to update a kernel :good: So Now my phone is bricked. When i boot the phone up I get the sony logo but after that the screen is blank and I can't do anything.

My pc still recognises my phone but I cant reinstall from Sony as it says I already have the latest update. I tried using flashtool to reflash 17.1.A.2.69 but it gets stuck at reading device information. So is there any way to save it?

my bootloader is locked so dunno why I was trying in the first place :D

Last edited:

enrique71

Feb 3, 2011
Texas

I wanted to update to 402 but I have never done updates before and had no idea what to do. So me being a dumb ass downloaded the Kernel D6503 17.1.1.A.0.402 and flashed this to my phone using flashtool, flashmode. Obviously this isn't how to update a kernel :good: So Now my phone is bricked. When i boot the phone up I get the sony logo but after that the screen is blank and I can't do anything.

My pc still recognises my phone but I cant reinstall from Sony as it says I already have the latest update. I tried using flashtool to reflash 17.1.A.2.69 but it gets stuck at reading device information. So is there any way to save it?

You should be able to reflash the .69. Try turning off the phone hard by pressing the power and volume up (I think, maybe it's down) button for three seconds, the phone should vibrate 3 times and then turn off. Now wait a minute or so then try to reflash the .69 firmware in flashtool. You may want to reset your computer too just to be sure.

Good luck.

Reactions: Soulide

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
Flash it again with stock firmware , first restart your computer ( unplug any usb cable ), try to get into download mode ( follow these steps ) And get the .69 ( build firmware ) then flash it with it and voila :fingers-crossed:

Soulide

May 26, 2014
PC restart seems to have done the job, thanks guys! :laugh:

Is there anything I can actually do with my Z2 with bootloader unlock allowed: no?

enrique71

Feb 3, 2011
Texas

Is there anything I can actually do with my Z2 with bootloader unlock allowed: no?

No, if your bootloader comes locked then there is nothing you or anyone can do to unlock it. Your only option is to sell it and buy a factory direct version if you want root access (for now).

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
Hopefully in time a developer will find a Sony KitKat exploit to gain root access, but for now I haven't heard of anyone working on this. Hold tight, you never know :good:

my dream is that someone create a website like sammobile : http://www.sammobile.com/
And roms and stuff :') Life would be so good and easy
Lets' call it
sonyworld :3
anyone willing to create something like that ?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
my dream is that someone create a website like sammobile : http://www.sammobile.com/
And roms and stuff :') Life would be so good and easy
Lets' call it
sonyworld :3
anyone willing to create something like that ?

hah i would but the amount of licencing, government crap and many other things including security would make it imposible

hence why %80 of the internet is illegal

and about root, android 4.4.2 has literely 0 exploits, there are ways to root without a unlocked bootloader which i may just post but i need to work on it some more and test some more

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
hah i would but the amount of licencing, government crap and many other things including security would make it imposible

hence why %80 of the internet is illegal

and about root, android 4.4.2 has literely 0 exploits, there are ways to root without a unlocked bootloader which i may just post but i need to work on it some more and test some more

but how did sam mobile operate ?

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
but how did sam mobile operate ?

well from what i know sammobile doesent have much issues when it comes to licencing blah blah etc etc due to the country they are in

and they probably advertised right
aswell as market research, business method research

and not to mention samsung users at least in japan, england and france to my knowlage often buy accessories for their phone more so than that of a sony owner

ive found xperia owners commonly dont even buy as much accessories for their phones as HTC owners even

probably all factors combined it has made them successful at sammobile
(also a few hundred factors i didnt mention)

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
well from what i know sammobile doesent have much issues when it comes to licencing blah blah etc etc due to the country they are in

and they probably advertised right
aswell as market research, business method research

and not to mention samsung users at least in japan, england and france to my knowlage often buy accessories for their phone more so than that of a sony owner

ive found xperia owners commonly dont even buy as much accessories for their phones as HTC owners even

probably all factors combined it has made them successful at sammobile
(also a few hundred factors i didnt mention)

Ohh :/ i really hate the way that we have to look out for rom then flash it, would be so much better a site like sammobile :/ just type the device name and tada :/

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Ohh :/ i really hate the way that we have to look out for rom then flash it, would be so much better a site like sammobile :/ just type the device name and tada :/

i think sony use to do that but they leave it to XDA developer forums

here you can find all you need for a device provided by the comunity

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You should be able to reflash the .69. Try turning off the phone hard by pressing the power and volume up (I think, maybe it's down) button for three seconds, the phone should vibrate 3 times and then turn off. Now wait a minute or so then try to reflash the .69 firmware in flashtool. You may want to reset your computer too just to be sure.

Good luck.
    Flash it again with stock firmware , first restart your computer ( unplug any usb cable ), try to get into download mode ( follow these steps ) And get the .69 ( build firmware ) then flash it with it and voila :fingers-crossed:

No, if your bootloader comes locked then there is nothing you or anyone can do to unlock it. Your only option is to sell it and buy a factory direct version if you want root access (for now).